Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #1  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

Default Totally frustrated

Since refocusing on getting rid of this fat person I became I have put effort into eating more and exercising. In the last 2 weeks I have been to the emergency room only to find out I have a severe inner ear infection, been pur on Prednisone and a ton of antibiotics and other medications that caused me to gain 5 pounds in 2 days and another 3 pounds over the rest of the week. I still did some light walking just to keep going. Now I am off the medication and feeling ten times worse so back to the doctor only to be told I have the flu.
What the heck! I have not had the flu or a cold or anything in like 10 years. I feel miserable and frustrated. And am now on bedrest because I am prone to pneumonia.
I feel like it is somehow my fault even though I cannot think of what I could have done that lead to this state.
I am not giving up though. I plan to hunker down and wait out this darn flu.
The only good news is that when I was at the doctor I weighed in at 209.6. Not much over two weeks ago but after gaining 8 pounds last week I am a happy camped with almost 2 pounds lost.
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

This is only a temporary setback. Temporary. Keep on keepin on and things will look up for you.........stick with it.........you CAN do it!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #3  

Default I know how you feel

I know exactly what you are going through! After many tries, and different diets, I now have absolutely no motivation. I am hoping that by reading some of the posts on this site (I love this site!) that I can get that motivation back. It seems like there is always something or someone getting in the way of my efforts. If you keep trying, so will I!

LaVon
LaVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

It's always darkest before the dawn. Just keep your goal in mind and do what you can to work toward it. So much of this is mental and these are temporary setbacks.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #5  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there!! In the long run, this will be a couple week setback -- losing the weight is for life. You'll get there!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #6  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks everyone. Spent the day in bed resting and just relaxing and feel much better. it renewed my determination to reach my goal.
LaVon I am in it for the long haul so to speak. When you lack the motivation I think we can borrow from the folks here.
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #7  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

I won't be 40 till next month, but I wanted to stop in and say I hope you get well soon! Make sure you get enough rest and drink lots of water!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote