Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 09:25 AM   #1  

Talking LA Weight Loss #55

Good morning all! It has been a tough on plan week for me since I had to eat out a lot. I think I am going to skip weigh in today because I know it will just frustrate me!

I have been doing the Walk Away the Pounds one mile walk for several weeks and I switched to the 2 mile this morning. I did it without the weights, so I will have to work up to that. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think I will do the 2 mile on Sat and Sun and the one mile on weeknights when I have less time.

Have a great on plan weekend all!
Old 10-19-2002, 11:14 AM   #2  

Hi Marcie:
I had a tough week also, one of my own making though.
today I am not feeling well so I probably won't even attempt exercise. congrats on moving up your exercise.
diane
Old 10-19-2002, 12:20 PM   #3  

Diane-
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Take care,
Marcie
Old 10-20-2002, 09:19 AM   #4  

yikes! Last night, we went out to eat at Applebee's, and I made the best choice I could: santa fe chicken salad (the only one without FRIED chicken in it!), half portion, with lowfat ranch dressing, no sour cream, no guac. And I'm "up" two lbs today I also had some crackers. Hopefully I'll be able to lose this before my goal's up. I've been yo-yo-ing back and forth around 153, so it looks like I'll stick to my original goal.

Arrgh. I hate setbacks. They make me want to eat more I think if I can make it through today (Sunday, my hardest day) I will be able to stay OP for the next week.

Congrats to everyone staying OP It's tough to get out and exercise when it's getting colder outside. Does anyone have tips for the snowy months? I'm not sure what I'll do for exercise when they come along Tapes?
Old 10-20-2002, 10:02 AM   #5  

Diane told me away a series of tapes called Walk Away the Pounds and I LOVE them! I bought the DVDs online from best buy.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:52 AM   #6  

I just assumed they had the lo-fat blackened chicken salad with ff honey mustard at all Applebees. I guess from your experience that they don't. Something to watch out for.
Kathie
Old 10-20-2002, 05:07 PM   #7  

I was at applebee's a few weeks ago...they didnt have that at ours. Wish they did!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #8  

I was out of town this weekend and the Applebee's I went to had the low fat chicken salad, but the one in my hometown does not. I think I did pretty good being on the road this weekend, but I will see tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:59 PM   #9  

Hi all!

I've had a terrible week! I didn't stay OP for one day all week! Today i'm back and I haven't had anything I shouldn't so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. lol Someone saw me half dressed this morning and told me I look like i've put on some pounds! YIKES! I also didn't go weighed not one day last week, i'll go and face the music tomorrow.

Diane- hope you feel better!

Jibbelle- congrats on moving up to 2miles!

xYTx- sorry about the setbacks, congrats on trying to make a good food choice in the midst of great food! Maybe it's just water weight. So did you remain OP Sun? I'm having a hard time staying on path.

Lets keep our chin up ladies!lol

Kathy
184/?/130
Old 10-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #10  

Well, I wasn't OP yesterday either, but today I'm back on track. I realized winter is coming (with snow. Yuck!), so I bought a new workout video. I really like to dance, and the only dance workout tape at Target was Paula Abdul's Get Up and Dance. It's difficult to learn the steps the first time, and I couldn't make it all the way through the tape, but it was fun. I'm on the hunt for other dance tapes for the snowy months.

Kathy - we pick ourselves up and start again Hopefully we'll both stay OP today. Even though I had a lot of "bad" foods yesterday, they didn't make me feel as good as I thought they would. Being OP feels so much better than a momentary dessert... I just wish I could ALWAYS think that way Let's shoot for an op week
Old 10-21-2002, 02:56 PM   #11  

xYTx- YOUR ON! Ok, lets do it! (everyone join us, if your not OP) lets shoot for just one week at a time! One week to eat the right way. Your so right, being OP feels way better than a piece of pie or candy bar does. But when you want to get your "grub on" all that logic goes right out the window!lol

Kathy
Old 10-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #12  

Stayed OP! One day down, six to go. I even got in a half-hour walk and about half my workout video. I hope this lasts. I need a kick in the arse
Old 10-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #13  

Good morning all!

I have been lurking off and on for a couple months. I have been on LAWL for about two months. I have done okay, but the last couple weeks I had to be out of town and ate out a lot. I didn't make the best choices and the scale showed it. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. I am back on track now and moving forward.

This seems a positive place where we can support each other and help us pick up and start again when we falter.

- Hannah
Old 10-22-2002, 04:31 PM   #14  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi Hannah,
Glad to have you join our group. I've been on LAWL since the beginning of September, and this board has been great. Keep posting and keep reading, it really helps.

As for everyone else, great to see everyone is getting back on track & exercising. I've been traveling this week, so I haven't been exercising. I've stayed on program though at least. Made it to the twenty pound mark on Saturday & I feel fabulous! Have a great week.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:02 AM   #15  

Hello Ladies, I need help. This is the most frustrated that I have been since starting LA. I gained a couple pounds and it was all because I didn't have self control this weekend and ate sweets! Now I'm paying for it and am quite unhappy. In my head it is worse I am sure that what my body is, but I need encouragement. How do you ladies get back OP once you are off. How do you motivate yourself?
Closed Thread