Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:20 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Tuesday sounds like a good day for getting committed!

Now is that to WW Or is that too a strait jacket?
just starting the thread gotta hit the showers and humanize and make a nice lunch!
MWAH!
Kierie
Old 10-29-2002, 07:31 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default whoopsie!

Looks like we were posting @ the same time ... I'm just too darn long-winded.

Good morning, Kier!
Old 10-29-2002, 07:56 AM   #3  
GO CANES!

YEAY!!!!! RECOMMIT!!!!!! (to lots of stuff maybe?)
Old 10-29-2002, 08:58 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

With my frame of mind this morning, someone really might commit me! I just got done taking 1/2 hour out of my day to let some total moron activate my new cell phone. She just kind of started my day out with a thud, you know?

Aaron is still sleeping (!) so I'm using the morning to get some things done around the house. I can go into work an hour later this morning, and I think it's worth it to let him get his sleep.

My WW commitment has sucked lately, so I'll recommit today. I just need to get it through my thick skull that I'm the only one who can make this work for me. I almost feel like I"m waiting for someone else to come along and do the hard parts for me, but that's not happening, of course. I can do this, and I will do this, so help me Diet Coke!

I hope everyone else has a wonderful OP day...Kier, you are so funny! I love it when you start the threads...it makes my day start with a giggle.

Question for all of you: What food is the easiest for you to slip up on WW and go nuts on? Mine is, without a doubt, french fries. I'm completely addicted to them. When I drive past McDonald's, I roll down the window so I can smell them. I make the baked ones at home all the time, which aren't bad at all, only 3 points for 3 oz, but they just kind of fuel the craving along. Let me know what you guys crave and potentially could mess up big time on, so I dont' feel so all alone here!

MWAH (here's a smoocheroo coming back at you, K!)
Old 10-29-2002, 09:05 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jayne.... PIZZA. Without a doubt. I hear everyone say they can eat just one piece with a salad and be satisfied. No way. Not even on my strongest day. I think the least amount I have ever ate is 2 slices, and not small ones either. I love the stuff. I make homemade a lot now and that helps. Speaking of which... we are having that tonight for Emma's B-day because she loves it so much. She calls is Peesa.

I am ok today. My baby is growing up. I just can't believe how big she is. 1 year ago she was half the size, 2 years ago she was 6 pounds 7 ounces and just a precious little bundle. Hoooo hummm....

Sorry I can't recommit with everyone, but I am committing to more exercise. Yesterday I went to the gym at lunch and did a light 30 minute workout. I have barely done anything since getting PG even tho I vowed I would be different this time. I am just so tired!

Guess I should get some work done and go to my meeting in a meeting. Boooo Hooooo....
Old 10-29-2002, 09:57 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Hi girls,

Looks like yesterday was a busy day in here. Sorry I missed out. Guess what? Great news! I lost 5lbs this week!! Yippee-now I'm going to keep it up some more Yesterday was a hard day ( as my Mondays always are) and I was soooo hungry that I used up all of my banked points. Do you think that doing massage counts as some activity? I mean on Mondays I give nine half hour treatments & it is soooo tiring. Do you think it counts for anything or not? Somehow I fell guilty if I count it because it is my job but on the other hand its the most treatments I ever do in one day & by the endI'm always starving. I don't know. Its a bit of a dilemma.

Jen, I love pizza too. That's what I ate last night to use up all of my banked points. Hope you guys have a fun b-day party. That cake looks so cute.

Debbie, your costume sounds cute!

Jihan, I am doing it at home but I find it hard to stay motivated sometimes (which is why this is like my millionth reccommitment), You could try it for awhile & if it doesn't work start going to meetings if you can afford it.

Kier, muah back atcha babe!

Anyway I'm off. I'll probably check in again before I'm off to work.

-Rina
Old 10-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - You CAN do this. If you have the strength to committ to a marriage and your son then you certainly are strong enough to committ to taking care of your health/weight. As far as redlight foods - I'm with both you and Jen - either french fries or pizza will do me in.

Jen - Happy B-day to Emma! I bet her cow cake will be just wonderful.

Rina - congrats on the 5lbs. Way to go! I work a 2nd job as a cashier in a sporting goods store - I'm on my feet moving and lifting a lot. I don't count those hours as activity points but I do make sure that on the days I work that 1) I eat all my points - no banking and 2) if I feel true physical hunger after my points are gone I eat my AP's (I normally earn 3-6 in a day but I never eat them).

Hi Kier, Deb and Jihan.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this but my grandparents are visiting me right now. Last night I had them, CB, my cousin and her dad over to dinner and served them all WW recipe foods. I didn't tell any of them that it is "diet" food and with the exception of my cousin's dad, they all loved it. So if you need a reasonable point meal WW meal: Italien Crockpot Chicken over pasta, steamed broccoli, carrot and raisin salad and Berry Dump Cake with FF cool whip for desert. I ate that dinner and only spent 10 points!

Must work now.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #8  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Redlight food

My redlight food would have to be ice cream. Either full fat, low fat, frozen yogurt, fat free ... etc, etc, etc - ice cream gets it for me! And brownies ... I forgot about those ...

Congrats, Rina! Woo-hoo!

That Berry Dump Cake sounds great. Is the recipe posted on our Yum-Yum thread?

Happy birthday to Emma! I had the same thoughts about Jeremy when he turned 1, how much he changed & grew. Sniff, sniff. What a bummer about trick or treating early. We have a curfew here and they won't sells eggs to anyone under 18 but the kids really look forward to trick or treating. Keep up working out. It's so good for you.

Hi Jayne! Little Aaron's body must still be working on adjusting to that hour difference. Lucky you!
You can do this. You would not have been given this challenge if you were not able to do this. We're here to help you!

I've got to get some work done since I'm leaving @ 2:30 PM anyway. I love my job sometimes.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:28 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Just a side note about the cake for Emma... I am making that for her party this weekend. We are having just family over because she is so young. Tonight we are having peesa and a plain cake (because hubby made me make one). And opening presents.

Laura, yah on dinner. What is the dump cake?? I heard of it but don't have a recipe. I am assuming it is good. I made the Christmas Eve dinner last year at the in-laws and made a Cooking Light Recipe, Chicken with wine and cream cheese sauce over rice, steamed carrots, salad (I think something else too), and for dessert, a spice bundt cake. Everyone was impressed, but that doesn't take much for them!!!

Rina... I don't count work as exercise, but I do use it to my advantage if I am working hard. Eat up those points and enjoy!!

I am going out to lunch with a friend. We haven't seen each other much in the last year, so she decided we needed lunch out every other week (her work schedule is crazy, so she schedules me in now). It is really nice.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:53 AM   #10  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:
2 cans Grands biscuits
1 cup sugar (sub splenda)
1/4 cup cinnamon
1 stick butter (sub ICBINB spray)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup brown sugar
Cut each biscuit in fourths and shake in bag with sugar/cinnamon mixture (save mixture for future use). Arrange in bundt pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil.

Melt butter and mix in brown sugar, bring to a boil and lower heat, cook approximately 2 minutes. Mix in nuts. Pour over biscuits, lifting edges and allowing mixture to reach bottom of pan. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serves: 8

I don't know the points or nutritional value for this, but it was AWESOME!!!!
Tastes just like French Toast (if not better) and it's such a warm, yummy smelling dish (w/ all that cinnamon).
Great for brunch or to bring as a housewarming dish.
We also tried it w/ a cream cheese frosting.

To make this low fat, I guess you can substitute Splenda for the sugar and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray for the butter.
I don't know how this would change the taste/outcome of the recipe.
Does anyone have Mastercook to figure out nutritional value and /or points???

Enjoy!

Last edited by The Little D; 10-29-2002 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:56 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default RAWR

Ok I'm flexing my commitment muscle
or trying too I just got into work and its the big bosses bday
her name Amazing Grace
so I had to go in
and my damage is 1 choc covered munchkin and one of those thin cookies that the size of a small plate with a flower design on it i think they're italian
Breakfast was a banana and a bagel
and lunch is my ff cheese and lf turkey ham on rye no condiments thanks to GFG
and prolly a wendys caesar side salad no dressing no croutons
dinner a lovely healthy choice dinner that was on sale last night at the store
Gotta figure out the points
I was goign to have dora the explorer teddy grams buttt I think my snack here took care of that
Oh and I have this fat free swiss miss cocoa has anyone tried it yet
i brought it to work in case the chocolate monster hit as the chocolate goddess is in the cube catycorner to mine
Jen! happy birthday to little emma take pics and lots of em and of the cake too
Jayne! I'm with the other chicks if you can recommit to your fam every day you can recommit to you!! and indeed WW you rock woman! we're going to kick some arse b/c we have too
Morning or almost afternoon my lil Long island neighbor!
Rina massage sounds like it could be equated with strength training
Laura your dinner sounds DIVINE
ok my weaknesses are any kind of pasta rice Toast with melty butter Pizza sometimes But what i crave most
Macaroni and cheese
oh its evil!
ooh I found an easier way to drink water I made herbal iced tea last night and am presently having peach and passionfruit tea
ok before i get caught
I will BBL!
Kier
Old 10-29-2002, 11:58 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

deb that sounds easy and decadent
it would be great for the cold mornings
Old 10-29-2002, 12:49 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Deb - I just put the Berry Dump Cake recipe in the recipe thread.

JenL - I hope you enjoyed lunch with your friend. I'm doing Girls lunch with a bunch of women from work tomorrow. I just love to go out with this group because we laugh so much.

Kier - I think I've lost my committment today. Can you help me find it?
I had oatmeal and an orange for breakfast which wasn't too bad but then I had the Spicy Chicken Ranch Salad (garden salad topped with egg, cheese, fried chicken, and taco seasoning flavored ranch dressing) for lunch and to top it off I've had 2 fun size Snickers bars (what was I thinking?). Now of course I'm stuffed - ugh! and I have a killer headache that I just can't shake. Would you like some cheese with your whine Laura? Oh cheese - that sound yummy.......

Back to work (insert long drawn out sigh here).
Old 10-29-2002, 12:55 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hey Laura - You know what the great thing about WW is? You can be OP the second after you weren't OP!
You can still salvage the day! Figure out the points for what you ate (and it may not be as bad as you "feel") and plan for the rest of the day. You can do it!
Old 10-29-2002, 01:00 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm with deb on this one Laura
have a small low points dinner
you probably didnt do as much damage as you thought
I think I'm gonna send you crystal light vibes Just to be different
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CRYSTAL LIGHT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bbl lunch bellows
Love
Kier
Closed Thread