Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Default let her eat cake! ... and she did

I started off this week (Sunday night) telling myself I would break the 150's! I decided I'd have my one "free meal" and double the exercise and really push through. Yesterday was my dad's birthday, which I had already thought ahead about, and my stepmom made a cake. My parents who have both recently lost a bunch of weight are always telling me "one time won't kill you"... well no it won't but I don't want it and 98% of the time I just ignore them. But I humored both of them and had a small piece of cake, about the length of my palm and an inch and a half thick. This wouldn't bother me so much but my dad yelled at me the other night about a crepe, saying it would be rude if I didn't eat it, so I counted that as my free meal for the week. I know it's not a big deal but I'm so frustrated with myself. I HAVE TO REFOCUS. I want a loss this week
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

You'll be okay! One small piece of cake won't ruin the week - if you're that worried about it, just work out an extra 15 minutes each day. That should take care of the extra calories
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
This wouldn't bother me so much but my dad yelled at me the other night about a crepe, saying it would be rude if I didn't eat it,
This just bothers me so much.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 306/286/150

Height: 5'3"

I'd tell my dad and stepmom to back off. If you don't want to eat something, then you shouldn't be made to feel bad because of it. I think your doing great! Keep at it and don't beat yourself up over a piece of cake.
kim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #5  
I am the lorax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
You'll be okay! One small piece of cake won't ruin the week - if you're that worried about it, just work out an extra 15 minutes each day. That should take care of the extra calories
yeah I think that's what I'll be doing :]
I know I shouldn't let it bother me that much, I actually don't even know why it is. But the extra exercise will help me get over it anyway, at least that way I feel like I'm doing something about it.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #6  
I am the lorax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
This just bothers me so much.
yeah it bothers me too, normally I'm not guilted into food related things and the more I think about it the more I've decided I won't allow myself to be anymore.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #7  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

It's not rude to not eat something as long as it's politely refused. It's not like you're saying "hey, I don't want your fatty, gross food, okay? Get it out of my face!" At least, I hope not...
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote