South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Cluck In

Good morning. It's dull but not raining so we can sit on the deck and watch the doggage enjoy their bones. It's Jazz's first bone and he is ecstatic!

I'm tired this morning after a hard week so am not going to push myself today. I might bung in a few more plants if it doesn't rain. If it rains, it will definitely be an afternoon nap day. Gotta love it! On the other hand, another coffee may put my zip back and I'll tackle prepping the side door for painting. I think the door hasn't been painted since the 50's so it's probably time.

Hope your Friday is enjoyable no matter what you do.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, I too, feel a bit tired this morning. I need to get ready to go back over the mountains to my swimming hole. Everything is pretty much done here. We did alot of weeding yesterday and planted a new cherry tree. I hope you get that nap in today. You deserve it!

I stayed OP except for the 3 small SF cookies I had at lunch. It's the first white flour I've had in awhile, and will not make a habit of it.

I'll check in later and look forward to hearing about everyone else's day. Hopefully I'll be again soon.

Thanks to all for your continued support.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's looking dark and gloomy right now, but we may see the sun this afternoon. Today is the girls' last day of school, and they both have 1/2 day. Maggie is going home on the bus with a friend for a playdate, and Audrey and I are going over to Amber's school for their spring festival, and Amber is manning Alex's Lemonade Stand, so I hope the rain holds off.

I'm enjoying my first cantalope of the season, and it's divine!

Enjoy your laid-back day today, Ruth, no matter what you end up doing!

Mornin, Debbie! Have a safe trip back! To answer your question regarding the girls, I work as their nanny, but I love them as if they were my grandchildren. I've been with them since before they were born, and they're the same as family.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-12-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Mornin, Cottage! Hope the sun comes out for you today. Thanks for sharing about the girls. I don't have children, but love little girls.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - a nap would be delightful if it rains today. HOpe you enjoy!

Debbie - aren't the cookies almost a let down? I was disappointed when I finally broke down and had one.

Cottage - hope the girls (and you) have a great last day! We're finishing off a canteloupe as well...I agree....divine!

Me - well, GOOD news, finally!! The original house we wanted, that we were supposed to close on three months ago (!) yesterday, will be ours next Friday!! We threatened to walk (and even put in an offer on another house, which gratefully didn't work), and suddenly...the lawyers actually put an effort into it!! I'm SO excited!!

Next week my boss is on vacation though, so it is going to be a LONNNNG week. Hopefully, I'll enjoy this weekend off and be well rested. I have got to PLAN some salads so I don't graze so much!

Have a GREAT Friday!!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Twynn!!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Ruth- an afternoon nap sounds divine! and I just woke up! lol... I think its the gloomy-ness of the day!

Debbie-

Twynn- I am so happy for you! Thats super exciting!!!!! I hope its smooth sailing from here on and that your busy week flies by!

Me- I am about to head to work for another busy day- wish it was my friday! I had a meeting after work last night so that left me there for 12 hours with only lunch. I did take a gf vegan burger to eat but it wasn't cooked... just defrosted from sitting in the fridge- I ate it anyway! LOL... today should be busy with the CMA fest here... we've been seeing a lot of them in the salon so far this week and I think we have a buy out today from them... Happy to be busy but the rain makes me sleepy Hope you guys have a great day!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so happy that it's all finally coming together for you, Twynn!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Rikki-
Old 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Ruth -- Enjoy your restful day. You deserve it!

Cottage -- I love cantaloupe! At the farmers market, I smelled them before I saw them, and they were as delicious as they smelled...

Lexxiss -- I seldom think that a sf cookie is worth the calories. All the sugar alcohol makes me, well, you know... ewwww!

Twynn!!! I know you are excited!!! It's time to call in all the favors that are owed to you. Hooray for a Moving Party!

Rikki -- I used to work for an Industrial Psychologist. We worked with a company in Nashville that made country music videos. Knowing I was a fan, he called one day and said, "I'm standing across the room from Brooks and Dunn." Let us know if you get to meet famous people!

We are having a mostly quiet day again. The interview with the multiple personality child is today. Wonder who will show up? Hopefully not the one who talks like Satan and threatens to kill people. Yikes!

Jeff, Auston, Jeff's brother and his son who is 6 months older than Auston got up early to go fishing this morning. Those little boys were so excited!

Hope you have a great day. I'm looking forward to the Wine and Facebook party tonight.

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-12-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Ruth- enjoy your day hope you get your nap in.

Debbie- Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday.

Cottage have fun at the Spring Festival

Tywnn- Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

Rikki- Try to have fun at work

Chelby- That sounds interesting you will have to let us know who came out.

As for me- Leaving a bit early from work to take DD2 to the Dentist and then I think we are off to Six Flags for Colbie Callie (sp?) concert.

Have fun everyone
Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

My 15 year old niece, Victoria and her friend were racing horses today, which they were not supposed to be doing. Victoria was thrown by a bucking horse and got stepped on. Her leg is broken in at least three places. Her tibia and fubula are both broken. She goes into surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30. The doctors will put a plate, a rod and several screws in her ankle. My sister doesn't know if they will keep her overnight. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. It's going to be a long summer for all of them.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Chelby
Sorry to hear your news. I'm sure they will hear many times over, that it could have been so much worse.
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Chelby- Will keep them in my prayers! That sure isn't the way to start summer!

and I met kix brooks before I am not a huge country fan but a few of my friends and I went to his winery and had the best time!

Last edited by rdw1; 06-12-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread