South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter on The Beach

Good morning. Once again it looks like we are going to have rain but I'm crossing my fingers that it holds off. Yesterday ended up as a lovely day despite dire predictions. Wrong again!

I feel a lot perkier than yesterday and want to get at more garden jobs today. Yesterday I ended up talking on the phone most of the morning and then went to town to meet a friend for lunch and do some niggly shopping. My BBQ is now fixed and I did it without any male intervention.

If it rains today, I have some posters to print and a newsletter for the pet therapy group to crank out so it should be a fruitful day.

How does your weekend look?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! I hope your weather holds today so you can enjoy two sunny days in a row. We've had the threat of storms hovering over us, but yesterday turned out quite delightful, and today is looking good so far. I enjoyed my first cup of coffee out on the sunporch with Jake, discussing today's must-dos.

Jake is getting pretty disgusted with how the rain is affecting the pool water. Right now the water is a lovely lime green, and he's been working laborously to try to get it to clear up. He's going to take a sample in to the pool experts today to see what else he can do for it. The poor grandkids and Audrey and Maggie have been anxiously waiting to go swimming.

But first on the agenda for the day is breakfast at Manhattan Bagels before doing a big shopping at Trader Joe's. Don't worry, I'll make mine a whole wheat with lowfat veggie cream cheese.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Monring!

We had bad weather last night. Our power went out at 8:30 and came back on some time in the middle of the night. I had to wonder around the house and turn off lights. There is a 40 percent chance of bad weather today. My SIL has a pool party planned for her kid's birthday today. Hopefully the weather will hold off.

Two Great Pyrenees dogs showed up at our house last night. They are nice dogs. Hopefully, they have a home, but mostly likely, they are dropped off. That is one of the downsides of living in the country. Every dog we've owned has been a drop off/stray.

I haven't heard from my sister this morning. I bet they had a long night. Victoria's surgery is this morning. Poor girl! Poor My Sister!!

I'm getting my hair cut and blonded today. That and laundry are on my agenda. You all have a great day!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies! Hope the rain goes away and you can enjoy your gardening and shopping.

We are off to New Orleans in a couple of hours. 3 Festivals going on down in the Quarter at one time...Zydeco Festival, Seafood Festival and Creole Tomato Festival. We are going to swing by and pick up my brother in law and sister in law (our first relatives that have come back since Katrina...we are so happy to have them home again!) Plan on having a really fun day.

Woke up to my dogs barking their heads off. I went out into the yard to see what they were going nuts over and heard the strangest "screaming" in a field behind our house. 2 large dogs were out there tearing a little dog to pieces. I screamed at them and they ran off , but then came back. I was so upset I could not find the number for the police in the phone book and ended up calling 911 who sent the police out. The "bad" dogs had gone one way and the torn up dog had gone another by the time the police got here, then we heard a lot of barking going on beyond the field, so the police went that way. Hope they found the dogs and that the little one will be ok...it was horrible. Hope the owners of the dogs all get in trouble for those dogs roaming loose. It could have been a child those dog got a hold of. It was horrible.

Chelby, we were posting at the same time..hope the weather holds out for your party today!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-13-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good MorningCottage and Ruth,

Glad to hear you both had decent days, despite all the strange weather. And it sounds like the weekend projects are adding up.
Me, working big time on the sorting project. My Mom says she is coming over on Monday morning, and thats where I had stashed all the "freecycle" goods so I really must make a miracle happen.
So I think I'll grab some coffee and enjoy a sit on the porch before I get back to it. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to say it's finished because I enjoy Sunday's without "have to" projects.
Mornin' Chelby and Cat. It's too bad folks don't take better care of their animals and the burden is put on others. Chelby, I'm thinking of your family. Cat, wish I could come with you today. Sounds like great fun.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-13-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies- today is only my Friday-and actually I am working in the fitness center tomorrow and Tuesday so I only have 1 full day off this week! anywho-

Ruth- I Hope the rain stays away for you and don't you just love getting things done without male intervention

Cottage- I sure hope you guys get the pool fixed soon, I bet it is frustrating now that its getting warm!

CHelby- I think the animals can sniff out the weak ones too , I seem to be a good target, luckily I have worked with a rescue fostering several animals and now they usually can help me out even though I don't live too close and find the lost ones a home... and considering the breed I bet you could find a local rescue that would be able to help you!

Cat- I wanna go too! Sounds like fun, and that is terrible for those dogs, people shouldn't just let their pets run loose, I am always more nervous about dogs running together too.

Debbie- I hope you get all your chores accomplished today so you can have a task free sunday!

As for me, I just have work on the agenda and tomorrow must definitely consist of mowing the grass, its looking like a jungle out there especially with all the rain! the house is in desperate need of some attention too and the grouting... hope you ladies have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth I hope the weather holds out for you and you have enjoyable day.

Cottage that is the reason I do not like having a pool I can never get the chemicals right and it is always wanting to turn green.

Chelby glad you got your power back- have fun getting your hair done today. Just read the posts from yesterday, I will have your sister and your niece and family in my prayers today

Cat that is horrible about the dogs. Sounds like you have a fun day planned though.

Debbie hope you finish up with the sorting project and get everything organized.

As for me last night we went to Colbie Callie concert and she was really good so I am glad we went. Today there is just so much to do around here we are not decided on what we are going to do. One town has June Jamboree and two other towns have festivals, so we shall see what we do. I need to clean the house this morning as well.

ETA- Hi Rikki hope your day at work goes quickly for you.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-13-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #8  

Got on the computer. We think the dogs are pure bred. Jeff named them Thelma and Louise. T & L need to know that if they stay here, they will be fixed! No puppies!

Mom called. Brenda (my sister) had a long night. Victoria kept throwing up the pain meds. If I know Victoria, the first opportunity, she's going to be back on the horse. She's actually a very good rider. She competes in equestrian events. She trains horses as a little 'job' in exchange for lessons.

Cat: I would love to be with you today! New Orleans is such a great town! A roast beef sandwich from Mothers would be a perfect lunch. mmmmm

Pearl: I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Colbie and Jason Mraz are two of my favorites.

Lexxiss: Enjoy that coffee!! I had coffee with my MIL on her front porch this morning. It was very nice.

Rikki: Have a good day at the spa.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

morning i'm getting ready to go to another open house this weekend. fun, fun.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Chelby...!!!! A roast beef from Mother's? SB poison!!!! (but man, I can feel the gravy dripping off my elbows!!!!...food of the gods...the FAT gods, but gods none the less!)

A little story. I was living in Olympia, Washington and pregnant with child one.
My next door neighbor was also from here and also pregnant. We went to Seattle shopping one day and saw a sign that said "New Orleans "poor" boys" (should have caught the hint when it didn't say "poboys"). We pulled that car over so fast and literally ran into that sandwich shop..so exited. We both ordered roast beef poboys and sat there like kids on Christmas morning waiting for them. When they came out, they were some dried up roast on a hamburger bun. We both broke out in tears. I'm sure the people there thought we had lost our minds. "But, this isn't a poboy!!!" The waitress (who I figured had never seen a real poboy in her life) kept assuring us these where "just like the ones they serve in New Orleans". We just paid the bill and walked out..still in tears. I'm sure the preggo hormones had something to do with it, but we were just devistated!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-13-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #11  

Cat: I cried over Hardy's biscuits and gravy when I was pregnant. Crazy!

One of our local grocery stores sells a product called 'boudain'. I figure if they can't spell it, they can't make it. Goes to prove that there is NO food like Louisiana food.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #12  

Just popping in to say hi to all of you.

Being on this site keeps me accountable. I try my best to log-on everyday.

Encouragement to all of you....
Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #13  
KittyKatLady

S/C/G: 160/159/120

Height: 5'3"

I've become addicted to this site! (= Today, in California, it was overcast and muggy but never rained! The sun finally popped out just in time for sunset. (=

I'm exhausted today. I had to work my 16 hour dady today (2 jobs) and I'm sleepy! I'm trying to tell myself to go to the gym as soon as I get off. What's 30 minutes on the elliptical, right?

I'm suddenly craving a Hershey's bar w/almonds...mmmm...I'm being good though!

Hope everyone continues to have a great weekend!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm hoping for a sunny day today as we have a memorial service over in the cemetery at two, rain or shine. There's nothing more depressing than hanging around a cemetery in the pouring rain even if I am related to most of the inhabitants.

I did get some gardening done before the rain yesterday and worked on cleaning my front porch in the afternoon. I had no less than four drop-ins so did not get it all finished. I guess I should do it after dark when people can't see me out there. Tally: 1 walker, 2 bikers and 1 SUV driver. I did not offer tea!

Church this morning and then a bit of porch cleaning before I get tiddled up for the memorial service.

What's happening around your beach towel?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning
Ahh, I had a chuckle first thing, Ruth. I was thinking I'll bet your relatives were more interesting when they were alive. /rain or shine/ Enjoy your Sunday. Have you considered night vision goggles for your gardening in the wee hours?
Me, I slept inso I'm just enjoying that 1st. Nice people came and hauled all my project stuff yesterday so I'm off the hook. I was totally amazed how fast it happened. So church early this morn and then a day to myself. Mom is coming tomorrow so I'll get her place spiffed up.
Chelby, I'm looking forward to an update on Thelma and Louise.
JIH, I had some cravings yesterday, too. This morning the 1st thing I thought was"I got through it and didn't eat it"
Closed Thread