Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Reebok Easytone

Anyone have these? I was considering them because I am on my feet all day.
They are toning sneakers but do not look like the MBTs. They are supposed to be comfy and work your behind by 28% and legs by 11%.

They are also between 99-110 dollars.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #2  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

I hadn't heard of them yet ... but I LOVE my MBTs! I have a pair of sneakers and a pair on Mary Janes for work. I'll have to check out these Reebok since it's always nice to have a backup
whoopseedaisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #3  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I think it is all a big money grab. I bought MBT's and if they did anything it was so small that it wasn't worth the huge price tag or the unattractive look! If they really worked I would put up with the poor esthetics. Same with fit flops- at least they look good but they are just sandals.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #4  
Starting Again ... Again

I actually have noticed a difference with my MBTs ... and my BodyBugg has, too. I tested it once right after I got the BB and did the same amount of time at the same speed on my treadmill wearing the MBTs and a regular pair of sneakers and actually DID burn more calories with the MBTs.
Of course, low carb diets work for some and not for others so maybe it's just another case of different strokes for different folks.
(And the Mary Jane MBTs are super cute!)
Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #5  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I have the Mary Jane MBT's and to each their own but I don't feel very attractive when I put them on. But glad to hear they are working for you- can I ask you how many more calories you burned?
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #6  
Starting Again ... Again

I actually hit 20% more. I was pretty pleased!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #7  

MBTs scare me - price wise and site wise. I think I'd probably fall over!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #8  

I just got some MBTs and since I heard they run small, I bought them a full size larger than I regularly wear. I've worn them around and they do work those back leg muscles, but something is weird about them in my feet and I think they are just too big. Argh, can't return them but can't bring myself to buy a new smaller pair. Anyway, still trying to make them work for me; I still have high hopes.

Karen, you've got all the cool gadgets! Maybe bodybugg is next for me.
cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #9  
Starting Again ... Again

The MBTs are "off" by half a size so yours probably ARE too big, Cath! You could always sell them on ebay and also buy your new pair there ... that's how I could afford my two pairs! Actually, ebay is also where Tom got my BodyBugg. Yeah, we're big fans
Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

I have the Reebok Easytone in lime green. I like them. I also have two pairs of Fit Flops but I wanted more support for longer walks than just running errands. They are comfortable enough, but I can't speak to the results since I haven't had them very long.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #11  

Thx Amy....do you feel any difference with the fit flops? Where did you buy both the flip flops and the reeboks?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #12  

Yes, I do believe I feel a difference when I'm wearing the Fit Flops a lot. I know for sure that climbing a hill while I'm wearing them is a no-no. We have this really steep hill by my house, and both times I walked up it in the last month while wearing the Fit Flops I had instant cramps in my calves. That was part of the reason I wanted the Easytones, so I wouldn't have to bunch up my toes when walking like I do with flip flops.

Anyway, I got my Fit Flops at Bath and Body Works online (one pair was a year and a half ago, and the other was a year ago), and I also got the Reeboks online, I think from Reebok's site. I am usually afraid to buy shoes online but I just used the same size I usually wear in Reeboks and that was fine.

Last edited by Amy8888; 06-08-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #13  

Thx Amy. I hesitate to buy Reeboks online because they tend to run small on me (I have a wide foot - if I buy up a size, they are too big in length). I'm leaning towards the fit flops b/c I will most likely wear them more in the summer.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #14  

That makes sense. I wear my fit flops a TON in the summer. On weekends when I'm in and out of the house a lot, I just leave them on because they are so comfy. I forget I have them on! (I usually kick off my shoes first thing when I am inside).

I know you can get the Fit Flops at a lot of stores now, but if you do try to order them online you should know that they run about a size larger than what you normally wear. I usually wear an 8, but I got both pairs in a 7.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #15  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

So has anyone really noticed a difference with all (any) of these products? Like in your legs and glutes, toned wise? And what are MBTs?
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote