Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #1  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Default Layoff rumors swirling... wanting to binge...

Hi Ladies!
I've had a crummy day. My company is in constant turmoil due to a big law suit, and I LOVE my job - but today, our department manager asked my co-worker and I for a list of what we do, who handles what, and if the job could be done by one of us instead of two. In addition to that, there have been rumblings of another mass layoff in the next month. EEEEEEk! Now how is this related to weight loss, you ask? It's related because I am by nature, an emotional eater! I've controlled myself all day and even passed on a colleague's birthday cake, but now that I'm home and fully pondering just what the heck I'm going to do if I get axed, I'm having the desire to stuff my face. Any advice? I know a lot of people are going through this right now.. How do you avoid letting the crappy economy influence your weight loss?
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #2  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Whenever I really want to eat and am worried about controlling the urge, I brush my teeth and put my retainers in. I can't eat with them on, and the mint taste kills the urge to eat (for me anyway). Of course, if you don't have retainers this isn't at all helpful.

Maybe do something to keep you busy? Like...
-Go for a walk
-Call a friend
-read a book
-hobby (I crochet and write)
-clean the house (what I do when I'm stressed)

Whenever I just HAVE to munch, I like popcorn (which obviously you do too, considering your user name... ) or apple slices or carrots. Just remember that in the end eating won't make the job situation ANY better!

Good luck! I hope everything works out.

Last edited by rosekeet; 06-09-2009 at 10:28 PM.
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

That really sucks! It's such a tough situation to be in. I'm sure you've heard from a million sources to work off your anxiety with exercise. I know when I feel like crap I don't want to go work out, but whenever I manage to force myself to do it, I always feel so much better afterwards. Not to mention not as hungry, but I think that's more subjective.

Like Rosekeet suggested, 'binge' on healthier options. Personally, I eat mindlessly in front of the tv, so nowadays I cut celery up into tiny pieces and munch on that. It's low in calories and filling. Sugar-free jello cups are also nice for sugar fixes and about 15 calories a pop. Chug some water or drink tea to fill you up.

You've done so well already today, I hope you're able to continue resisting!
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #4  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Lyssa don't freak and eat...not a good combo as we know from the past. Think about what your about to put in your mouth and then don't. Really it is about putting all that emtion into something else! You are a wonderful writer and love to do it, so chanel all that emtion into a piece of work! Use it for you sunday group, yourself or share with friends! When i'm stressing I find writing, taking a shower, working out and calling a buddy helps! I'm sorry they are talking about lay offs again, I really hope it works out for you!
Talk to you soon!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote