Old 06-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Here we go! Driving across the country with 2 kids!

I'm going to start this so I have a place to check in as my internet will be spotty at best and I don't know where/when I'll be able to read my 3fc for motivation. At least if I know I'm accountable somewhere I won't go totally off plan.

I've been living out of a hotel since Wednesday and the house is all packed out. Despite getting pizza for the movers 3 days in a row (and eating probably a bit too much) my weight has held steady this week. I'm happy about not gaining. I'll do better once we're on the road and don't have other people to feed .

Our plan is to head out Monday morning for NYC to see husband's sister. I'm excited to see her and her hubby, I like them a lot . I'm sure there will be a little wine drinking but I can handle that as long as I stay on track the rest of the day.

I'm holding steady at 191 and my only goal is to hit 189 by the time we reach Cali in 2-3 weeks. I can't be too ambitious we've got a lot going on! I did pack the scale in the car with me to keep me on track LOL.

ETA in my eternal boredom today, the baby and I walked down to the Navy Exchange and I tried on clothes. I was thrilled to see I fit comfortably in a Hilfiger 14 (probably could have done a 12) and a Medium top! I bought the top I was so happy about it LOL.

Last edited by ValRock; 06-13-2009 at 05:59 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good luck on your trip ! Try and get out and walk as much as you can. It sounds like you are having a great adventure.Especially if you are going from Maryland to California by way of New York !
Congratulations on losing 66 pounds !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #3  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

Have fun on your trip! My husband and I are also planning a road trip at the end of the summer and I want to have fun, but not gain a lot of weight back in the process. I'll be interested to see how you do. I think the hardest thing for me will be being out of a routine. Good luck with everything!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Good luck on your trip ! Try and get out and walk as much as you can. It sounds like you are having a great adventure.Especially if you are going from Maryland to California by way of New York !
Congratulations on losing 66 pounds !
It'll be an adventure, that's for sure! We're going by way of NYC, Vermont, Niagara Falls, and Arizona! We move to Japan in November so there are some people I need to say some goodbyes to before then . Walking is definitely on the schedule. I'm sure it'll be welcome after a long day of sitting in the car. Going to try and book hotels with pools and fit some laps in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
Have fun on your trip! My husband and I are also planning a road trip at the end of the summer and I want to have fun, but not gain a lot of weight back in the process. I'll be interested to see how you do. I think the hardest thing for me will be being out of a routine. Good luck with everything!
I'm interested to see how I'll do too LOL. Routine is the only way I've been able to do this so having everything all thrown of kilter makes it hard! I hope I can keep at it and not break down and take the easy fast food way out! Husband is on board so hopefully he stays on board. We plan to hit the grocery store up instead of McDonalds for meals.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

Well I guess I've already met my goal LOL maybe I'll move it down 2 more lbs. This morning the scale said 189!!! I even moved it around and reweighed 3 times but it wasn't changing it's mind. Yay . Maybe all that packing and moving and stressing burned off all the pizza haha

Doing laundry now and we hit the road in the morning! AHHH
Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

yay! good for you have fun and good luck!! <3
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #7  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Wishing you all the best in your travels. Hope you all are safe and nothing goes wrong on your trip.

Take care!!
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

I'm glad that's over!! I'm here in Cali and after a huge roadtrip, staying with the parents (mom is an awesome cook but she LOVES her butter lol) and a trip to Disneyland I'm finally all settled in.

Still at 189! I'll take it! Time for the lbs to start coming off again, though .

Glad to be back and happy to be in the California sun!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Drive safe Take breaks to walk around and do lots of stretches!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote