Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 232/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Feeling out of control

I'm not sure if I'm a binge eater as much as I am a slave to cravings. If anything triggers a craving (like just seeing a picture of chocolate!) I HAVE to have that. I get irritable and grouchy until I get what my stomach wants.

I'm not sure how to actually fight against those mood swings since they happen almost daily and I do not have self-control.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? If so, what do you do when the cravings control you?
Bridgeosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #2  

Unhappy

I totally know what you mean. The last month has been a daily struggle with my cravings (mostly for sweets) and losing the battle most days! It is so frustrating and makes me so upset with myself.
mimi2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

This used to happen to me a lot when I first started and unfortunately, you just have to have strong will power. I found that when I resisted the food, the craving went away within an hour or so, but when I gave in, I would end up craving that food again the next day or the next week.

Another thing I noticed is that when I eat too many processed, sugary foods like 100 cal. packs, granola bars, fiber bars, etc. I had cravings all the time, so I completely eliminated the low cal sugary snacks from my diet for one month. It did the trick. Now I can have them every once in a while without going into super craving mode!

Good luck and be strong!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I do things to keep myself busy and my mind off the food.

A lot of times if you wait at least 15 minutes a craving goes away. Try drinking some water and doing your best to ignore it
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #5  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 232/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, when I am keeping busy I usually can very easily ignore "hunger" pains or cravings. I just wish I could find more things to do!
Bridgeosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #6  

The more you can scoot your food plan into a healthy thing, the more your cravings will subside. 3FC has so much info on good food plans. Cravings can be really physical, but once you break the cycle of crud you will be amazed that the cravings are not there. Oh- they may be trying to sneak in, but not that uncontrollable, gotta have it now stuff,
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

That was happening to me the past couple weeks with DQ blizzards. I know they're horrible! I know what you mean about the cravings. I saw a commerical for the latest blizzard and just had to have it. Luckily, after I got it, most of it was melted and almost impossible to eat. But yeah, once you start eating healthy stuff the cravings should lessen for the most part. I have been eating healthier the past few days and I feel like those cravings I had are totally gone. (for now at least) Like tommy said, they are not like "I gotta have it now" thankfully.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #8  

My program tells me I have a disease, so when I have cravings it's the disease talking. Left on my own will power which I have none when it comes to food I will give into the cravings. So what do I do when they come and yes they still do, I ask my HP to remove them and then occupy my mind with something else. Each time they come I ask to have them removed and occupy my mind with something else, this eventually will work but lots of times it takes more than one asking.

Why does it take more than one asking, because I have a cunning, baffling, powerful disease and I lived in it for many years and asking HP for help wasn't one of the things that I did while in the disease so it takes practice to do it. The more I practice the easier it becomes.

I hope this helps.
hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #9  

What really my cravings is a list of thing i keep in my room that get my mind off of the food and on something else. I always have a book ready and I also grab a bottle of water to keep my tummy satisfied. It doesn't always help but I have found its better than nothing.
rachygreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #10  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

lol this sounds like me and believe me you dont wanna be next to me when i want something i know i cant have...lol my weakness is fried chicken and ice cream .. well anyways when the craving start i make it a point to get the next best thing grilled chicken with a killer seasoning and i found that eating frozen cool whip is a great ice cream subsitute... hey nothing will ever be as good as the original but by eating the second best works for me ...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #11  
Graceful Loser

Tiara - I do the same thing with cool whip! Im actually a low fat Reddi(sp?)Whip fan. It's such a great craving relief. It's also scrumptious on Yoplait light!
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote