Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #1  
gloriasharon

S/C/G: 308/293/175

Height: 5'9

Default ok here we go...

I did some researching on my food intake with Fitday and low and behold, I found out that for my size etc I should be eating at least 83 grams of protein a day my average intake for the last 3 weeks has been 71 per day. As well 40 grams of fat per day is the norm and I have been eating between 60 and 90 grams per day..no wonder Ive been struggling and still feeling hungry!!!I have to really pay attention to those things because my calorie intake can be goal but if Im eating those high fat things and not having enough protein thats crazy and it wont work for me...well now that it all makes sense I have some new goals that I have learned about...
gloriacoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes! My main sources of protein come from soy. I eat soy meat, soy nuts, soy milk. Boiled eggs, and yogurt. And peanut butter. It sounds like you are really getting into this! Good for you!! "clapping for you"....
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, what a relief!

You've made some important progress there toward your goal!

I am so glad you figured it out. Too much fat, not enough protein. Thank goodness that's easy to fix!

I find protein to be the key for me, too. According to my plan, I'm to eat 7 ounces a day. That's a major shift for me--and for our budget! But if I reach for it when I'm hungry, I find I can cope much much better.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep yep and yep! I aim for over 100 grams of protein and no more than 45-50 grams of fat. Good fats are GOOD but in moderation
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Protein is key for me, too, for satiety and weight loss. Good for you for analyzing your diet and figuring out what might need some tweaking!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great realization Gloria. Lots of us try to keep "old standbys' in their menus while trying to lose weight. But soon enough, most of us realize that it's not all about calories. That the calories that we eat MATTER. We realize that we HAVE to get staying & filling power from our foods. NO MORE EMPTY CALORIES. They HAVE to be substantial and satiating - which means keeping a check (though not eliminating) on fats, and eating lots of protein and fiber.

Good detective work! Keep us posted and ask for as much help as you need. We're all pulling for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #7  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

on not giving up,and getting to the bottom of it!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote