Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'6"

Default B12 Injections?

Hi, I have just started on my journey to a new skinnier me. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Anyway, I was reading about b12 shots online and how they help with energy which I believe a lot of us need. Anyway, there is a website that you can actually buy b12 shots from and it's called ************. Many women swear by this stuff. They even have ones with lipotropics which is basically stuff that "burns fat". This was my understanding anyway. I just wanted to know if anyone here has ever given this a try. Or maybe just your opinions on this.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 03-24-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: changed title and removed link
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

(Thanks to Ruth for fixing the thread)
If you search the forum for b12 shots, you should see other similar threads which basically indicate b12 shots are part of many weight loss 'scams'. B12 is an essential vitamin and for those that are deficient in it, b12 shots are sometimes recommended although sub lingual capsules are also just as effective. B vitamins will improve your mood but there is no proof of weight loss links to B12 or other b vitamins.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

My mom took B12 injections for awhile, she had a deficiency though, they did up her energy quite a bit but the sublingual worked pretty good to. they good help you fell more energetic so you feel like moving more during the day which can result in a few more calories being burned.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

And I should've said sub lingual can be just as effective. If you don't have a deficiency though, they do nothing. I get my B12 (and other vitamin levels) checked on a yearly basis. I also take a multi vitamin supplement that has b12.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #5  

They're costly and don't work, I'd avoid them. If you eat right, you'll get your B12!
Camarogirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't know my friend's sister would get B12 shots and lost a lot of weight- BUT it's extremely costly- she went a few times a week I believe to wherever you go to get the injections.

I hate to say it but though she HAS lost weight- I am very sure will gain it all back as she hasn't changed her eating habits one bit and still eats out at least once a day.

I wouldn't waste the money- I almost caught myself buying something the other day and I was like what am I doing? I don't need this stuff that probably doesn't work- I am going to do it on my own!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #7  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

try to eat more protein, maybe protein shakes, this will provide you an ongoing boost all day. I always had a problem dragging around and this has helped.

If that does not help you may want to get your blood sugar checked.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #8  
... fabulous!

I got B12 shots for a couple months while seeing a diet doc and they did nothing. A little extra energy maybe but nothing that you can't get from taking regular old vitamins and eating properly.

I'd say to invest your money elsewhere.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/249/135

Height: 5'4

Yea I took them a few times and saw no difference other than it was costly and it hurt like ****
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

I take a B-Complex almost everyday and I do notice I have more energy when I do. I don't know if I'd want to take it as a shot, but B-Complex have all the B-Vitamins and the brand I buy has them in super-high qtys! Maybe I'd take it if I was flying and want to avoid Jet Lag, but I think the pill form is just fine.

Side note: Drank too much? If you don't want to regret it the next morning, take a B-Complex & a glass of water before you go to bed (or pass out)! Seriously! You won't have a hangover!!!! Or if you drank yourself sick, then you will at least not feel as bad!!! My boyfriend's best friend is a chemist and told us this little trick and it works wonders!!! I'm not much of a drinker but sometimes I have some in my purse and if I see a super sloshed friend, that I know will be in pain the next day, I make them take one and tell them to drink lots of water! Cuz alcohol depletes your body of a few (water soluble) B vitamins and that plus the dehydration =hangover! Well and possibly lack of sleep, but with water & the B-vitamin you've covered 2/3rds of the problem!
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote