Old 06-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/227/125

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hello Ladies~

And dudes also of course!

I just joined today.
I need a supportive community. I am switching gears from a Low Carb lifestyle to a whole foods one.

It's cool to see we "40 somethings" have our own spot here! I love that. (I am 45).

Basically I am doing fair, I just decided I need to shake things up again and am changing my WOE.

I am thinking about Schwarzbein (really love that book) or "You on a Diet". Recently got that one.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

have gained a little from the switch over but not worried as I know it's water (glycogen stores filling up again) and I have been tracking calories in Fitday.

I have lost 30# so far.

I feel very good. Actually on my walk this morning I felt VERY, good. I don't remember having that much energy in months (have been low carb since Jan.).

I just need to find a balance.
So glad to be here!

Last edited by NoWallFlower; 06-14-2009 at 09:27 AM.
NoWallFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #2  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! This is a great place for support and inspiration. Join us in the June chat thread. It's a great group with lots of great ideas! Congrats on your loss so far!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #3  

Default My first day

Hello:

I just joined today also!!! I lost a great deal of weight on the Michael Thurmond Body Makeover a couple of years ago and I think I'm going to give it another try.
dmpineville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome NoWallFlower & DMPineville! It's great to have new members! Just jump right in!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Heya and welcome

lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/227/125

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you everyone!

Hi DMPineville

It's cool to be here, this site is fantastic.
NoWallFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #7  

Hi guys - I've just joined today, too. I feel like a bit of a fraud as I don't have that much to lose.

But I'm so sick to death of myself and my procrastinating and my lack of self control that I thought a friendly forum like yourselves might help me keep on track.

Of course, while I'm not losing the pounds off my bum I AM losing the pounds out of my wallet with all the rubbish food and takeaways I buy.

I live alone (which I absolutely LOVE), but it means I don't have any checks and balances and can basically subscribe to the "if no-one sees me eat it, it didn't happen" policy!

Look forward to getting to know you all. (Must stop looking at the "Lose 18LBS in 4 days" link - I know it's rubbish but I would so love a quick fix)
Nelinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

howdy wall, lucky, pine, and nelinuk! welcome aboard! Jump into the chat and everywhere else - you'll find all sorts of help, support, and when needed - a little tough love!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote