Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #1  
Sheri

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi I'm new, but was here a long time ago too.

Hi, all, I am back here after a few years. I lost 100 lbs a while ago, and last year unexpectedly got pregnant. I was on bedrest a lot of the pregnancy because of complications, and gained nearly all of my weight back, so I am back again to lose it.

I have a little 11 week old at home (not b/f'ing so no worries there about nutrition, but also not burning those crazy calories) and am going back to work on the 22nd (dad is going to be a SAHD) so I would love to hear from anyone who has to juggle exercising with not getting enough sleep with a little one who never seems to sleep more than 3 hours.

Not getting enough sleep is seriously hurting my exercise, which I really want to do, but feel like I'm too tired to even sit up straight sometimes! I also often feel too exhausted to stand in the kitchen and cook anything, or even go the the store, and hubby is SO not going to do it. Anyone that has any advice I'd love to hear it. The sleep thing is my biggest obstacle right now!

So, hi all! I'm glad to be back! There's so may positive people on here that I am looking forward to talking to everyone and all of us helping each other be successful!
EyeSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back and congratulations on the new baby!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations on the little one!

11 weeks--oh my. I remember those early days of our first like a big fog. Mostly I remember crying, sitting and feeding the baby, and making supper. And that would be a good day!

Before you go back to work--can you batch cook and freeze a bunch of meals? Even if it's lasagna and meatloaf--it'll be better for you than eating out. Cooking at home is huge--there's no point sacrificing sleep for exercise if you're going to be eating out. Besides, I bet you'd rather save the money.

Have you looked into "Baby and me" exercise type things in your area? There might be something you can do on your schedule.

Sleep, though is a part of weight loss. There's been lots of studies showing that lack of sleep can lead to weight gain--so don't worry about catching up on your sleep! It's important.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome back!

I think baby steps are your key right now. Controlling your diet should be top priority and then work in your exercise once you have a handle on that. Take walks with baby in a sling... stuff like that is great for now when you have a wee wee one
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/T/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome back! My second child is almost 10 months ago, and has been a nonsleeper since birth (She still wakes up like she did the day we brought her home). She is also a high needs baby. So... I am completely with you on finding the energy to exercise. For me, I absolutely cannot get up and do it first thing in the morning after waking up 1/2 a dozen times during the night. So, on the days that I am not working, I try do it either while she and my 3 year old are rarely napping at the same time(we have a Wii and just recently got EA Active game which is great!), or we go for a walk together in the evening. Or, if I have the energy, whenever my husband gets home from work I'll go walk on our treadmill. It isn't what I wish I could be doing, but in the real world at this point in our lives it is the best that I can do.

After some soul searching, I've decided that more than anything in order for me to maintain my eating plan, the little exercise that I do, and be a good mother that I just can't sacrifice the little sleep I get. If I really pushed the exercise right now (while running on so little sleep), then it would all fall apart.

Last edited by Momto2Ms; 06-15-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Momto2Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back!!!

I would too really just focus on my eating plan. You are getting minimal exercise already by getting up and doing things around the house plus whatever you'll be doing at work.

I have 3 kids....in order for me to do anything after the first one I used a sling a lot They were comfy and slept a lot more so I could get things done. In addition to baby and me classes they have lots of baby & me exercise dvds!

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 06-15-2009 at 09:02 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

A new baby, how exciting! Congratulations to you and your family. I agree with everyone here. Take it slow and focus on diet. Exercise will come as you are able to seep more and the baby moves into a schedule. For now, just focus on your eating plan and drinking plenty of water.

I lost 100 here a few years ago too. An alcoholic and abusive relationship helped me to gain wait back, so here I am again. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey. Congrats for doing it again and not settling
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #8  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back!

Small changes will make the big shifts easier. Just remember that the key is consistency.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the wee bundle. I couldn't imagine even thinking about exercising when my daughter was that old. I think I was still trying to figure out if I could lend her the gypsies for awhile (I hear you on that high needs child Momto2Ms). Congrats though on rededicating so quickly after the baby. I would totally worry about the eating too, too much can be overwhelming and god knows babies are all on their own.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote