Old 06-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Smile Stuck in a very, very, very long rut.

Hello ladies! I was hoping you could give me some tough love to help get me motivated again.

I started in April '07 at 224 lbs, and reached 169 lbs October '08 (I was taking it real slow lol). Then the holidays hit and I gained a little back and I can't seem to get going again. Right now I am teetering between 175-178 lbs. I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of making myself do it.

I just ordered a cute new swim suit which I am *hoping* will motivate me to get out and exercise more and watch my calories. I just get so down about the time I wasted that I could have been losing weight. There's nothing I can do to get that time back, but it's hard not to dwell on it. Ugh! *Kicks self in the butt* That's what I get for staying away from 3FC so long LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #2  
*Carrie*

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Wow, you and I have like the exact same story.. I started around 218 and I got myself all the way down to 179 in a pretty short time, and then when my fiance and I moved in together, it all went downhill and I gained all but 15 lbs back.. I'm so mad at myself and it makes me cry sometimes when I think about the time I wasted.. My wedding is coming up in 2.5 months and its like I'm starting all from scratch.. It makes me so upset to think that if I had lose more weight instead of putting it back on how amazing I could look.. Ugh..

So sorry I'm rambling on and on.. but I think that you and I could really help each other out with getting back into this whole thing.. I mean we really have similiar stories.. PM me if you want..

Keep your head up!!

~Carrie
wishful04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

if beating yourself was an effective strategy--we'd all be perfectly skinny Minnies by now--so sigh and move on.

Do you know why you stalled? You say it was holiday time--but what about the holidays made you go off plan?

Was it stress with relatives?

A loss of focus that you are worth whatever it takes to be slim and gorgeous and healthy?

Fatigue? (I worry about this one. It's a lot of work losing weight and I may just simply burn out)

To get your head turned around make a list of pros and cons for weight loss.

And welcome back!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

First, for maintaining with only a slight increase during that time! What an accomplishment! Obviously, you know what to do!

And - I remember you! Welcome back! We missed you!!!!

Now, dust off your plan, and put it back into practice. This time, PLAN for those holidays. This is a lifestyle change, and LIFE HAPPENS! You need to plan ahead for those bumps in the road along the way.

The past is behind you. It is a learning experience. NONE of us is perfect! Now, get moving!!!!

Post back with your progress. As you already mentioned - 3FC is a great accountability place!

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-21-2009 at 05:49 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

That's called maintenance, SockMonkey! And that's impressive.

Welcome back, by the way!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #6  
I have less blubber!

I think alot of it was the stress of being around relatives...And not being able to say no to my grandmother's cooking hehe. And a definite loss of focus.

I just got lazy. After the holidays I had only put on about 3 pounds, so I guess I told myself "Hey, eating like a pig might be OK for awhile." I got comfortable at that weight, so I started slipping into old habits. I have managed to stop the gain in recent months, but not turn it around.

So today I am rededicating myself to getting back on track. I have to kick the fast food habit I've slipped back into. I have to get outside more often and get active.

First mini-goal: I want to wear those new pants I have had since Christmas but just can't quite squeeze in to. I try them on every few weeks and they aren't getting tighter, but they don't fit yet either. But they will.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #7  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

Put a photo of the old you and the current you on the fridge to remind you to eat correctly.
Samantha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #8  
I have less blubber!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes I have missed you guys!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oh, and I forgot to say - I LOVE your new avatar picture. Your haircut is gorgeous!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #10  
I have less blubber!

Thank you *blush* It gets soooooo hot here in the summer...Had to cut it all off hehe.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girlie! long time, no see!

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back!

For me, motivation follows results; it very rarely comes down and lights on my shoulder while I am eating Doritos and watching TV, LOL. So start taking action; start moving and following your old food plan that made you such a successful loser (that sounds funny ). Then when you start to see results, you will start to feel motivated to continue on your plan.

Good luck! You know how to do it so it's time to get started today!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

sockmonkey70!

So glad to see you back, girl! Gosh, you can totally reverse that gain and get back down, and it won't take you nearly so long! You'll see!

Keep on truckin'!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi. It's great to hear from you.

All right so you got a little lax there. It happens to all of us. Good thing that you caught it now, before it got any further out of hand. Now is the time to kick it back up into high gear once. Start the planning this and the planning that. Start eliminating certain foods and behaviors and adding in the better foods and better behaviors. Once you get back into that groove again, you will be so thoroughly relieved and thrilled that you did. You'll be feeling all marvelous and slinky and sexy and fitting into those pants and that swim suit and anything else you want to ....... it's all good.

Welcome back chickie. I look forward to hearing about you being firmly back on track.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I am so impressed by both your weight loss and how great you were at maintaining - even at a time when you felt distracted from your good habits. Way to go! I am so inspired by women like you!!

No doubt, you can keep on going. I look forward to seeing you show me how it's done!!
FutureFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote