South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday (Gotta do it!) Chatter

Good morning. It's Monday again. Seems to me we get more Mondays than Fridays!

This is another very busy week with meetings and appointments. One appointment is for a haircut on Wednesday. Yippee as I sure need it. I am debating growing it longer as we have bicentennial next summer here in Delta but think I'll just get me a wig to wear with my costumes. What the heck did they wear in 1810? Research needed.

As soon as it dries up a bit, I am going out to plant. It's supposed to rain again later so I'll do my errands this afternoon. It's time to start driving around the township delivering entry tags for the children's Fair entries. School closes the 23rd so I'll then repeat the route doing pick-ups.

I hope your Monday is a good one. It's always nice to get a good start to the week.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I definitely think there are more Mondays. Enjoy planting

Looks like a sunny warm day before a stretch of cooler days. Not a bad day for me - desk work this morning, then I escape at noon. I'm coming back up here to have lunch with my bff before an afternoon meeting with the director of a local agency. The meeting is at 2, so no point driving back to the office after That will let me get a little done before yoga tonight.

It's only a 3 day week for me because I'm off to the folks and the land the internet forgot on Thursday. I'll break up my drive both ways with lunch with friends I don't see often enough and a little thrifting, so should make the trip easier.

Hope your Monday plans include a little sunshine
Old 06-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

at Cyndi and Beachers to come. Just checked the weather and there will be no rain until tonight. Yippee!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, have fun planting and getting pampered on Wednesday!
Cyndi..hope your work day goes quickly and have fun at yoga! I need to check and see when the gym has yoga classes and plan my days for days.

Nothing on my plate today except for the gym and a little school work. Headed out to water the garden. Have left over salmon burgers from yesterday, so I'm just throwing together a caprese salad with some great Creole tomatoes, so a pretty layed back day is ahead...just the way I like em!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #5  
-

Ruth...since school closes on the 23rd, when do the kids start back????
We got out on May 22nd and will go back around August 8th or so this year. Last year was the 5th...ouch! We had 20 minutes added to each school day thanks to Ike and Gustave, so didn't get out till almost 4 each day. ick.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - Have a beautiful day! I'm going to try and get the hair cut myself today. It seems to be a pretty low priority for me...but I REALLY need it!

Cyndi - A three day week sounds great!!! Enjoy!

Cat - holy cow, what a horrible schedule! My son just ended kindergarten Friday, he starts back the Tuesday after labor day. The public school system ends in another week here (his day is longer), then starts back the week before labor day. Your schedule is crazy!

me - Well...work, a run, and a bunch of errands. Same ole, same ole for me. All of a sudden though, the sellers for the original house we wanted got their arses in gear, and we are likely to close in the next two weeks (which, we'll see if that REALLY happens). It's still a little surreal, since they dragged their feet so long.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here today!!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends!

Ruth, Hooray for no rain! We had a beautiful, dry weekend. They are rare for us, too.

Cyndi, Enjoy your lunch with friends. Happy early Birthday!

Femme, I always love your posts and pictures. New Orleans is one of my favorite places. I'm a Lake Charles girl -- maiden name ends in -eaux.

Me: Molly Dog started barking at 5:30 this morning. Jeff said the back yard was covered in deer. They didn't care about her barking, but didn't like the big man in his unders one bit! So, I've had time to put a spinach, mushroom and cheese frittata in the oven. Yum!

Auston's summer program starts going to the pool today. He is so excited. I am having a 'let him go' moment. He's never been swimming without me. Will the other adults watch him as closely as I do???? Breathe, Chelby. Let him go.... sheesh!

Hope you all have a beautiful Monday and a great week!

Twynn, Good luck (or break a leg?) with the house!

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-08-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Cat, the kids go back the day after Labour Day which is September 7 this year so the school year is about the same length as yours.

Your salmon burgers intrigue me. Any chance you'd share the recipe? I've still not given up completely on fish. Not a chance to get crab around here. The canned is available but is awfully salty and full of those little bits and fake crab just is impossible if you read the ingredients!

Twynn, I sure hope the house thing firms up fast this time. Poor you! It seems you've been frassing around with this for months and that's just from my perspective.

Just came in from outside and think I'll hold off a bit on gardening. It's 42ºF out there. The sun should warm things up in an hour or so. My white and nearly black iris are in bloom. Great combo! I must take a picture - and I must read the manual one of these days.

Now Chelby! We raise our children so they can be on their own. It's just another step albeit a bittersweet on.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I left Monica's at 5 this morning so I could beat rush hour traffic, and since we didn't get to bed until after 1am, I'm really dragging now. But I'm unpacked and had a nice hot shower, and have the laundry going and Jake's supper in the oven. Now, I can take it easy for a couple of hours before I go over to Cindy's to meet Maggie's school bus. Their last day is this Friday, and there are special activities being held each day, starting tomorrow with Field Day.

It was such a long drive home yesterday, and we had heavy traffic from Boston all the way to Monica's, so we got in later than we anticipated. Caitlyn brought home so much stuff that we literally had every nook and cranny in the car filled, and even had to get a rooftop carrier, plus we had her bike on the back. Whew! I don't envy her today, trying to put everything away.

I'm going to go read up on the posts, and have a nice bowl of oatmeal with peaches and pecans. It will be nice to get back on track after the decadance I've had this weekend. I'd better see if I can scrounge up a nice salad to fix for my lunch, too.

Have a marvelous Monday!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

good morning everyone! I had first good night's sleep I've been able to get in weeks! Felt nice to wake up and it not be 2 a.m.!!

Ruth - I hope you like layers...I'm pretty sure you'll be wearing them for your costume..ha! Enjoy planting today. We did a full days yard work yesterday. The backs of my legs feel it today.

chelby - I had to smile at your post. DH and I are witnesses and child care for a couple getting marired this weekend. We are going to keep the kids in town with them and let them have breakfast and dinner on their own, but meet up with the kids the rest of they day. The kids are 10 and 12...both parents are SURE the kids will be knocking their door down every morning, because they miss them. They also keep calling us to make sure we have plans for how to take care of them.... No doubt the kids are loved!

twyn - I feel your pain. We bought our home in Dec from the most unmotivated sellers ever! They drug that closing out forever!! It was really nice to finally be in our house though..almost worth all the stuff we dealt with. I hope you close soon!

me - I am in the wedding friday. The dress the bride picked out, just barely fits right now. I MUST be good this week. I'm not so worried about losing weigt - just not binging or gaining!! Work Saturday was filled with drama..the kind any adult would no better than to create...people's feeling were hurt - deeply - and no one apologized. The director is helpless to solve any problem that comes her way..so this will just linger and either face away or fester and turn into a bigger mess. I work in a healing spa!!!! I'm rolling around the idea of taking it all to the owner, since the director is not capable of addressing it. This makes my monday a bit heavy. Hopefully I'll have a better gut feeling about it later today.

I'm off to exercise.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Good morning friends,

I stopped on to get a couple ideas for dinner tonight and tomorrow for a few bucks, but don't see the weekly "what's for dinner" thread! DOH! I have beef thawed so might do meatloaf for tonight, but thinking it's not big enough, will have to do a mini.

Have to get DS to work. TTUL
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Wow!!! I'm checking in late this morning and everyones world is ABUZZ..............definitely a busy Monday.

All I can say at this point is Hi! I have to get my butt in gear. We have an extra dog this week who is still missing Mom. I need to get breakfast and vitas going so I can to and do some H2 My priority today is to healthy.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I think the 1810s was the land of huge beehives... A wig sounds much easier. Have fun planting!

Cyndi, what are the flowers in your avatar? They're gorgeous! Your trip sounds great. Mmmm, thrifting!

Cat, what are creole tomatoes like? That teaching schedule would make me crazy. I've never understood going back to school when it's hotter (and muggier) than blue blazes. The kids don't learn much when their brains are addled by heat...

Wow, Twynn, seems like you're really meant to have that house, eh?

Keep breathing, Chelby! I bet he'll do great! Hilarious about the deer. Wonder if a scarecrow dressed in briefs would work?

What a trip, Cottage! Glad you're back safe. Hope you have some good coffee on! Can you get a nap in before picking up the girls? So, do tell, did you have any blueberries or are they not in season yet?

Macsmom, hope that you get some clarity on the issues at work. That sounds really frustrating, and not particularly useful, especially in a healing spa! Glad you got some sleep.

Loriann, I don't like meatloaf, so have no experience making it, but maybe you can "stretch" the meat by adding more veggies or some veggie puree? That lowers the calories and ups the fiber, too. For dinner ideas, check out the Recipe Forum for Entrees. There are a ton in there.

Lexiss, you made me feel like I was reading an issue of Highlights magazine! Hope you have fun at H2Yoga.

Me:
Our world is busy! I have two friends coming to visit this week--both just for the day. One has never seen our house, so I feel compelled to clean and freshen and such, but the house is a mess (as it usually is! ), and so there's much to do and no time to do it! The other friend will be here on Friday, so that also means I'll be busy with friends on my two days off--and that leaves the garden unattended all week. I'm going to have to fit in a little here and there after work this week. Thankfully, it's supposed to be fairly rainy for most of the week, so I couldn't do as much as I want anyway.

We've had lots of critter excitment lately. I won a "squirrel proof" birdfeeder at my scrapbook retreat and figured I'd try again with battling the squirrels to feed the birds. So far it's squirrels 2, me 0. Over the weekend I got a squirrel baffle, installed a corn log feeder and a suet feeder (both for the squirrels) on another tree, and we'll see what the outcome is tonight.

Last night I heard some squeaking coming from DH's closet in our bedroom. We're pretty sure it was a bat. We've had them in the house before, but never could figure out where they were coming from. We have a verrrry old house (nearly 100 years) and people who've checked it out say there are SO many places they could be getting in that we need to sit outside and watch to see where they come out to figure out how to keep 'em out. I tried for two days and didn't see a thing, but did get eaten alive by mosquitos. Anyways, seems they're back. DH and I spent some time sealing the edges of the plumbing access panel in the closet (the only way they could actually get in to the room from that wall) and then listened to the poor bat sing away. The dog was not happy. The sad thing was that when I was brushing my teeth, I could hear a bat singing the same song out in the night, and then hear our bat sing back. I have a feeling he/she is trapped...but am not sure how to safely let him/her out. I love bats, but agree with DH that they don't belong in the house. Then there's the rabies thing...I know it's very rare for them to have it, but I refuse to give a bat up to be tested (they kill them to find out) and the shots for it are SO expensive (over $1,000 for a woman out here...). Uggh. DH is going to do some patching of possible holes in the basement tonight. We'll see.

That's about it! I have book club tonight and am planning to endulge in my friend's homemade matzoh ball soup. Other than that, I'm planning to stick to veggies and salad. Have a good one!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #14  
-

Laurie, Creole tomatoes are just heaven on earth. Very juicy and very flavorful.
http://www.summersetreview.org/02fall/tomato.htm
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Not a lot of time! jsut wanted to say hi!
Closed Thread