Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Everythings Ruined

Okay.. I know its not true but it feels that way. I did SO WELL my first week and ended up losing 4.8 lbs. But since then I've had 4 days of bad eating. I feel bloated and constipated and yucky. I know I can just get back to it tomorrow but I'm supposed to weigh in Wednesday and I'm too scared. I must have gone up. Why would I get off plan so quickly? My second week! UGH I know its not the end of the world but right now it feels like it. Think I'll go take a bubble bath and sulk for awhile...
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on the 4.8lbs.
Congratulations on knowing it's not really the end of the world.
Congratulations on learning early on in the process that this is blddy hard work!

You're right, all you have to do is get straight back to it on Monday and on Tuesday. You may well show an increase on Wednesday but it will almost certainly be less than it might have been; and you really, really, really have to get weighed on Wednesday - the figure might be scary and upsetting but believe me, it's far better to know, to draw a line and go on. Without that check it would be so easy to just let it drift altogether, and you Don't want to do that!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #3  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

first of all: everything is not ruined!
...Yes you messed up, yes you went off plan, yes you may have gained... but look at it as a learning experience. There are consequences for every action and sometimes we have to be reminded of that to stay on plan in the future. Just realize your mistakes, man up, stay focused from today on, and weigh in. Whether you've gained, maintained or lost, you'll have to face it some point and really sometimes we have to remind ourselves it's just a scale

Last edited by moralitylikeart; 06-08-2009 at 08:39 AM.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #4  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

We all make mistakes! There's plenty of weeks I'll have great losses and for some reason I just fall off schedule. It's okay. The good thing is you know you made a mistake and you're ready to fix it!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #5  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

This happened to me this weekend, too--I had my lowest weigh-in at 159 on Friday, and then despite eating healthily and exercising for most of Sat/Sun, I fell off the wagon for just two meals and that's all it took to make me feel bloated, constipated, and back up to 161. But, it's a new week and what's helped me the most has been getting into the habit of going to the gym--I've been really consistent about it for the last 2 years, so that if I fall off the wagon one weekend, I know that I won't quit exercising and eating at least nutritiously (I eat local/organic) if not low-calorie.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #6  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

First of all, Congrats on the weight you did lose. Secondly, Dont dwell on the past 4 days, Start today like nothing happened and get back on the horse and go from here. I have learned dwelling on the past of how i messed up with eating and exercising only made me more depressed, I think i fell of the wagon even worse then because I thought that I had messed up worse then what i really did. ( does that make sense?)

GET BACK UP AND BACK ON!!!! you can totally do this. I know it has taken me a few kicks in the butt to keep going or to get back on the way i should be.

Best Wishes to you on your weight loss journey. Let us know how you make out.
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, on your success so far!! I'm right there with you... I had the WORST eating weekend I've had in a very long time. Even though it WAS my 40th birthday, I thought I'd have a little more self-control. Nope, free-for-all for two days straight, it was BAD. Now I'm scared to go to my weigh-in on Thursday. Even though I know I should go and face the music, I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. Plus I'm going to Vegas next week for 5 days... so, you can imagine the horrendousness that will go on there. But what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas right? I'll get my sorry-self back up on that wagon, that I am sure of!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I totally feel you! It was my husband's birthday this last weekend and we were out of town for two of those days... I made poor choices. Then I figured ok, I would get back on it today and I totally flopped! I can't believe how much worse I ate today than the entire weekend! BUT, tomorrow I will get right back to it and pay attention... think before I eat - even if that means tossing whatever I just chose. Make the smart choice and stick by it!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote