Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Red face Cedar Point - Nervous, Excited, and worried...

This weekend some friends and I are going on a weekend trip to Cedar Point. I have never been, and I am so excited about all the roller coaster. I don't know that I will be able to look at them when I ride them, it may make me not want to ride them! What I am worried about is if my size will prohibit me from riding any of them. There website says female guests over 200lbs or size 18 may have a problem with some of the rides. I can wear size 18, but prefer the loose fitting 20 in most pants. I have never had a problem before at any other amusement park with rides, but I have heard Cedar Point may be a different story. Does anyone have experience there with rides? Do you think I would be able to ride the roller coasters?
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

I absolutely love roller coasters but had to give them up with my current weight. Google "cedar point" "weight restrictions" and you should come across several websites that discuss certain rides. Also, most attractions have a seat in front of the ride to test out. It's as embarrassing as **** to sit in it with people streaming into the ride but better than getting on the platform and having to walk back down.

At 212 I honestly think you'll be fine though .
AtlGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #3  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Yep- I read the same info about weight on there website it made me nervous too! This is one of the reasons I am scared to to the park there... I have love about 45 pounds and I am still not sure if I would fit... I mostly in a 16 though so I am going to give it a try.... Ugh!

Have fun!!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

OMG, just chiming in to say that Cedar Point is AWESOME. My hubby and I went on a 4 day trip there when we were dating... best time ever! I think you'll be okay in most of the rides. I have gone on rollercoasters with people who were in the size 18 range, and they were fine. Have fun!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #5  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I don't think you'll have a problem. I went to Cedar Point when I was in college and I think I was an 18/20 then.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #6  

I googled it and other message forums have discussed it in the past. It seems I should be ok, a few may be tight. I read if I was busty I may not fit, but I don't think I have anything to worry about there! I cannot wait. The closest theme park to me is Dollywood, and while it is fun to go there, there are only 2 coasters.I cannot wait!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I went to cedar point a few years ago and I was an 18/20 and i was about 215lbs. I did have some issues with a few of the coasters, however they have "test" seats on the coasters that one may have trouble fitting into at the beginning of the line, so you can test the seat before you wait in the long line and you don't have to be embarrassed if you can't fit. If i remember right, I was unable to ride two coasters and cedar point has like 15 so overall the wasn't bad. I was able to ride nearly every other ride there, so you should be good :-)
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #8  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

OMG i LOVE cedar point- i went there for my high school senior trip! My friend wore a 22 and she is 5'5" and she fit on all of the rides. I would say it will come down to your bone structure- are you a large frame or small? b/c w/wide hips and a 18 it can be different than w/not wide (the word left me*) in a 18... there is SO much to do there you probably wont even miss the ones that you don't feel comfortable sitting in! You have fun and if you can i highly recommend the thing that takes you up and then drops you! holy heck that is so fun!!!!! such a rush!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #9  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

I ALWAYS worry when I go to theme parks!!! I'm a size 22 in pants, 2x in shirts, about 260 and I usually fit on things just fine. I've only had one ride where I almost didn't fit.. and then really jammed it in there so I was okay, lol! Yet another reason why I need to lose weight! Anyways - I'm sure you will be FINE, try not to worry about it and have a blast!!!
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #10  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Are you an apple or a pear? I am a pear and when I was around 24/26, I had trouble fitting into 3 of the rides. It was so traumatic for me. I am hoping when I lose more weight next year, I will get to go back and kick all those rides in the face when I ride them with lots of extra clicks!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #11  

Hey all! I just got back from Cedar Point. I had an awesome time. I waited no more than 30 minutes for anything, walked right onto 1 ride, and fit on all rides just fine. The weather was perfect. On one or 2 if the seat belt were an inch shorter, I would not have been able to ride. I am so glad I went. Thanks for all your help. I was so scared I was going to be really embarrassed by being told I cannot ride. I am just glad to be home before dark today so I can do my c25k workout!

Last edited by utgirl09; 06-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #12  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Awesome!
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #13  

When I went, I rode all the major coasters. I think the only one I almost had trouble with was Top Thrill Dragster. I fit, but if the seat belt were and inch shorter I would not have. I think you should be fine, but everyone is different. good luck.