Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Talking Operation Buffet: Success!

Last night I went to Golden Corral. I think I did pretty well. I ate lower points throughout the day and ate a healthy snack before we went to Golden Corral. I brought my own salad dressing and my first plate was a salad. Since I was still hungry, I went for a second plate on the hot food section. Golden Corral has a decent nutritional information on their website. So I chose the foods that I normally love that I knew the points of, I chose. I actually did not get my ultimate comfort food: mac and cheese. I was quite shocked. Yet my plate was full and I wasn't going to pile stuff on it like I normally would. I was quite full but I wound up only using 10 of my weekly points! ^_^ I did an awesome job in my opinion.

I also strength trained and did some tabata squat thrusts earlier that day. Man, I am feeling that today!

Now, my next challenge is Operation Mexican Restaurant. Thank goodness I have points left over for today!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done on a successful operation!

I love the idea of setting up restaurant trips as military targets!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Nicely done! Yay for you Daimere!

Talking about Mexican food....I am going for dinner to a Mexican place tonight. What should I eat? All I know is that chimichangas are deadly (too much fat, sodium, carbs). What would you advise? The place where I am going doesn't have nutitional information on their website.

Thanks
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

Well, I'm on Weight Watchers and I looked up the regional cuisines. They have guesstamate values of typical restaurant foods. I made a list of options: 11 chips: 3, 1/2 c. salsa: 1, rice: 5, refried beans: 3, shrimp fajitas: 8, chimichanga chicken-9, 0r bean burrito-8.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #5  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Thanks a lot.....even though I don't follow WW, I'm familiar with their points, so that will help for sure
Probably fajitas will be the safest option for me.

Good luck on your next mission!
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Sounds like you knew what to do and you got er done. Good job!!! Planning is the key and you HAVE that. I am really thoroughly impressed
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Sounds like you knew what to do and you got er done. Good job!!! Planning is the key and you HAVE that. I am really thoroughly impressed
Thanks. I was very upset when I received the text that said: "we're going to go to Mexican tomorrow. " I felt like I was gonna die but I still had points avaliable. That is why I didn't say yes till I did a rough total of the points I typically eat at a mexican restaurant. Yes, it helps on the weekend I can eat lower.

I think this is proving that I can do this. This can be the rest of my life without eating rabbit food whenever I go out. In 2007, I never did this. I said, "we go to applebees or I don't go!"
Old 06-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I think you've hit on the key to eating out... having a plan. You are an inspiration!!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/283/199

Height: 5'6"

Try the fish tacos if they have them.

Grilled tilapia, cabbage, pico on a soft tortilla. Delish and not TOO bad, as long as you banish the chips basket!
KCMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Ug...the chips basket would get me every time. I LOVE salsa!!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Then keep the salsa and add it to everything else! Mmmm. I love fish tacos but the places near me serve it with this decident sour cream sauce and corn ranch topping. If I had them skip one the other or both and put salsa on it they would probably be a lot healthier. Of course they're fried too so I'm actually probably better off with the fajitas. I'm in Texas so we get texmex too which tends to have some wonderful options like smoked chicken with rice.

Last edited by Misora; 06-06-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 292/T/160

Way to be strong and have a plan!

I absolutely dread the day that comes where I have to eat Mexican because that is a huge problem area for me. I will have to do a lot of planning on that one.
Momto2Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

Operation Mexican food was postponed till tomorrow.

Operation Eat My Grandmother's food was unplanned but I did well. My mother told me to come over and BAM! Fried pork chops and scalloped potatoes. I took a deep breath. I knew it would be okay. I ate the smallest pork chop there was, one teeny scoop of potatoes and big helpings of green beans (which probably had butter in them). Luckily, my grandmother had strawberries for dessert. I think in all I ate 17 points. Since there is no true point value for regular pork chops, I assumed 10 points instead of 8 for lean fried. I assume at least 1 point for the green beans since I don' t know how she prepared them. The strawberries I used set points (2) since I don't know how much I had of them. The potatoes were 4 which I thought it would be. I know my guesstamate points may be off but I'd rather be over than under.

Why is this all happening the same weekend? Grrrrr.

Last edited by Daimere; 06-06-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #14  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
Why is this all happening the same weekend? Grrrrr.
<sigh> It happens. Good for you on those choices at the buffet.

I went out with my parents last night. They decided on sushi/chinese buffet. I had a plate of assorted sushi and realized that I was already full, but just had to try a few bites of fried pork, calamari, and sesame chicken. I then topped it off with some sliced bananas with red sauce.

I ate WAAAAY too much... but I'm over it. Today I'm drinking my water and eating toward the lower end of my points range. BF and I were supposed to make a light Pad Thai for dinner tonight, but he just got a text from friends inviting us over for a pizza/movie night. We've already decided to get dinner on our own first and avoid the pizza.

But still, that's a lot of challenges for one weekend.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

Operation Mexican was a success, I guess. I ate everything I planned (and yes, only 11 chips). It was so normal that it doesn't feel like I was on plan. Although I had a moment where I was like OMG I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW. I feel like it's due to being so so tired. I didn't let that take me down.

Other than that, my muscles are still sore from the last few days. I don't think I'll be able to do what I would normally do.