Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Default Down 15 lbs!

It isn't really a mini goal but I feel pretty good that I have lost 15 lbs so far! Only trouble is I have been eating soooo healthy and good the past few days I really am craving a treat. LOL specifically pizza. Oh man. Help! p.s. yeah its only 930 am and im already thinking about the pizza. HAHAHA how horrible is that?!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Congrats!! That's wonderful!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #3  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats! Looks like you're a quarter of the way to your goal, that's very significant!

As far as pizza, maybe you could get one of those Boboli crusts and use some marinara and nice spices, and low-fat or fat free cheese. And of course, all the veggies you want! It may not be perfect for a diet but it's certainly a lot better than a greasy pizza from a pizzeria.

Good luck and congrats again!
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #4  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

WTG on losing your first 15lbs!

When I crave pizza, I have a few "cures". I will buy:
1. buy a medium thin crust pizza with lots of veggies and eat 2 slices with a salad
2. use flatout wraps or mini pitas, top with pizza sauce, fat free shredded mozzarella, veggies and bake! The flatout wraps are big and are less than 200 calories!
3. I buy these organic frozen pizzas to keep in the fridge. They're only 350 for half and totally filling!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #5  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

what about geetin a ww pita crust, putting on sauce, veggies, or extra lean meat, and alittle cheeze and baking it
ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #6  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on 15 pounds!

nothing's wrong with a small reward, as long as it won't offset a whole binge episode. I recently got a hershey's cookies and cream bar from my dad and promised myself I could enjoy half of it (if that) after I broke the 150's as a reward and it's honestly been the only thing stopping me from giving in at times. I think as long you plan for the off plan pizza it's fine or make a pizza at home with healthier ingredients. Use some whole wheat pita bread, tomato sauce, peppers and other veggies on top :]
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Push through that craving and make a healthy pizza if you can. If not, can you buy just one slice of it?
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #8  
sugar is the devil

Here's what I do for "pizza"

Take whole wheat english muffins! Put some pizza sauce on both sides, add low fat cheese, and toppings! Then put it in the oven.

It's really good!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 306/286/150

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on 15 pounds lost!!! I've lost 16 so far too!! I eat pizza almost once a week, I just make it myself so that I can control what is on it and how much I eat! Nothing says you shouldn't have what you want!
kim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #10  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

CONGRATS!

I think the lower fat options are a great idea - esp what you make yourself. But I agree most with the poster above - I allow myself everything I want - but in moderation and in plan. Most of the time I eat very healthy, but if I couldn't have my favorites now again - wine, a glass of beer, expensive chocolate, pizza, brats, half a chipotle burrito, paneras...well, you get the point, I couldn't keep going if I didn't have my pleasures. The important thing is to get right back on the wagon and not to feel guilty or that you've blown it. The french have it mastered I believe - smaller portions of amazingly good food.

I also think upping my calories HELPS my weight loss. Especially if I've stalled. Pizza is hard though - for some reason I have a hard time turning it off after I've started. It just doesn't fill me up for some reason and it's so - well - tempting.

The only thing I haven't allowed myself is fried chicken. I saw how many calories were in one chicken breast - AWRK! That is just too hedonistic even for me!

I guess to me - I love food. I also love losing weight and being healthy. The only way for me to maintain this commitment is to make a lifestyle change, but one I can live with. Food is one of the great joys of life.
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #11  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Last edited by Tracy; 06-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #12  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Congrats!!!!!
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Who-hoo! That's great!! If you have a Papa Murphy's near you, their take'n'bake deLite pizzas are less caloric than most (they say 140 cal per serving but they say a serving is 1/10th of the pizza which is not so likely) and are easy to load up with your veggie choices at home. Yum!!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/235/165

Height: 5'2

Congrats! I just lost my first 15 lbs too. Last week at Weight Watchers, I hit my 5% goal, and now working on the 10% goal....10 more lbs. to go! I think the mini goals are the best way to approach my weight loss journey, it doesn't seem so overwhelming and it keeps me motivated. Good Luck!
Sgt Ts Wife is offline   Reply With Quote