Thread: Yellow Squash?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Jennifer 3FC
WW Moderator

Yum! Yellow squash is one of my favorites!!!

I love it diced (or matchstick) and raw in salads. Delicious, and it's a variance in texture without many calories.

I like to roast them in 1 inch cubes. I put them in a big bowl, drizzle oil, and mix it up with my hands. Its the best way I've found to coat them all evenly and without too much oil. It's easy to use too much oil - but necessary to use enough if you want good flavor and texture. The only times I haven't liked a roasted veggie is when I didn't use enough oil. Also, don't cram pack your pan when you roast or all of the natural juices will just make steam and give you a less desirable texture. When done, I crack a little sea salt on them, and sometimes drizzle with balsamic.

I like them sauteed with onions and cornmeal with S&P. Just sprinkle a couple of tablespoons in the pan after it's cooked about half way- use too much and it will soak up the cooking spray. It mimics fried squash with a lot less calories.

It's also good in omelets and quiche!

I like it more ways, but none of them are remotely close to healthy.
We're fat chicks, not doctors. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote