Old 06-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Angry I Just Don't Get This...

As we all know, I gained back 40-45 pounds back from when I lost 80 pounds in 2007. My inches around my body is pretty much the same as before weight loss. I just don't understand why I can wear my skinny clothes still. They don't look as good. You can see more rolls than I used to but I can still wear them (except the things that were borderline to tight when I bought them). Although I choose not to wear them because they don't give me the same "I'm skinny high" that I would usually get proudly donning them. I have tight 18s I can wear yet I can wear the only pair of 26s(sans belt) that I kept. When I was cleaning, I picked up some clearance shorts I grabbed in size 16 or 14. They were tight then and something I wouldn't dare wear in public. I tried them on today just to see how much they wouldn't even zip or anything.

They fit. Not well at all. Probably tighter than they were in 2007 but I could zip them up and everything. I guess it's just frustrating cause I would think that if my measurements are still similar to my starting weight, why do these fit? Did the fat come back on my body and is "laying" different? I don't know. This is boggling my mind. It's still my same body shape. That didn't change. Although I still see saggy skin left over from 2007. Not as much in certain areas, like my tummy (that was like saggy skin central).

Last edited by Daimere; 06-13-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Are you still exercising? That could have something to do with it.

I know back in the early 90s I joined a gym and worked out for at least an hour every single day, both cardio and weights. I dropped two dress sizes but only lost three pounds.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I would agree that exercise has something to do with it.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

No, not really. Almost every month this year, I do a week of lots of exercise and then, stop. I finally lost an inch in the last month but the previous months I gained or stayed the same.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

The only time I've had that happen it was because I wore clothes that were a bit too tight and kinda stretched them out so they fit longer than they normally would have. If tried on that original item in the store it would have never come home with me. But who knows, our bodies are wonderful and mysterious creatures.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote