Old 06-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat - Friday 6/19

Happy FRIDAY!!

Hope everyone has had a great week so far!! I've been sooooo busy! Work is gobbling up all my time, unfortunately, but hopefully next week is better and will allott me some time to actually exercise.

So this week, my exercise plan bit the dust.....
But instead of stressing out about it, I'm just gonna put it behind me and focus on getting some of it in today and this weekend!

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? We're having a cookout on Sunday for Father's Day. Saturday is going to be me catching up on housework (yippee, not!) and spending some much needed time with my kiddos.

Welcome to SeattleMom....I noticed your posting at the end of yesterday's thread, so I thought I'd welcome you here!!!

Make it a great day, ladies...and remember...."Home run hitters strike out a lot" - Reggie Jackson
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin All!

The sun is out here!! I'm soo excited, it seems like it's been soo long!! Have a picnic at school today, hopefully the sun stays out!

Hoping my cousin will get back to me today and be able to fix my laptop!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #3  

Mornin' everyone. Kimiko- just remember that working out is only 20% of the equation. Just keep eating well and you can still see some progress on weeks you can't work out.

Now, if I had taken my own advice YESTERDAY. Sigh. It was my littlest daughter's birthday and I indulged a little. Not badly though- a cookie and a few bites of cake. I just have to remember that in the past I'd have wolfed down that whole piece without a second thought.

I'm off to the gym in a few minutes because I've finally realized that if I don't go in the morning, SOMETHING will always happen in my day to keep me from working out- even if that something is just my own procrastination.

Hope everyone has a great day!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #4  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

I'm having a pretty great week! I've stuck to my workout and eating plans and I'm so happy about it. I did my weights already this morning and I'm going to do some karate before breakfast. It should be nice, cool-ish, and sunny today so I'm planning on taking my daughter to the zoo. If I don't get an extra walk in later today that will be fine. I'm also looking forward to a long yoga session tonight

Hope everyone has a great day!
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Hey Bigknitter....which part of Utah are you in? I grew up in Bountiful (family still lives there!) I lived in Utah until I was about 25, then I moved out here to Florida, but we go back to Utah every year so I can catch up with friends and family.
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #6  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

I'm in West Valley I've lived a few places here though, Manti, Vernal, Tooele, and I spent quite a few years in downtown SLC and Sugarhouse. Bountiful is nice, I used to have in-laws there.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Just thought I'd jump right in here. I'm new (recycled, was here several years ago) and always love the support.

Had a pretty good week after we got home from vacation on Tuesday. I totally blew it all during our vacation. We did a lot of walking at the Big Mall and I had our 6wk old in the Moby Wrap so I used all of that movement as an excuse to eat a ton of junk food and seconds on something I didn't really like.

I've been focusing this week on not eating things I don't like. I have a tendency to just go ahead and eat even if it's not all that good. When we were on vacation I ordered a Spinach and Broccoli Calozone at the mall. It was about 2:00 so this thing was hard as a rock and had no cheese left in it. Even though it cost $5 I threw it away instead of eating it just because it was Off Plan food.

Today I'm taking our kids to the store to get a present for DH for fathers day. He's a simple dude, so it's pretty easy. Think I will grill some steaks for Sunday lunch and that's about it.

Glad to be here! Hope you all have a nice weekend,
Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Good morning!! My goal today is to stay on plan with my diet. I am going to lose the last of my weight. I keep saying/writing this and then eating whatever I want. I'm exercising so I am maintaining, but I have to get control of the food demons.

hubby is gone fishing and so I am planning a bbq chicken dinner with salad for me and the kiddos. I usually eat poorly when I am in charge of the food planning. He is a health nut so it's easier to stay on track when he cooks or gives input on dinner. Also, the cookies are outa here so I think I will be all good today. Thanks for listening to my little self pep talk.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 363/363/199

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. I introduced myself in yesterdays thread. Im promising to wake up each morning with my health in the front of my mind. Wake up thinking aobut good food choices for today and about where I can schedule in some activity. Today is day 2 of my quest for feeling better. Day one was good... lets see what today will bring.
Seattle Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #10  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon everyone.

I've been stressing. Trying to figure out how in the heck people can afford to work and put 2 kids in a Child Care facility who don't make at least $100K a year!

I just don't know what I'm gonna do yet.

I know that I just have to give it to God and he will tell me what to do next.

I have been a bad girl this week not been able to work out.
I'm going tonight! I am gonna join in on the Boot Camp class they have at my gym. It just kinda sucks cause all the classes are either during the day (hello! not all of us are SAHM!) or they start at 6 and I don't get off until 5 and it is an hour drive home. I prefer to eat dinner when I get home at 6 and then wait an hour before working out (so I get my protein & have enough time to let my tumm settle). So this no workey for me!

Enough about my problems! How is everyone this beautiful Friday?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #11  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm a year older today! I had a small cup of ice cream (no bowls!) at a mini-celebration today after lunch. I couldn't weigh, but I'm planning on overestimating, and I had the points for it.

After all my worry about my WI this morning it went great! 216.2, which is a loss of 1.4, and I still feel all bloaty form TOM. I know it'll slow down after a few weeks, but I do love the beginning of a new plan! My jeans no longer feel like sausage casings around my thighs, so THAT'S good!

I can't wait until I'm allowed to have a signature! I have all my mini-goals worked out and I want to put them up!

I hope everyone had/has a good day today and an EXCELLENT weekend!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #12  

HI ALL!!! I can just do a quicky today! Have plans for Martinis with the girls but it got postponed until next week. I am going to Rib Fest tomorrow with our crew. Bella is having a sleepover tonight. Just plain old busy! I hope everyone is doing great! I had my official weigh in today and am down a pound. Not much but Ill take it. I am weighing in once a week now. It's not much but I'll take it!

Have a Great Weekend Folks if I don't get back on to say HI!!!

Laurie

Workout Song of the Day: Thriller by Michael Jackson...he may be a skanky pedophile but da boy can sing!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote