Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 10:33 AM   #1  

Hi all, me again. I was just thinking how nice it would be to make this section a little larger...there has to great things happening out there, and people need to hear them! Lots of people know my story, lost ninety one pounds and feel awesome. Went from 240 to 149, size 20 to a 8, but what about if we posted even "small" successes, such as buttoning a pair of jeans and can breathe at the same time! Or, walking by your reflection and had to do a double-take!
I will post a different type of success than I have in the past, here it goes...looking in the mirror and seeing light through my upper legs, used to meet at the knees! Sounds weird, but I know you all will understand! I will be watching for all of our successes, it is all so possible

BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 12-18-2000, 11:38 AM   #2  

This is a great topic. I've been pretty successful so far on WW. I've hesitated to post anything here because I'm not at my ultimate goal, but maybe my story can help someone along. I've been on WW almost 9 months and I've lost 84lbs. I'm hoping for my star for 85 this Wed. As I've lost the weight, I've had many small successes. I, too, am beginning to see some light between my thighs. I have a collar bone! I got on a swing with my 16 month old son. All of my clothes are too big and I'm just about out of the plus sizes. People I haven't seen in a while don't know who I am. Most importantly though, I have more confidence every day. I carry myself differently than I did when I was heavier. I just love this feeling. Good luck to everyone. I know that you can do it!

Ann K.
271.8/187.8/150

Yesterday I dared to struggle.
Today I dare to win.
-Bernadette Devlin
Old 12-18-2000, 08:13 PM   #3  

Good Morning Ann, congratulations on some great success! That feeling when someone you have not seen in awhile, does not recognize you is so much better than a bag of chips or cookies!
You have alot to feel proud of and cannot wait to hear from you at your goal!
I think I am there now, thought maybe I could/should lose nine more to bring the total to 100 pounds gone, but am finding that my body is staying at that 150 range.
All the successes you posted are inspiring and I hope everyone else agrees!
One more "success"...turning heads!

BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 12-19-2000, 12:47 AM   #4  

I always look at the success forum and wonder if anybody had any even if it was small. I get inspired when I read a person's success. When I read this, It got me thinking that I'm just as much at fault as the next guy for not posing my small success.

I had a baby girl September 7, 2000. I was already overweight when I got pregnant and was very scared of what might happen this time around (10 years ago I gained 50 pounds with my first child and still trying to lose it). I am happy to report that I gained only 30 pounds by eating healthy. I'm still eating healthy and so far I have lost all the baby weight.

I did not make anything of it until I started back to work last week and everyone complimented me for getting back to my old self so quick. But best of all my pre-pregnancy clothes fit.

Old 12-19-2000, 01:31 AM   #5  

Sandra Dee, that really is a success, good for you! I know all too well the whole pregnancy weight thing. Never did lose the pregnancy weight after my daughter was born, kept it all, adding to it the weight I gained with my second child.
It has got to feel good to be in you old clothes!

Another one of my successes....being able to cross my legs together, not just at the knees, but how the models do it! Pretty cool!

It is all so possible!
BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 12-19-2000, 07:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Ohhh, I'm so glad someone started this thread! All the little successes are what keep us going on the jouney! What a great idea to share them!

Personally, I lost 36 pounds and over the past month, gained about 8 of it back. Yesterday I hopped back on the horse and did my aerobics tape and ate well for the first time in weeks. I was pretty proud of myself, I'm determined to keep losing. I have about 120 more pounds to lose, but ya gotta start somewhere, right? (Goal is 140)

My little successes:
*When people say "your face is thinner, have you been losing weight?"
*Going up a flight of stairs without being out of breath by the time I get to the top
*More variety in clothes... can't wait till I'm outa the plus sizes!
*Learning to love yourself no matter what weight you are. This is most definately crucial. And the more weight I lose, I see how determined I am- I love having that trait!

Anyways, gotta get back to work. But just wanted to share that I think this thread is a great idea! Keep it up!

Michelle
Old 12-20-2000, 12:10 AM   #7  

Okay, I'll join in the discussion, although I've been hesitant to do so since I'm also not at my ultimate goal...

Ann K. - we're very close to the same position. I started about when you did, weighing about what you did, and have lost almost the same amount as you have (you're ahead of me by a bit).

I started last March and have lost 79.5 pounds as of today. My goal is to lose 100 (or more!) by my one-year anniversary. It's great to buy new clothes in "normal" sizes and to look in the mirror and feel confident, not like running and hiding!

This is such a wonderful forum... everyone gives me so much inspiration... keep it up and keep posting!

~Tanya

266.5/187/166.5
Old 12-20-2000, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

What a great thread. First, let me congratulate everyone on their successes!

Since late January I have lost 80 pounds, with another 30-40 to go.

Here are some of my little successes
* Fitting into size 14 jeans (haven't worn that size in over 11 years)
* Exercising today instead of talking myself out of it
* NOT buying candy today even though it looked so tempting
* The look on my family's face when they see me
* Inspiring some of my friends & coworkers to lose weight since they've seen my success

BlondeBlue, thanks again for starting this topic. I don't often think about the smaller successes, rather I focus on where I want to be. JenJen
Old 12-20-2000, 10:28 AM   #9  

First of all, let me say, that we are awesome! I think you all out there are doing well and it is just super! We do spend way too much time thinking about the "final"
goal...we need to stop and think about the postive changes we have made along the way!

Can I mention one more success....doing Tae-bo at midnight...only time to fit exercise in last night, after holiday preperation and caring for my two small children! Some may call it crazy, I call it dedication!

BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 12-22-2000, 03:44 AM   #10  

First of all..I too check out this forum alot hoping someone had posted. It always gives me inspiration and hope, nomatter how small the success may seem. So, this really has inspired me and thank you for starting it.I think I really needed it, especially this time of year.
I am almost hesitant to post my success because even though I am very proud of myself, I feel like it could have been better. I have worked hard, but know in my heart, I could have worked harder. But all in all, it's still my success, and this isn't the end of the story..I know I will reach my goal, it's just a matter of time. It's been a slow long road for me.

January 1st 2000 I began my weightloss journey, to date I have lost about 57 lbs. I have had many setbacks in my personal life this year, causing my weightlosses to stall. I can think if a thousand reasons of why I didn't lose more in 12 months but that is pointless. I feel 100 times better than I did at this time last year, and I know that this time next year, I will feel even better! That is what is keeping me going. I love myself for finally losing weight and sticking to it. I do. But I will be honest and say that am a bit envious of others who have lost alot more weight in the same time frame. Just being honest.
But as the saying goes, all good things will come to those who wait. I am 57 lbs lighter today than 1 year ago. That is an accomplishment in my eyes. So what if I didn't lose as fast or as much as others? I still did well and am going to continue to do well. (am talking myself into this, can you tell? haha)

Thank you for letting me share...and thank you for all of the wonderful inspiration that all of you have given me. I really do appreciate it. Now..am off to the gym! LOL

Jennifer
250/193/165
Old 12-28-2000, 06:33 AM   #11  

Can I play?

I went to the store today to return some pants that my husband bought me for Christmas because they were TOO BIG! That is an added bonus considering t'is the season to gain. Anyway, I exchanged the pants and bought three more pairs of nice quality dress slacks because I know I will be in them for a while. My goal is one more size down, and I can have them altered if necessary, but they will look okay even if they are a bit big.

Good idea for this thread. It reminds me to enjoy the journey not the destination.
Old 12-28-2000, 08:30 AM   #12  

How wonderful to find this topic!!! I haven't started my new woe yet (next week) but its wonderful to read everyones success stories, big and small, because it takes the small ones at one day at a time to reach the big ones and I have a nasty habit of always thinking of how far I have to go and sometimes it seems like just too much to handle but if I look at the small successes that will help me to get to goal. thanks again and good luck to all...

------------------
Terri
Old 12-28-2000, 09:21 AM   #13  

Congratulations to everyone who has been successful. Even if it is only a few pounds. It all adds up. I think this is agreat topic to keep us all motivated. Good luck to everyone.

------------------
I shall believe...
234/229/145
Old 12-28-2000, 11:08 AM   #14  

We are awesome! I have said it before and I am not afraid to say it again!

Linda, congratulations on your success, seeing the sizes get smaller and smaller is part of what kept me going! It is a great feeling and I am happy for you!

Terri, keep coming to this site and you will have the inspiration you need. When I started my diet and exercise "thing" a year ago(almost)was the first time ever I did not look at it like a need to lose over ninety pounds. Took it one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck.

Fresh, you are off on a great start, thanks for the post and hope to hear more from you in the future!

This time of year has been really difficult for me, I need to remember that even the naturally thin struggle over the Holidays, not to mention those like me who work at it, daily. Got to cut myself some slack!

We are awesome, and it is within ourselves!
BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 01-04-2001, 12:02 AM   #15  

Wow! This topic is great. I just got back from Christmas at my parents' place and am really excited to see the new replies.

I have lost 17.6 of 185 pounds. It used to sound intimidating when I typed or wrote the total amount that I need to lose but, when I read success stories, it doesn't sound quite so scary.

The number 17.6 is great but what is even better is that I stopped at my sister's place on the way home and tried on one of her new tops. She's nine years younger than me (I just turned 50)and has always been the smallest in the family, weight-wise. I don't have a clue what she weighs and I don't really have any concept of how our sizes compare but..... her new top fit me. That's the first time ever. I think that it was a bit looser on her but I'm not sure because I didn't get a look at myself in a mirror.

How about pants/slacks that are loose enough that don't make you feel like vomiting when you bend over? Yahoo! .... or finding that a chair that 'captured' you and wouldn't let you go when you were at an office last time is now much more friendly and doesn't do a trapping routine?

Isn't it great that we can celebrate these milestones? It's almost enough to make one
feel sorry for those people who have never struggled with weight.... I did say almost...
(I have never used a smilie before so I hope that this worked....)
Closed Thread