Old 06-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 6/6-6/7

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! I'm busy baking bread and muffins for the week!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #2  

Doing good this weekend. Yesterday an hr of cardio and today another hr plus some weights. Eating has been great except for Friday night.

I am thinking about quitting drinking soda. I LOVE diet coke but it is not great for you and has so much sodium. I think I am really addicted to it. I have tried to stop drinking it before and just keep having cravings for it. Any ideas on what I could replace it with (that might have low to no calories)?

Workout Song of the Day:That's not my name by the Ting Tings

Last edited by laurie2275; 06-07-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling:(
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  

I'm having a much better weekend than my 'diet' is. Actually, I haven't done THAT badly. We got to go to an Air Show yesterday and see the Thunderbirds perform. The show is happening again today but with less-perfect weather (I can hear a military fighter passing over as I type this). It was quite amazing and required A LOT of walking! I took good snacks but snacked on some less-good things like a big pretzel (though I didn't eat ALL of it). I could have been better, could have been worse. It seems to have had zero impact on the scale either for the better or worse.

We just made it through the very busy last week of school so I'm hoping to get into a new 'normal' routine for the summer now. I should be able to hit the gym in the mornings since I don't have to get kids up and ready for school. So long as I'm back before the hubs leaves for work, all should be well.

Laurie- I wish I could help on the Diet Coke thing. I ONLY like it from the fountain so while it's great I don't have one every day, when I do, it's a huge 32 oz diet coke. I'm trying to 'cut back' but haven't been able to totally quit either.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

I have been MIA but been really busy.

Yesterday my DD and I did Animal Encounters at the Knoxville Zoo. We got to feed and touch penquins and giraffes. Very cool. Then we walked around at the zoo and I was pooped by the end of the day.

I have also parked my riding lawnmower and have been pushing mowing my yard. I mow about an acre and half it takes me 4 days to do it! LOL I can only stand about 45 min to an hour at a time. It's the toughest workout I have ever done. I live on top of a hill so it's really tough to lug that thing around.

That's about it from me.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie2275 View Post
Doing good this weekend. Yesterday an hr of cardio and today another hr plus some weights. Eating has been great except for Friday night.

I am thinking about quitting drinking soda. I LOVE diet coke but it is not great for you and has so much sodium. I think I am really addicted to it. I have tried to stop drinking it before and just keep having cravings for it. Any ideas on what I could replace it with (that might have low to no calories)?

Workout Song of the Day:That's not my name by the Ting Tings
Laurie
This might not help at all, or it might. But I just quit cold turkey. You'll get a screaming headache for a day or two while the caffeine works its way out, then it'll all be over. The craving is in your head. I like flavour sachets- we don't have Crystal Light here and the one I use has 4 calories per 750ml serve and is packed with B vitamins, but try the Crystal Light. I hear it's pretty good. My coke intake is somewhere between 1-2 glasses a week- and those last two are about to get the boot in the coming week.

The first week is always the hardest, but you pull through that and the rest is smooth sailing.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote