South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Temptation-Free Tuesday Chat

Good morning. Just checked out yesterday's list and realized I must make that rum cake this morning. That's why I chose today's title! The darn cake has to mellow so I need to do it this morning.

Yesterday was busy but successful. I actually won the struggle with the bank! It helped to have a list of what had transpired during my meetings with them along with things I need done. Tonight is the first fund-raising Bingo for the soccer club and I really needed cash for the float. (The Girls' Soccer Team is planning a trip to Sweden in 2010 and are into major fundraising.)

Just realize I also forgot the dogs' heartworm meds yesterday although I did have my first allergy shot - and have a sore arm to prove it.

Rain is happening yet again here today. I have faith that it will eventually stop and my garden will be tilled and planted. I may have green beans in time for Thanksgiving.

Time to tackle the cake. I knew there was a reason not to put the oven on auto-clean this morning!

Hope your Tuesday is temptation free.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It looks like another beautiful day is going to happen here. T-storms are expected for the afternoon, though, so the Polo game may be cancelled.
I saw something very interesting yesterday. We took the golf cart way out in one of the back pastures to look at a bee swarm in a tree! It was amazing! Almost 2 feet wide and about a foot high, that's a lot of bees! We're going to keep watch to see if they stay there and build a hive. I told Cindy we could have our own supply of raw honey!

Today is my Thursday, and I'm really looking forward to my trip to Bar Harbor later this week. I can hardly wait! I just hope we have dry weather while we're there, but we won't let that stop us from enjoying ourselves.

Ruth, do you think you'll ever get that garden planted this summer? Should I bring my garden gloves and straw hat?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It has been an extremely early morning for me and I'm just trying to go with the flow. Good title for today, Ruth since I'm making jelly today and will be sloshing the sugar around in major quantities. I read your recipe for the rum cake. Sounds yummy! Wish I could join you for Bingo. I've been cleaning the kitchen preparing for my project. I'm ultra careful when I cook for others because of the animals.

Mom is leaving today and I can get back to my usual routine. She, too, enjoys the pool so we're heading in to water aerobics which starts at 7:30 during the summer. It's sprinkling again so I think my bike will have to sit it out.

We're going to transplant strawberries then make several batches of chokecherry jelly. I promised some to my friend as a surprise to her hiking group. They planted 2 Canadian Bird Cherries for a friends' memorial several years ago. They have gotten quite big-we pick on the bottom and leave most of the cherries for the birds.

I look forward to hearing what's up with everyone today. It really helps me to keep in touch. I continue to be grateful as I stay on plan another day.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sun is out and it looks like a lovely day today.

Ruth- It's been so cold my beans haven't even sprouted yet so you aren't missing anything.

Cottage - Happy Thursday The Boston forecast is nice for Saturday, hope that means the Maine forecast is too!

Debbie - Happy jelly making.I bet you get some interesting birds in those cherries

So today is my one year maintenance anniversary One year ago this morning I stepped on the scale and saw 145 for the very first time in my life. I was probably that weight when I was in my pre-teens but never got on the scale. Today the scale gifted me with 135.4. I'm more excited about this milestone than I was about reaching goal because this is the thing I've never been able to do. My gift to myself is joining the National Weight Control Registry because I know how much the little bits of research on successful maintaining has meant to me. I've said it before, if I could do it in my late 40s after a lifetime of obesity then anyone can do it. I love this way of life!

Other than that a normal day at the office for me
Old 06-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  

CONGRATULATIONS, Cyndi! You are an inspiration to the rest of us!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yes, Cyndi, Congratulations. I am going to check out the National Weight Control Registry. You are truly an inspiration for me right now.

Cottage, fascinating about the bees. It will be interesting to see how their life progresses. Have a great trip to Bar Harbor. I'll look it up on the map today.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Cottage- I wish I could have seen the bees! How interesting!

Ruth- that cake does sound wonderful! Here is some for you! I know I would need it to stay away!!!

Cyndi-:congrats: you have been an inspiration to me and so many others I know! Keepit up sister- you are truly amazing!

Lex- I can totally relate to cleaning the kitchen when preparing for others, we have 4 cats and 2 dogs& that equals lots of hair! not appetizing if one gets in your food!

Well, I am up bright and early this morning to work at the fitness center at work. I am kind of wishing I hadn't volunteered all of these hours! I have a training here today as well so I should get out about noon- then home to lay the tile that dh cut yesterday... I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this project! P1 we good so far yesterday for me! I am on it again today- breakfast was a few nuts and v8 since I was running out the door this morning late as always!

Hope all you ladies have a great OP day!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Everyone!

I've been up since 5 this morning. My kitchen was a wreck, but I didn't have the strength to tackle it last night. It's all shiny and clean now, and I've folded two loads of laundry. Not too bad for a Tuesday morning.

Ruth, Be strong! My problem wouldn't be the cake so much. But the rum.... Wonder if it would be good in coffee?

Cottage, Cool about the bees! I love seeing nature. We saw a huge flock (?) of turkey not too long ago. It was neat!

Lexxiss, Is a chokecherry a type of cherry? I've never had that.

Cyndi, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've always heard that maintaining is harder than losing. You did a great job! Were you always a vegetarian?

Me, I bought myself a new swimsuit for my birthday. It came in yesterday. Usually, I buy black suits. This one is berry pink. It actually looks pretty good! It has a built in DDD underwire bra. Talk about hard to find! I'm very excited about it.

Auston's t-ball league is having its tournament. Last night, they won their first game. Jeff said Auston played like a champ. He hit two balls to the fence. He also caught one grounder, threw it to first, and got someone out! I see a baseball career in his future.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday!

Ruth - Sounds like you've got quite the tasty cake making ahead of you. I hope you're able to stay strong!

Cottage - Bees scare me....I don't think I could be as close to them as you were. However, on the other hand, how cool for you to see that in action. Nature is so amazing to watch!

Lexxiss - Stay strong today making the jelly. Sounds like a fun project!

Cyndi - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome that you've been so successful. Thank you for staying around and being a great mentor for the rest of us!!!!

Rikki - Have fun laying tile today. How fun to be doing home projects! I'm sure it will be lovely when you're done with it!

Chelby - Good for you for finding a swimsuit that you like. That can be such a difficult purchase. Glad to hear that you like it!

Me - So we're back from Portland yesterday. Had a wonderful time in the city. The city has a great public transportation system and a lot of people just simply walk, so Rich and I walked and walked and walked while we were in town. It was really good for both of us! So I've got a lot of work to catch up on today and for the rest of the week. Then on Friday we head out to the Balloon and Wine Festival with my family. Should be lots of fun.
I made up a menu for this week and I'm planning on sticking to it to the letter. And I"m really going to try to stay focused over the weekend. I need to be sure to bring approved snacks so I'm not too tempted.
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

busy busy busy happy-sounding chicks!
congratulations Cyndi! I hope to be right there with you in the weight loss registry some day. It's amazing that your body decided to let go of more weight while you were in maintenance.

Work today of course, and a Vet appt this afternoon for my kitty. I was thinking about strawberry picking after school but it's supposed to rain, so we'll see. If I don't go today, it'll have to wait until Sunday, as DD1 has dress rehearsals and dance recitals every night from tomorrow through Saturday.

Kierie and I are trying to arrange a get-together next week, when I'll be in her neighborhood on business. I'm pretty excited about that!

Have a good one chicks.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #11  
sophie

good morning.

Ruth - one of my friend's baked the rum cake for a potluck ones. Its to die for but not right now.

Cottage - I am allergic to bee bites therefore scared, scared of them. Bet you can't wait to see your lovely granddaughter.

Cyndi - congratulations, you are such a roll model here. Its amazing but I know that lots of hard work is involved too and you are an inspiration to me too.

Rikki - you are busy today and laying tiles is hard work.

Debbie - have fun making jelly. Does it take a long time. I always make my own jams but have never tried jelly.

Heather - so nice to see you back. Glad you enjoyed Portland as in Oregon I assume. Did you go to the rose gardens?

Schmoodles - picking strawberries already. I think we have about 5 more weeks to wait if this rain ever stops.

me - I'm busy busy with my garden and house work plus weaving my baby blanket. Oh yes, and my peonies are also blooming. They are close to the house so they always bloom about a week ahead of everyone elses. They have peony rings around them and this stops them from falling down.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #12  

Schmoodle, I used to have a row of peonies that were gorgeous until it rained, then they would droop and look awful. I tried all sorts of things to stake them up, but nothing worked well. I finally dug them all out a few years ago, but I do miss them. I have a peony tree, though, that does really well but the flowers are different from the regular peonies. More crepe-like, but very pretty. I've heard there is a variety of peonies with a stronger stalk that won't droop, and I hope to find them in a nursery around here some day.

We had a heavy thunderstorm early this afternoon, but then it cleared up enough for us to go strawberry picking at a friend's farm. I hope you get to go picking this evening, Schmoo! There's nothing like the taste of a sun-warmed just picked berry.
Closed Thread