Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #185

Does this work???
Old 06-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #2  

Mima, I just did this too. Yours worked when you didn't think it did. Let's use yours!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

I tried to start a new thread and messed it up. Glad you guys are smarter than me!
Things have been hecktic here. I have not felt well. UTI.. Got hat fixed and now I have to catch up.. All this running to Dr.'s and so forth is taking a toll on my time..
Not much interesting here .. Hello Everbody
Joanne
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. Same old, same old here too, Joanne. Hubby leaves for his trip up north tomorrow so I am looking forward to a very quiet and relaxing weekend. I anticipate the neighbor's kids will be over to visit and swim as they all just got out of school for the summer. It has been very hot and humid lately with lots of little rain showers. That sure does keep it steamy! Queenie is definitely not interested in walking too far with this heat. She's just a big bored puppy right now!
Not having much luck staying away from those good carbs either....and the scale is not moving downward because of it. Still playing with those two pounds and I have to get a handle on this dieting thing or the scale will never go down. Maybe without hubby around to "annoy" me this weekend, I can get back into it. I am still nursing this back spasm thing too. It doesn't seem to want to give me a rest from the constant aching. The longer it goes on, the more tense I get which is making the FM kick in other places. What a cycle this is! Maybe I should get some cheese to go with my "whine"??
Off to "drag" her royal highness around the block before it rains. She's had two speeds lately...slow and slower. Joanne, do take care of that UTI. I have been very fortunate in that department...never had bladder or "yeast-y" issues. Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying their day!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Kate -Two blocks and back home is Christies way of walking. She tried to get home without doing her business. I said no not till you pee..
I too am having a problem with the carbs.. I just want to eat..I am playing with 3 lbs for awhile now..
Think of me when you have your alone time. Enjoy it..
Went to Publix and got some of the sale items.. That was the excitement of the day..
It is almost time to take Christie out.. I feel like my days are all on a schedule..
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #6  

Joanne, hope you are feeling better.

Kate, like the idea of cheese with your whine! I say that alot!

It has been downright nippy here again! upper 40's and lower 50's yesterday. amazing. Even had to turn the heat back on after just having the AC on last week.

I was down 1/2 pound at weigh in last night. I feel like I've done well since I started in January. When I got off the scale, the leader said she thought I needed to up my exercise some. I just looked at her. I know that I am doing quite a bit more than the women that I sit with each week. My aerobics classes are an hour long, 3 days a week, plus I walk or do things on the other days. The aerobics class is very intense. Most of the people in the class are in their 20's and 30's, and here I am at 54!

I guess I just have to get over her comment and move on and not let it bother me so much. I think 15 1/2 pounds since the beginning of Jan. is good for me. (especially since I went to Disney for a week!)

By the way you Florida people, I will be at Disney again in October. I arrive on Oct. 12 and leave the 19th.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #7  

FM people cannot overdue it or they get into trouble-tell her that.
Joanne, I take a dose of Cephalexen everyday because I get so many uti's. seems to be working.
Got my tooth fixed and went to chiro. today we are going to the podiatrist-I think I have a fungus that makes my toenail grow thick. And then to the eye doc. I need new glasses because old ones all scratched because they were soft plastic!! But I think I need a new script anyways.
Bible study tonight-found some lime juice so I am making a key lime pie-cream with pudding.
Talk about pools-the tenants son and his friends were going to put up a large inflatable pool-called insurance and they said she would need renter's insurance for the liability. Not really happy because we don't have a fence and those pools are not regulated yet. I had a pool and I had a 4 foot fence and locked gates. To be continued.
Have a great weekend-I know what you mean by time alone, Kate. But not too much. Mima
Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #8  

Good morning all. So quiet around here this morning!! I will have lots to do while hubby is away...mostly cleaning and laundry but I always stay busy. I'm still having "pain" issues and have had to "up" my meds a bit to get a handle on it. I think I am going to finally suck-it-up and call a new chiro to see if that will get me back on track.
Tammy, sounds like you really enjoy Disney. Keep us posted closer to the date and who knows? maybe that would be a good weekend to have my overnighter? I can never make plans that far in advance....."the best laid plans"....as my mother would say.
Mima, sounds like you have your hands full with your new tenants. Why would they assume they can put up an inflatable swimming pool? I certainly wouldn't take on the liability risk without a fence around it, regardless of the regulations. It could still come back to bite you in the butt should anything happen because you are the property owner (especially if the tenants have nothing to lose). Who needs that kind of headache? Good luck with all this. I am guessing she finally paid the rent?
Rain in the forecast for the next few days. Guess we don't have a drought issue anymore, right? Very cloudy and humid so far today. T-storms predicted for this afternoon. The weather report says rain all weekend up and down the east coast.
Off to get some housework done. Hope everyone is doing okay. Wonder how things are going in Denmark??
Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #9  

Default Hey There

Mima- I would have to play it safe and say no to that pool. I bet they wouldn't pay the price of a injury on your property. I have a fungus on two of my toe nails.. I went to a podiatrist and found out that the only sure way to get rid of it was very expensive and my insurence would not pay .I read somewhere that if you soak your feet for 5 min. in clorox solution it would get rid of it.. I haven't tried it.. I bet it would really dry out the skin on my feet. I have that problem anyhow.The Dr. did suggest Fungoid tincture. So far it hasn't helped.
Tammy - I feel fine . I think we caught the uti before it got too much of a hold.. I would love to say I would meet you at Disney but October is a long way off. Louie doesn't do well if I go off and Christie would be too much for him. He doesn't even take her out because he is afraid she will pull him down..
Kate-You got the most rain. It comes in off the Gulf and passes over us in about 5 minutes or less. My brother and sister-in-law are going to Germany on the 8th. She still has sisters and family there..
Hello Candice and Meme..Where are you?
Joanne
Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #10  

Mima, I don't think the leader understands FM at all. The other leader is a nurse, and she is well aware of what I'm dealing with. I went to the chiropractor yesterday too. Felt pretty good. Not so sure about having the pool on my property.

Kate, I think October would be a great time for your overnighter! I'll bet Anne is hanging out in Denmark thinking of us all the time. Well, maybe not.

Joanne, it would be wonderful if we could meet up again. I understand not wanting to leave Louie and Christie though. Germany sounds like a good trip. That was one of Tim's favorite places when he went with the Ohio Music Ambassadors in 2005.

Today I am walking for the Cancer Association of Darke County. I have done the Relay for Life which is for the American Cancer Association, but all of the money that is earned for this stays right here in Darke County. They were very helpful when my mother was sick. My chiropractor has a team, and I joined up yesterday. We got t-shirts. The largest they had was an XL. I told them I didn't know if I could squeeze into it because I usually wear a XXL. Guess what? It fit, and it was a bit loose! I was shocked! I guess all of these classes are paying off.

Have a great day!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #11  

They have to get insurance to put up the pool.
I went to the podiatrist and he was very knowledgeable about the plantar fascitiis-said it doesn't go away with fibro-it's where the bone attaches to??? He also said that they are coming out with a laser treatment for the fungus-he can't give me the med because I take so much other stuff. Anyhow-he trimmed my big toenails. And if I need them trimmed adagin-it's 35-not too bad.
Then I went to eye doc-I can have new lenses put into my frames I already have-no script change in 5 years. How come I can't see signs. ? And no cataract change.
Off to peaceful Acres. Went to Bible study last night-one woman won't stop talking and half the time she doesn't make sense-talks just to talk. Poor Pastor is trying to get his point across. I may say something to her.
But how do I say it.
Hey Kate-don't forget to rest.
Our Relay is next weekend-Brad's sister does a lot. You go, Tammy. That's such a good cause.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 06-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #12  

Another cloudy day in Florida! Rain never came this far up yesterday. Had lots of little thunder rolls but no significant rain. The prediction is the same for today...rain and t-storms this afternoon. I never believe the weatherman anyhow....he's always wrong!
Queenie and I are enjoying our quiet time. She's such a great dog. I would do another rescue in a heartbeat but my hubby would probably come unglued at the thought of having another Pyr around. He sees how much work goes into having just the one. He's not sounding too happy about being in Rhode Island. It's cold and rainy there and he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. I think he is looking at this trip as an obligation rather than a mini vacation.
Mima, I hope the tenant's insurance policy is adequate for their pool coverage. Did your insurance agent specify how much they had to be covered for? I didn't realize tenant's insurance carried liability coverage...I always thought it was for personal belongings. It's good to learn these things....never know when you might need this kind of information.
Hope you do great on the walk, Tammy. I really need to get exercising more. I just don't have the motivation lately to do much of that. I need to find a way to adjust my attitude about this diet and exercising. I've hit a wall here....
Need to fold some laundry and change bed linens. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #13  

Mima, I went several years without a change in my prescription too. The bible study that I did at the Y had a woman like that. I did 3 sessions, and said enough. I haven't done any there since, and that is part of the reason.

Kate, sorry to hear your hubby isn't enjoying himself. The walk went well. It was a beautiful day, so that made it extra nice. It was only 3 miles, so it didn't take that much time out of the day. Had lots of fun with the other walkers. I honestly don't know why I have been so motivated to do exercise lately, but I'm glad it has happened. I wonder if it's the class I'm in on Wednesday nights. It's bible based, so lots of prayers for guidance.

Another beautiful morning, but I think rain is on the way. Someone mentioned that at church this morning.

Where is everyone? I know Anne is in Denmark, and I think she should be back tomorrow maybe.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #14  

Hi guys-only thing I miss at the campground is the computer. Every night, the people below us have a campfire. And people just drop in. We had so many laughs last night-there ended up being 10 of us.
But I am home now and going to get ready for the flea market.
And take Aunty to lunch after I get my shot.
We decided Bible study goes too late -we were basket cases on Sat. We will talk to the Pastor.
I am into reading Frank Perreti-he writes with Ted Dekker-fascinating. First I read the Visitation and now I am reading The Prophet. they were in the church library.
Love that you are motivated to exercise-pass it on. I HAVE to get back into walking or my cholesterol will go up. I did some praying when I was working-to be able to give the right score to the examinees.
Brad has a busy week. The money is coming in but the Chase card has all the equipment so it will have to go out and I need to give the gov't some money-hate to do that.
The weather has been so cool up here Kate so RI probably is the same.
The pool is still laying on the ground in the back????? We hope it's not going up.
Be good-Mima
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #15  

I'd miss the computer also. The campfire sounds like fun. AND so does the flea market!!

I like Frank Perriti, as well as Ted Dekker. I just read Saint by Dekker not long ago.

I think all of my medical tests are keeping me motivated in the exercise department. Everything is much better than it was, and I know the doctor is very pleased.

I don't like giving money to the gov't either. I'm with you on the pool not going up.

Hello to all!
Closed Thread