Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #1  
Amy

Wink Friends and Losers Thread June 1-7

Good Morning!

Hope you guys all had a great weekend! Here's to an OP day!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

Happy Monday to everyone! Hope you had a great weekend I'm heading back to work this morning after being out sick for a week....yikes! I can just imagine how backed up the work is (especially since it's month-end)! I'm hoping to get out of work at a decent time today so I can go to a water aerobics class. Weigh-in this morning and I am down another 0.6 pounds IN SPITE OF the prednisone, for a total weight loss this past week of 3.2 pounds...YAY!!!!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hello All

Jillian - I know I'm a little late, but I had the same issue when I had #2, I lost a good amount of the weight pretty quickly, but couldn't fit into jeans that fit before... but then a couple of months down the road, it was so wierd, my hips narrowed back and they fit... so just give it time...

I don't know who was talking about raving rabbids, but if anyone can suggest a wii game for a 12yo boy - my oldest is having a bday this week and I'd like to buy him a game that he could enjoy with his little sis and bro (6 and 5)... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

On the diet front... I've been walking in my neighborhood lately, its more like climbing and I feel great about it. Also been weight training my upper body every so often. weight is pretty much holding steady, the best part is that I can actually look in the mirror and think I look ok most of the time, paying more attention to that than the scale, which is good!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!
So a total of 5 workouts last week! Pretty happy with that I hope I lose lots during this 30 day challenge but also keeping track of body fat % and inches to see if there are changes there if the scale upsets me lol.
Anyway...few too many treats on the weekend...gotta stop going totally nuts on the weekends...it's okay to allow for a little cheating but it seems like I just go off plan every Friday and every MOnday I get back on. At least I exercised this weekend though! And I will make a goal to be better behaved on weekends
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. Another week here in sunny New Mexico!

Will be a weird one for me later on, as Liz and the kids are heading to California to attend the HS graduation of our nephew... They'll be gone Thursday, Friday and returning Saturday night.

Hope you all have a great week!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan, Hope you can enjoy the peace and quiet. I have a nephew graduating this year too.

Kristin, I've found that if I think "its ok to cheat a little" I end up cheating a lot. Then instead of losing weight, I just manage to lose during the week what I overate on the weekend. So you are totally right, and totally not alone in needing to do better on the weekend.

Suzanne, one more pound makes 10.

I had a weekend of intense yardwork redoing a brick walkway, ripping out plants and trimming some back and installing a really cool fountain that looks like a little waterfall next to our little rock wall... hard sweaty work and today I'm moving kind of slow, but so is my DH. It was so hot here this weekend too. Too hot to feel like eating much.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I don't usually post much on this thread but I am always reading, I am trying to kick the diet pepsi this is day 3 of no diet pepsi, wish me luck i am starting to think thats another reason why I was stalling with my weight loss and I am going back to the purple menu as I lost more weight on that when they switched me to the numbered plans I seem to stall... so I am going to give it another try and see what type of results I get with it...
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barbara- Wow, sounds like you have been busy. I would love to see pictures of your fountain!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #10  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
Hello All

I don't know who was talking about raving rabbids, but if anyone can suggest a wii game for a 12yo boy - my oldest is having a bday this week and I'd like to buy him a game that he could enjoy with his little sis and bro (6 and 5)... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
That was me... I think a 12 year old boy would love that game (yea so I find the same things funny that they do) The only thing depends on his parents. If they are on the stricter side, they may not see the humour. There is one part of the game where you're locking the bunnies in bathroom stalls and they are grunting. My daughter and I were cracking up but not everyone appreciates potty humour.

We just got Carnival Games and that would be perfect to play with the younger girls. Though he might find it a little boring depending on his interests.

Speaking of Wii... I've been doing Fit for 5 days now and am actually down according to the Wii balance board scale - 3 lbs! It tells me my center of balance is off and I put more weight on my right leg. I feel it today after doing the yoga, right leg is fine but left one is very sore.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Liza, that's great! 3 lbs!
I'm still plugging away at my 30 day challenge on EA Sports Active. I am now into the jumping squats and jumping lunges (I'm pretty sure the devil created these exercises). Anyway, really enjoying it, not seeing much on the scale...I think I wayyyy overdid it on the weekend. We'll see what Friday brings anyway.
In the meantime I am freezing it my office! It seems as soon as it gets above 10 degrees they turn off the heat and switch on the AC.....I HATE AC...course I am always cold and it is never TOO hot for me :P
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #12  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. just thought i'd pop in and say hi while i had a few spare seconds.
hope everyone's week is off to a good start.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Very cool! Alexandra has been digging the Wii fit, but Liz and I have only worked with it occassionally..

As for games, my 8, soon to be 9 year old son, Danny, LOVES this game called "Blox - something".. Darn if I can remember the name.. It might be a little much for a 5-6 year old to comprehend.. Also, the NERF blaster game is a LOT of fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
That was me... I think a 12 year old boy would love that game (yea so I find the same things funny that they do) The only thing depends on his parents. If they are on the stricter side, they may not see the humour. There is one part of the game where you're locking the bunnies in bathroom stalls and they are grunting. My daughter and I were cracking up but not everyone appreciates potty humour.

We just got Carnival Games and that would be perfect to play with the younger girls. Though he might find it a little boring depending on his interests.

Speaking of Wii... I've been doing Fit for 5 days now and am actually down according to the Wii balance board scale - 3 lbs! It tells me my center of balance is off and I put more weight on my right leg. I feel it today after doing the yoga, right leg is fine but left one is very sore.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends,
I am a breadstick making fool today. I have been baking them for a couple of weeks now.......they are for DD's graduation party on Saturday. Thanks and I hate you, JerseyAmy for the recipe. They are soooo good that I was stupid enough to offer to make and bring them to the party.......I only have 15 dozen left to make......have 18 dozen made. Yes, I am crazy. I did make them half the size, so I get double the amount out of each recipe.....but still, it is a lot of baking. After tasting them, I just couldn't bear to buy bread for the party.

We leave for Wisconsin on Friday morning......once we get there, I have to decorate the cakes my mom has made. We are a bunch of food makers. I guess I didn't realize that until I started typing it. It makes us sound like total nut jobs.......

Anyway, I will try and check back in soon.......I have been such a slacker on WL and motivation and such.........just too busy I guess. It's a good busy though

Ok, back to kneading
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #15  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Ok, so I'm back up 1.5 lbs after the big 3 lb loss... but that's still 1.5 lbs down in a week so I'll take it.

On the Fit game, I like the yoga the best. I tried the aerobics this morning and they just didn't do it for me. The step aerobics didn't go so well for me and I hurt my foot when I missed the board - I'm not the most coordinated person. Though I know the goal is to improve in all of those areas. For the Wii I'm looking to work on my upper body since I get my cardio and lower body work out when I run with the dog.

Darn my foot hurts. I dropped a razor on my toe in the shower too.

Dan- have fun in Cali!

Nicole - have fun decorating those cakes! mmm cake. Someone brought an orange cake in at work yesterday and I admit, I did have a teeny little sliver of it.

Barbara - sounds like a good hard working weekend. I bet everything looks great!

Kristin - I'm one of those who always turns the AC on at work In my defense, it's a converted warehouse and as soon as that air goes off it gets so stuffy and I start yawning and get exhausted. When it's cold, I keep moving. Also my studio in there is tiny and packed with electronic equipment so it gets HOT fast in there.

Hi Katie!

Hi Jillian!

Ok, off to work.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote