Old 06-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Daily Devotion ~ Tuesday

"First Things First "

June 16, 2009

Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Jeremiah 2:32a

According to the prophet Jeremiah, girls don't forget their jewelry and brides don't forget their wedding dresses.

Now, a few thousand years later, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, we have finally found an exception to those rules.

That's right. Georgette Clemons forgot her wedding dress!

No, she didn't forget her dress at home or in a motel room. Georgette isn't that absent-minded. On the contrary, she's the kind of lady who keeps her wits about her. A few weeks ago, when she saw a house on fire, she forgot she was still wearing her wedding dress and ran into the house to warn the family.

That's right; Georgette forgot about her wedding dress, her personal safety, and put the Eitelberg family first. The Eitelbergs are alive because Georgette thought their lives were more important than a wedding dress.

Jeremiah would probably be amazed to hear of a bride who didn't forget her priorities.

It's sort of like Jesus.

Sunday school 101 told us about the Redeemer whose priorities put others first. Jesus put aside His place in heaven and came down to earth to be One of us. True Man and true God, Jesus left the adoration of the angels and the perfection of paradise, so He might take our place under the Law; so He might resist temptation, so He might conquer death and save us.

For Jesus, we were the highest of priorities.

After Georgette saved that family, she was asked, "Are you all right? Any damages?" She replied that she had messed up her shoes, but then quickly added, "messed up shoes are no big deal because everyone is safe."

Some lucky man has just married a girl who has the right priorities.

And we have been blessed with a Savior whose palms bear the scars of nails. It's a price He was willing to pay to make sure everyone could be safe for eternity.

THE PRAYER: Dear Lord Jesus, I give thanks that You made saving humanity Your most important work. Now may I, with single-minded loyalty, follow You. Further, I ask that the Holy Spirit help me keep my priorities in order. In Your Name. Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Gary
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote