Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 08:22 AM   #1  
Body-for-Lifer

Default Exercise Routines

Can anyone recommend a good exercise routine for me? I tried running up and down the stairs multiple times but that gets old after a while. Rollerblading and Biking is boring!
Old 10-23-2002, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Some of the non boring exercise I do is bellydancing, Latin dancing, and country line dancing. I recommend the following tapes to start:
Bellydance Fitness for Beginners-(they have two beginning tapes that are good-basic moves and fat burning)
Counrty Line Dance Aerobics-Diane Horner is the instructor
You should be able to find them on Ebay or any exercise video online store.
Kathy Smith's Latin workout-lots of nice dance moves here.
I also recommend anything by Richard Simmons-the aerobics tapes are much more like dancing, and he always picks the best music-he has Latin, Club, Disco, Oldies-many different titles, and all are fun.
It makes it much less boring because you are actually learning dance moves! Lots more fun!
If you use a treadmill or exercise bike, I like to do it on front of the TV, while I watch a favorite half hour show. It keeps my mind off of how many minutes I have been doing the exercise, and I get a half hour in.
If you walk or rollerblade, consider using a CD Walkman with music you enjoy, or choosing a park or somewhere with nice scenery you can enjoy while you are out.
Hope some of these suggestions have helped!
Aphil
Old 12-05-2002, 03:31 PM   #3  

walking up and down the stairs will do the trick, but yea it would get old. rollerblading and biking can be fun if you go with your friends and try mountian biking instead of street biking.
me and my buds have burned a lot of cals skateboarding in the summer and snowboarding in the winter. And rockclimbing too, it burns a lot. just pick a fun activity and work hard at it, and fit it into your weekly schedule.
Closed Thread