South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default I acheived the impossible!

I just spent 4 days on a low budget vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC and did not come off SB plan even one time!!!!!! To make the low budget and all seafood is fried issue even more complicated...we were with friends that wanted to eat at all you can eat buffets all the time. At one meal, they had the saddest salad bar you've ever seen and all you can eat of fried seafood! We ate a lot of shrimp cocktail without the sauce...texas peat instead

I think I am actually smaller after vacation...all that walking on the beach and drinking tons of water because of the heat! DH and I both felt better on this vacation that we EVER have!!! It was a real eye opener for both of us!

Now I know I can vacation just about anywhere and stay on plan. Did I mention we were broke on this trip So of course there are places with grilled cold water seafood and steamed veggies.....but we had sad salad bars and old fried seafood......we MADE IT and were HAPPY!!!!
macsmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations, Macsmom! I think one of the eye-openers for me was that there was so much to enjoy on vacation when I wasn't focusing on food as the star of the show! So glad you had such a wonderful time--and am jealous...I'd be thrilled to eat shoe leather if I could just be near the beach for even an hour!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Congrats! Sounds like you had a bunch of fun!
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

WTG! I think that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! I always always cheat on vacas... I think you are an inspiration! I am going to try to stay OP on our vacation at the end of the month!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow that's great! What an accomplishment. I bet it feels great knowing you really could do it
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations! I don't know if I could be so good on vacation. If you can be OP then, you can do it anytime.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

It did take a lot of power away from food. To realize I may not be eating what I'd love to eat - but I would still be full and satisfied and have balance blood sugar and energy and all the things that help me REALLY feel good. I knowthat on vacation with DH, where other family's food wants aren't and issue I could LOVE MY FOOD and enjoy vacations too. There are plenty of places where you can get grilled meats and steamed or grilled veggies. I survived on fried food buffets. That really gave me the power and took it away from my food. It feels great to come home from vacation and not feel like I have to be "extra good" to make up for my eating while away.

Thanks for the encoragement - dh just doesn't seem to get the significance.
macsmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good for you, macsmom. DHs never do get lots of stuff. They think a different way from us.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote