Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default June NSV's

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Yesterday I wore jeans sized 44 in the waist. The last time I wore these jeans was in 2003. I dug them out of the bottom of the closet .

I also got lots of compliments from friends I haven't seen for a while on Sunday night.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #3  

This morning i took my kids to a restaurant for breakfast before taking them for school. They are both clearly worn out from school and i wanted to give them a break and a treat.

Of course, i had alreay had a healthy breakfast. In the old days i would have happily had a second breakfast. This time i listened to my body signals and had a cup of coffee instead, a bite of their breakfast to taste and that was it!

The best part, it didn't feel that difficult, and tasting their breakfast which was good but not amazing confirmed that i made the right decision to keep my calories for really yummy food.
cestlavie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I'm heading over to Lane Bryant after work to try on (and probably buy) a pair of 2 Red/size 16 jeans...to see if I made my 6/1 goal of fitting into a 16W. The way my size 18s are sagging, I think I'll make it...I'll report back later!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

I tried a "hot" yoga class for the first time. I was able to keep up and I was also very proud of how I looked in my yoga clothes.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Pulling this back up to the front page to say that lately I have been really loving the way my shoulders look. They're getting really sculpted from weight training and yoga, and they're starting to look really really good.

Carol, I would LOVE to try hot yoga, but I'm scared that I'll throw up in the middle of class! Whenever I get too warm I get really sick to my stomach. I bet I wouldn't be the first, but that's not really a consolation!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Last night I was tired, feeling overwhelmed with the things I needed to do, and sad. Normally, I would have comforted myself with food. I did not. I'm very proud of myself.
Scarlet
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Last night I was tired, feeling overwhelmed with the things I needed to do, and sad. Normally, I would have comforted myself with food. I did not. I'm very proud of myself.
Scarlet, that is HUGE. I think we have all been there, and we all know how hard it is to resist falling back into old habits. Good for you!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Scarlet, that is HUGE. I think we have all been there, and we all know how hard it is to resist falling back into old habits. Good for you!
Thank you so much for your encouragment. It really is huge. In my mind I heard all of you nice people on this forum screaming, "Dont' do it Scarlet, step away from the crackers!" and I did. I hope to remember that moment for a long time.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I went out to lunch yesterday and planned ahead using a website to check the menu ahead of time and then picking something off the fit and fresh menu. Total points for lunch was 9.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #11  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Because I decided to try the June points challenge, I walked on a treadmill for the first time in my life yesterday. 20 minutes on the slowest setting. Today I walked again, a little faster, feeling a little better.

You have no idea how exciting that is..But you probably do! =)

Last edited by mel hughes; 06-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #12  
addicted.

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'7"

Today the kids wanted to make choc. chip cookies...so we did. It was so weird how strong old habits are...wanting to sample things here and there... but I caught myself every time. I didn't have any, had fun with my kids, and enjoyed some cherries while they ate their cookies.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #13  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I can't believe it--I just did some stretching and core strengthening exercises. If you only knew how huge that is for me! I never, repeat never get down on the floor--not even to clean up spills (my kids do that for me!). It is sooo hard to get back up.

But that cannot last forever! And I wanted to post to this thread today, so I did it.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #14  

Alana,Cinnamonc Sheena, and Mel congratulations!!!!
How wonderful!! Your posts made me cry but in a good way
Old 06-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #15  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I am walking around today wearing a business suit with my shirttail tucked in. My jacket's been draped over a chair all day.

I've never tucked a shirt in before. Well, not since like 2nd grade, maybe. My waist has never been small enough to get away with it. Wow, tucking a shirt in and wearing a belt. And looking good in a mirror. Wow.

Edited to add: In fact I actually turned down a job offer once, right after college, because they issued uniforms and tucking in your shirttail was a requirement, and although I wanted the job pretty badly, needed it, and probably would have really liked it, there was no way on EARTH I was EVER going to tuck my shirt in.

Wow.

Last edited by DCHound; 06-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote