Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #1  
Fat with a P H

S/C/G: 220/200/160

Height: 5'9

Default Thigh Rubbing!!

I absolutely hate it!

I'm sure you who have the same problem hate it as well..

I've always been a chubby girl ever since I was a kid so this has ALWAYS been an issue..so much that I have darker skin in between my thighs and its very embarrassing and makes me really really self conscious..does anyone know of any product or home remedy that can treat it? I really want to make sure that even when I lose all the weight that I still wont be embarrassed to wear shorts or a bathing suit...
Phatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Bathing suit I'm usually okay with b/c I don't walk around a lot, but for shorts I either avoid the ones that don't go down to my knees or I put baby powder on my thighs.

Thank goodness for NY&Co making those Bermuda shorts more popular - I have about 4 pairs of them and they are my saving grace in the summer. Previously I just wore long pants. All the time.

When I wear a skirt, I either wear bike shorts or spanx underneath. I'm a former Catholic-school girl, so I'm used to having shorts on underneath my skirts anyway.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #3  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I hate that too! Not so much the thigh rubbing, because they don't rub THAT bad.... but the darker skin! I've noticed it as well, and it makes me extremely self conscious to be intimate with a guy..... makes me feel like it looks dirty! If anyone knows anything can make that better I'd love you forever!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/189/170

Height: 6'0"

I hear ya! I have definitely reached bike shorts range... I always keep baby powder in my purse just in case.... I AM SO DONE WITH THIGH CHAFING! I always spend extra time on the hip adductor/abductor in the gym because i just want that spot on my body firm. It has gotten to the point where going to my sorority formals means praying i don't sweat too much and end up with that awful pain.
bluebird19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #5  

so let's LOSE THE WEIGHT and firm those muscles, ladies!!!!! praying that one day we may walk without touching thighs
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird19 View Post
It has gotten to the point where going to my sorority formals means praying i don't sweat too much and end up with that awful pain.
Have you ever tried Spanx?

They're like stockings, except they're shorts. They come in different lengths, you can get them down to your knees, down to your calves, or even down to your ankles. They are like my saving grace when it comes to wearing a skirt, and you get the added benefit of a little slimming in your thighs and tummy. Honestly, I really just care that I don't have burn marks on my thighs.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #7  
Fat with a P H

Well losing the fat in between my thighs and toning it up there is definitely what I want..but I mean for after I do so how can I get rid of that darker skin that remains?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

That's what I want to know too Phatty!

And as for Spanx..... I dislike having any kind of synthetic material against my underbody area...... after doing that for a year and having yeast infection after yeast infection from none breathing..... no thank you!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/206/125

Height: 5'3

omgg i have the same problem.. im so embarrassed about being intimate with a guy for that reason too. and if I am i need to be typsy =(. AND the lights OFF... i wonder the same.. what will happen to the area once we loose the weight? I wish there was a magic cream.
loveDC425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #10  

yeah thanks for the spanx suggestion! honestly i think it's just time to lose it down there but i've never had the problem of darker skin (at least, none that I've noticed??). Do you think it's left over from chafing? It may go away with time, perhaps, since it's just a superficial, and not deep rooted, marking.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #11  

ps a bunch of my jeans have also rubbed out between the thighs to the point where the fabric is now filled with holes! It's not like i can put patches on my inner thighs. I guess I need new jeans, but I'll put off buying them till fall so that I can buy SMALLER sizes!!! woo!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #12  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Even when I was skinny my thighs still rubbed together...Just saw some pics of Meital Dohan who is gorgeous and fit and yet looks like she probably still has that problem. I will be getting myself some spanx as soon as I can afford some.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #13  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I actually just checked and I definitely had those darker patches (my boyfriend commented a while ago) but now they appear to be very faded after a winter of not wearing skirts very much. So maybe there's hope...
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

My thighs have never not rubbed together and I don't have dark patches. I do try and keep fabric between them as much as possible.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #15  
Fat with a P H

I heard about this cream on this website..called arizona4pinoys

but I'm not big on trusting internet sites ..and IDK anyone who has used their products or knows someone..or knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that has used it..lol......