Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #1  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Smile No Pressure

I just waned to share what is working for me.I always made time limits to get to certain goals.I didn't know it but that was pressure. Some people work better under pressure.But not me!I have to thank someone ,who read one of my posts,and said "Why do you have to fit in your jeans by a certain time?"Just whenever you do will be fine.And that is what helped. I used to feel defeated before I started. The scale is starting to finally go down. Also,I make small goals for the day that I know I can attain.For example my goal was 10 min of exercise each day for the week. That was attainable,and I even went past it.I think about one day at a time,and it is working out so much better.As
long as I try to do my best each day. There will be slip ups. But I don't worry about them so much any more.I also get weighed once to twice a week only!
I think it finally clicked ,on how to do this!
I wish everybody good days on their journey!:

Last edited by Tracy; 06-19-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Veggie dance for you! (With one fruit)

I like to think of a goal as being a direction to go in, not a precise endpoint.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #3  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Way to go! I like to think of it as I'm going to live this everyday, there's no hurry to get anywhere.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I need to grasp the mentality that we dont have to hurry. But its hard! I want results NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb One day at a time!

Some days you may want to run like the wind, and some days you might only muster up a slow crawl, but as long as you just keep going, you WILL get there!

I'm so glad you are committed to improve your health!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

You're so right, I still really fight the need to hurry - but i didn't get this way overnight, and it's going to take some time to get healthy.

Everyday I gradually come to terms with the fact that this is a long process and I need to just be nice to myself. I tried setting specific goals and targets but they have already passed and I have not met them. There is a little part of me that is disappointed, but for the most part, I know that I am doing my best and I also know how much better I feel. I am feeling so much more energetic, I don't need as much sleep and I wake up quicker in the morning. These are all positive things that I didn't even think to set "goals" for.

I think with this journey, you have to just look for the good in everything. It sounds like you're pretty hip to everything now - good luck and a big YAY for your positive attitude!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote