Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New Moms Losing Baby Weight

Hi! My name is Christina, and I had a baby 5.5 months ago. I went from 200 to 285 pounds. I'd like to lose the baby weight and then some. I'm struggling! I started calorie counting almost two weeks ago and am finally seeing some progress (I lost 40 pounds without any effort in the four weeks after I gave birth, then gained 5 of it back). I'm walking, shredding, and riding a stationary bike. I'm starting to borrow different exercise DVDs from the library to mix things up a bit.

Introduce yourselves!
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi Christina,

My name is Rhonda - Johnathon was born on January 15th. I'm not a "new" mom so to speak since this is my 3rd kid. I have a 10 year old son and an 8 year old daughter also, but it feels kind of like I am starting over.

I ended up gaining about 45lbs this time, but it seems like no matter what I do, these lbs do not want to leave my hiney. I am also still breastfeeding so I feel like I am hungry all the time. It has gotten better as he has gotten a little older and I hear that once he eats solid foods that my appetite may decrease some too - I sure hope so!

I have been calorie counting too and trying to exercise, but between working full time and taking care of 3 kids and a husband it is hard to find the time.

Congrats on the new baby and good luck on the weight loss!

BTW - Did you have a little boy or girl?

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 06-03-2009 at 01:30 PM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  

I have a sweet little boy named Ramsey. Congrats on your new addition! I'm not working, but I am finishing up my bachelor's degree. Finding a balance is interesting. Is Jonathon still sleeping well for you? Ramsey is going through a sleep regression and gets up 2-4 times each night now. How many calories are you aiming for each day (we have about the same weight, so I thought I'd ask)? I'm shooting for 1800. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Wow...I wish I could lose 40 pounds without any effort!!! I was also hoping that when my daughter was born she'd come out as a small toddler, and that would account for the 70 pounds I gained through pregnancy!!

Lovinlife...I absolutely can relate to your schedule!! This last pregnancy was my 2nd (Kella was born February 16th) and now that maternity leave is over with, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things at work, while also taking care of my family. Thankfully school is almost out, so my 7 year old son won't need help with homework at night and there won't be the time spent getting him ready in the morning. I'm hoping those little bits of time will give me some moments to actually start exercising!!!

This past month was when I started actually dieting (with a little exercise here and there!) and I was able to drop 20 pounds. I know going forward it won't be as easy, so adding exercise in is going to be my only choice because I don't think I can decrease my caloric intake much more!!

Anyway....good luck to both of you! Keep in touch and share how you're doing as well as any great tips you have!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #5  

Funny! Our babies are 1 month and 1 day apart: December 14, January 15, and February 16!!

Kimiko - Congrats on Kella!! What kind of diet are you doing? If you aren't taking in enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode, and you won't lose. I'm aiming for 1800 and am losing at a nice pace.

I LOVE exercise videos. Ramsey has fun watching me, so I son't have to wait for him to go to sleep to work out. Also, with the videos, I don't have an excuse if it rains.

Last edited by cincimom11; 06-04-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  
Proud Mom of 6

Happy Friday Ladies,

cincimom11 - Johnathon is sleeping pretty good. If we are home from ballgames then he is usuallty asleep by 9 and then gets up to eat about 4:45. He will usually eat and then right back to sleep until about 7:30. By then it is time to get up, dresses, changed and to the sitter. So, I really can't complain. Is Ramsey getting up to eat or just to play? I ask cause maybe he is going through a growth spurt and needing to consume more?

1800 sounds right where I am at too, but I add 500 calories for nursing so I try to get at least 2300/cal day. My supply has went way down since I came back to work and have had to try and keep up with him, so we have been supplementing formula for 2 bottles a day at the sitter. I was hoping to make it at least 6 months, but I don't know if that is going to happen?

That is so cool that their birthdays are the 14th, 15th and 16th. Don't know if we could do that again if we tried, lol.

KimikoD - Congratulations on the new baby! How is your son adjusting to having a new sibling? Mine are loving it right now, but once he is a little more mobile and into their stuff that may change.

Luckily my kids are already out of school - they got out May 22nd. Was it hard for you to go back to work? It was killer for me and it took a little while to get back into the swing of things. Luckily we have the best sitter whom I love and adore, so that makes things a little easier.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 06-05-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

Well ladies, I got a big shock this morning. I got a BFP and am kind of in shock. Check out the Pregnant - Nursing Forum for all the juicy details. I will be putting the weight loss on hold again, but once this baby is out - no more messing around. Good luck to you both on your journey!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #8  

WOW!!! Congrats! One of my December '08 baby board friends just found out she is expecting her second one on February 3 of next year. She lives in Kansas City, Missouri. That is CRAZY!! I hope all goes well! Will you be on here at all to keep us updated? I wish, but I have a feeling there won't be time. Good luck!!!

My little munchkin won't take more than 4 ounces of formula at a time. He gets up to eat 2-4 times, then goes right back to bed.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Lovinlife:

I'm so excited for you!!! I'm going to miss hearing your progress from a weight loss perspective, but I can't wait to hear your updates on the pregnancy!!

My son absolutely adores his baby sister...he does so much for her (he sings to her, reads books to her, talks to her in her crib or on the bed)....and I'm hoping he stays sweet like that with her forever. I love the idea of her having a "big" brother (I was the eldest so I never had that experience).

Cincimom: The diet I'm doing is basically cutting down on calories and watching my fat and carb intake. I'm shooting for 1200-1400 calories a day right now, and it seems to be working and I'm not starving...but now that I'm finally starting to exercise, I'll probably shoot for 1300-1500.

My baby's taking in about 4 oz of formula as well, I tried to bump her up to 5, but she kept spitting up after eating, so I dropped her back down. She sleeps through the night now, usually zonks out around 9:00 pm, and wakes back up around 6:00 am to eat again.
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #10  

I lost 1.8 this week! That makes a total of 9.6 in three weeks!

My little boy got his first tooth yesterday.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #11  

I lost 1.4 this week

My son and I got hit by a car two days ago (some lady backed into us while we were out walking), so I've been taking it easy with the exercise.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #12  
chomp chomp

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello! I had my first baby in mid-April, little girl who is now nine weeks old. I lost my pregnancy weight right away, but now my pre-pregnancy extra flab needs to go. I am breastfeeding, and I thought the weight would fall off, but it isn't, so I'm starting to count calories.
kitchencurtains3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #13  

Welcome, kitchencurtains! I freaking hate my new flabby parts, too.

Well, I finally got my period. My last one was March of 2008. MY CRAMPS ARE KILLING ME!!! On a more positive note, my little man now has two teeth.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #14  

Thank you for inviting me here. I hate my flabby stomach and I am in need for a tummy tuck
Belinda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #15  
Dream~Hope~Believe~Live

S/C/G: 177/161/145

Height: 5'3"

I love this thread! My daughter was born 2/1 and I haven't lost much weight since she was about 2 months old. Calorie counting looks like the best way to go about things. I am looking for all the support/advice I can get. I am breastfeeding and plan to continue for at least another 6 months. I had wicked cramps when I started my period at 6 weeks pp (yuck!) but they have slowly gotten better since then. My little girl should be popping out her 1st tooth anyday now, I feel like she has been teething forever!
Cincimom - What DVD's do you use? I would love to get something I can do from inside when the weather gets nasty.

Thanks for all the great chatting!!!
linds is offline   Reply With Quote