Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'8"

Red face Newbie

Hi out there,
I have partially started Fat Smash today. I am having trouble not having "bread". I feel like this is going to be a tough 9 days. Any suggestions?

Thanks
BeckW
BeckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #2  

Hi Becky;

My advice, just follow this, and tell yourself, it is only 9 days. Just think, in 9 days you can continue eating poorly, and then put on your jeans and see how they are tighter than ever, or just follow this plan, and in 9 days, put those jeans on and see how they fit you better than ever! I did fat smash last summer, and lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I kept the weight off for a very long time, but unfortunately gained it back and then some. NOT because Fat Smash doesn't work, but because I just totally stopped working out and began eating really really bad again. I am starting Fat Smash tomorrow, and going to follow my own advice! I was a carb-a-holic, believe me! I know how hard it is. In a few days, you will feel better, and in a short period of time, you won't even miss things like sweets, etc.

Good luck to us both!
G
Summer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Smile You Can Do It!

Hi BeckW,

I am on day 5 of the diet and I felt the same way you are feeling my first day. My thing is sweets. After the second day it gets better believe me. Yesterday all those cravings and "hunger pains" as I like to call them were gone.. I was like, wow... its working. Today I wore a pair of pants that I wore on Monday and they fit a bit loser. Anyway, I was like WOW, it just made my day. So all those sacrifices WILL pay off. You'll feel better, look more beautiful and your confidence will sky rocket. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

God bless and good luck!!!

~suga
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Make sure to eat your brown rice, oatmeal, and maybe a sweet potato. They are healthy carbohydrate foods and will help satisfy you. Also, this is fresh produce season...the berries are wonderful! I've been eating strawberries and blueberries every day with yogurt and am more than satisfied.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  

I'm a newbie also and thought breads would be my downfall. BUT....I keep telling myself it's only 9 days. Now today is my first day. I tried on Friday of last week, and didn't do too well, but I ate a lot more fruits and vegetables and drank tons of water. I want to put on my jeans and get even more pumped and excited to continue doing this and go back to Phase I if need be. I just need to get my rear in gear and move it.
These posts are so helpful! Thank you everyone for helping out the new people.
LisaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

LisaSue and Becky - you are allowed all the fruit you want, so go ahead and eat fruit. It will help satisfy your craving for sweet tastes. Most fruits are full of water too and will help flush your system out. I'm eating my lunch as I write this - spinach with strawberries and fat free poppyseed dressing. It's delicious and all that raw spinach is a lot of chewing, so it lasts awhile. Nuts are allowed as a snack, so I toss on a few sliced almonds too.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote