Old 06-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Goal Rewards

So I've been having motivation problems the last couple days and I am trying to deal with them now. I was wondering if anyone has rewards that they get when they hit certain goals as an added source of motivation? I think this might help me... I know the biggest reward is to finally lose the weight but sometimes I need more motivation than that. Like for example.. once I lose 20 lbs I'll buy myself a new purse, or have a spa day. Anything like that?
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #2  

mani and pedi, or i even thought about for every pound lost get a jar and put like a $1 per a pound in it and then like for every 10 lbs lost throw $10 in the jar and use this as clothing money a little tedious but an idea, whatever it is don't use food as a reward, I worked in a weight loss center and this lady was getting ready to lose 20lbs and i was like what are you going to do when you get there and she was like have a candy bar and i go What! why not get a non food reward duh!
nmhairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #3  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Every time I go down a pants size I buy some clothes. It's partially necessity of course, but it's also fun and rewarding.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I said when I lose all the weight I want I'm going to the Swarovski store and buying myself some nice jewelery
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #5  
Workin' It

Some I've thought of:
Manicure/pedicure
Massage
Facial
Cute new shoes
Clothes, of course
I saw a woman who bought a charm bracelet and got a new charm for each mini goal
Inexpensive jewelery
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

ok this may be a dumb question but really why can we not have food rewards? I do understand the reasons in some aspects but, I have been CRAVING my favorite cake from my favorite bakery, I told my self that when I get to 160 I can have it. Of course this will be planned and I will be in my calorie range for that day and I will eat the piece of cake as a meal (I know not very nutritious but its ok sometimes right? ) Ok so is this a really bad idea or can I do this?
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
ok this may be a dumb question but really why can we not have food rewards? I do understand the reasons in some aspects but, I have been CRAVING my favorite cake from my favorite bakery, I told my self that when I get to 160 I can have it. Of course this will be planned and I will be in my calorie range for that day and I will eat the piece of cake as a meal (I know not very nutritious but its ok sometimes right? ) Ok so is this a really bad idea or can I do this?
I'm with you on this, I have the same reward for when I get under 150 but with a bit of a chocolate bar that's been haunting me for weeks now. I think as long as it's planned... it's fine. But I can see how if you're someone with a history of overeating or binging you might be afraid a food reward would trigger that. I think a lot of it has to do with lifestyle changes too, everyone on here has a similar goal but different paths, some people just do not indulge old habits and foods and some still incorporate them in their plans in smaller portions. It's just about knowing yourself and whether or not you can have that food reward and be satisfied with it or have that food reward and NEED to have more.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 306/286/150

Height: 5'3"

I think that if you are going to use food as a reward, then have it be a big goal that you reached, like getting under 200 pounds for example. And then like you said, just count the calories. And be careful not to indulge too often!!
kim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #9  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

One of my favorite rewards is buying a song on iTunes. I try to buy new workout music every so often to keep things fresh. Since it's only .99, it's cheap, but you have to watch out because sometimes one song turns into twenty very quickly!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 322/312/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitALisa View Post
One of my favorite rewards is buying a song on iTunes. I try to buy new workout music every so often to keep things fresh. Since it's only .99, it's cheap, but you have to watch out because sometimes one song turns into twenty very quickly!
I like this suggestion! I was trying to think of an inexpensive reward...I'm gonna go with this one!
jessicaRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hmmm...i don't have anything specific in mind, though truth be told, i'm kinda always in a state of constantly rewarding myself even when i patently don't deserve it. oops. what can i say? self discipline has never been a strong suit.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

10 lbs - spa pedicure
15 lbs - new running shoes
20 lbs (goal) - clothes!

I'm also buying myself a nike + ipod this week, so i guess that's my random reward!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote