Old 06-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #1  
aka "GOING to"

Height: 5'4"

Default Labor Day! stronger and leaner than ever

I am issuing a challenge. Labor day is 14 weeks away from today. I plan to get to the gym for cardio work as many days as possible between now and then.
Anybody want to join me? You can either set a goal for how many workouts you think you will do for the 14 weeks, or you can just count up how many you actually do, or set a weekly goal. There are 98 days between now and then. I plan to break this down into a "semester" with a grade. 90-100 is an A; 80-89 is a "B"; 70-79 is a "C". You can break it down to make it a little more do-able for yourself.
No hard and fast rules, just set some goal for yourself. You can use miles instead of workouts if you are walking, runnng or biking. If you would put a tracker on your signature to help motivate others, that would be nice. Check in every once in a while and let us know how you are doing, and cheer others on.
Let's burn up some miles and some hours exercising this summer!
wanting to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

This pairs well with Sexy by Labor Day weight loss challenge. I would love to join you. Your scale is a little unreasonable for me, so I'm going to make a little adjustment, but I think its a super cute idea. 70-64 A, 63-57 B+, 56-50 B, 49-43 C+, 42-35 C. This is approximately 5/wk A, 4.5/wk B+, 4/wk B, 3.5/wk C+, 3/wk C. One point for today.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #3  
aka "GOING to"

Great! Thanks for joining me. ;-)
Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I'll join you. I'd like to be slimmer by Labor Day. When is that again??? Sometime in September, right??? lol. I think 14 weeks is plenty of time to see some improvements.

My goal is at least one hour a day...and some days 2 hours. While i'm unemployed, i can work out at different times of the day, so i'm trying to take advantage of that as much as i can. I'm going on vacation this weekend and i know i'll be doing alot of walking. Not sure if i'm going to count that into my "excersize goals" or not yet. If i feel somewhat tired and sore from it, i may count it. We will be walking up-hills ALOT!!!

Anyways...let me think about this and i'll come back and post a definate on how many hours of excersize i will be aiming for by Labor Day. I will be doing cardio and strength classes and using the treadmills and elliptical machines to achieve my goals.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I'll definitely join you. I am actually hoping to be at goal weight by labor day (I have 11.4 lbs to go), so I definitely need to up my exercise... especially my weight training. I guess I will shoot for at least 7 hours of exercise a week... That would mean 98 hours... I'll just shoot for an even hundred

Woohoo, let's get it on, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #6  
waisting away

Id like to invite you all to join the Sexy by Labor day weight loss challenge as well. There are some great people there and its quite motivating. I think it pairs very well with the exercise challenge.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

What a fun challenge! Like gatorgirl said, this is the perfect compliment to the Sexy by Labor Day (aka my birthday week) challenge! I've been wanting to up my exercise and seeing as this is my last week of school before summer break (finishing my first year of med school! woohoo!), I should have plenty of time to get my butt to the gym this summer.

I try to take a day off once a week or every 10 days so I'll make my goal 80 hours and adjust it later if I need to.

Off to the gym!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #8  
waisting away

Well, one more point for me. I went to the gym today around 6:40pm. It was SOOO full. I don't think I will go again at that time. It was too busy to do any weight lifting and I was lucky to find an open machine for cardio.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #9  
aka "GOING to"

going to amend my challenge somewhat. I don't think that I want to have a goal of working out 7 days a week. That would lead to becoming discouraged and angry with myself. So 6 days a week will be my goal..
70-84 workouts will be an A!
56-69 workouts will be a B
42-55 workouts will be a C
28-41 workouts will be a D

I have always been an A (with an occassional B thrown in for fun) student, so I plan to do the same this Summer School!

in case you are wondering where those crazy numbers came from
14x 7 = 98
14x 6 = 84
14x5 = 70
14x4 = 56
14x3 = 42
14x2 = 28
14x 1 = 14
and last but not least; the one I usually do:
14x 0 = 0!!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #10  
waisting away

Wantingto: Our scales are about the same, just I have some plus grades thrown in there for fun. So far I have 2. lol. I plan to do another workout tonight after my test.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #11  
aka "GOING to"

I was going to vegetate tonight after work, but instead, I will go to the gym and do cardio for a while. Thanks for the little kick.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #12  
aka "GOING to"

HA! I Did it!
45 minutes of recumbent stepper. If I can do this, anyone can; I can't even walk more than a dozen steps without excruciating pain in my hip, but I can do the recumbent stepper and recumbent bike.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #13  
waisting away

Yay. Congrats on the recumbent stepper. Great job!

I did workout number 3 tonight. Three points for me.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #14  
aka "GOING to"

Gator girl.. how did you get three workouts in? Are you doing two a day? What do you know about doing more than one cardio workout per day? I have never done that, but could do it if it was recommended. I'll research it too.
:-)
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #15  
waisting away

I have only done one workout each day. June 1, 2, 3.