Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #1  
Mining right right now...

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'4

Unhappy n-e-body grades are slipping?

Okay long story short. I have been struggling with weight all my life and it has reflected poorly on my grades for the past 5 years!!!!! I know I have the potential to do waayy better. Every semester I say that I will be well organized and balance school with working out and weight loss, but every semester my grades suck. So this summer semester I am putting the extra effort to lose at least half my weight before school starts because I feel like I can't progress without my extreme body issues being resolved.It is either I am doing well in school but gain enormous weight or lose weight and my grades fall. That being said I don't feel the need to talk to a professional because I know what the answer for myself will be. But I want to know is there anybody else life being sabotage by their weight because I am feeling very alone on this topic.
dymondndruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #2  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

my grades always correlated with my weight too, only the opposite of yours. during the semesters i was working out daily, my grades improved. during the other semesters when i was too busy to work out or my schedule was crazy and i wasn't eating right, my grades dropped. i think mine had to do with my scheduling, but i noticed a trend as well. it's good you've acknowledged it and are willing to make a change.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well at least you have a whole summer to work on it!

Good luck.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #4  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I started my offical WW journey the week before finals last year. The next semester my grades were higher than they had ever been (anything was an improvement). When I graduated school in december my weight plateued out. Its crazy, I am having to refigure out how to get the uummmphh back to get seriously loosing again. Yes I had a major correlation in mental health to academic health. It was sad.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

I think that the key lies in time management. If you're working out and eating healthfully during the semester, you should already be more alert in class and simply feel better - so theoretically, your grades should improve. However, if you are not handling your time well, you might be wasting it instead of using it to finish schoolwork.

Try making a schedule that includes exercise time as well as study time. Most importantly, DON'T PROCRASTINATE! Even if you have as little as half an hour free, get some work done.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #6  
Mining right right now...

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'4

I definitely agree with time management, but I let this whole weight issue consume EVERY PART of my life and I just simply let things go. But know I realize I have to take control. It just sucks that I wasted so much time and tears. But I guess in a weird way I am appreciating the struggle and that will help me to keep it off once and for all.
dymondndruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

yea, my grades tended to take a dive when I was dieting just because it was consuming so much energy just thinking about food and planning my meals. Also because I have an easier time studying when I can eat as much as I want of ANYTHING. Lol. However, some small habits were easy to maintain during school and didn't affect my grades: Running 3x a week (following a 10km training plan). It was a great stress release. As well as cutting out only one type of junk food (ie, candy) while everything else is still okay.
You don't have to do it all at once!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #8  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

My grades and health seem to be correlated but in the opposite way. I'm like Amyleigh, where the term where I take the time to eat right and exercise.. I also seem to do better with studying and getting to class. However, there have been terms when I just seemingly give up, I don't exercise, I don't eat right, I won't go to bed on time, I don't want to study because I feel like crap. So basically, either everything is really good.. or its really bad. I'm hoping this summer is going to be really good!
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote