Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #76  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Heya - I'd like to introduce myself as well. I recently lost my job but i'm not too bothered (though I probably should be) because now I have taken it upon myself to get some proper exercise in the day, prepare good healthy meals and watch my calorie intake and get the house in order because it is a complete mess. I absolutely hate having a 9 - 5 office job because I'm just sat all day in front of a computer and I never eat very well either. Then when I get home I'm too tired to do much - tired from doing nothing but sitting all day! - and as a result the house is a complete tip! So I'm taking this opportunity to get my house and my own body sorted out! (I am looking for jobs as well but it definitely doesn't hurt having some time off).

It's great actually because my fiance works as a postie in the mornings and I've been going to work with him the last few days and that's really great exercise and it gets me out of the house and into the fresh air. Plus more time with him

So yeah, that's my story, lol

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 05-27-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #77  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome BATB, nice to have you with us
Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #78  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi BATB - nice to meet you.

Big hug to everyone this week.

Sending special thoughts for Judomom - I have no words, I am so sorry for your loss.

Heather - thanks for letting us know the sad news.

Meanwhile I've sunk - either into a deep depression or a really big pint of Hagendas. At least, I seem to be trying to eat my way out.

Take care everyone;
Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #79  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

BIG to everyone.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #80  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

I've been gone a few days, nothing serious just busy. My tests weren't good. My cholesterol is up over last year and of course I still need my thyroid meds. The strange thing was the a couple of liver tests were slightly elevated. I don't know what is up with that. I have to be retested in 6 weeks to see if it goes back to normal.

I MUST start exercising daily to try to get my cholesterol under control before my dr. puts me on medication for it. I don't want to take anything else. I've done my eliptical the last couple of days. It's a start.

Amarie, I hope you find your way out of this soon. Take care of yourself and maybe do some cardio to get the endorphins going. I'm sure that's just what you feel like doing. LOL

Big hugs again JUDOMOM. Still praying for you and your family.

Momof4, I've never heard of the potatoes vs prozac diet.

WELCOME BATB, can't wait to get to know you better.

MissRicer, I feel your pain with the debt situation. Just do what you are able to do about it, make a plan, then try not to dwell on it. Easier said than done I know.

Heather, you feeling better yet?

Buddly, the snow is so beautiful, not what you want I know but beautiful never the less.

Hugs to everybody else who needs them.

Last edited by hope4me; 05-27-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Hope i am sad I was waiting for you to post I thought you would be excited I was back....LOL..Nope I got one sentence..LOL...but hey thats better than nothing right!!!!

Ok well had a good night at youth....getting ready for a lockin friday night!!!

Gonna go to bed and read!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #82  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, and to our newest members!

Hope, I'm working at about 60% capacity, and worn out at the end of the days, but I am SO much better than I was last week that I am plodding along. It's been a very LOOOOOOONG time since I was that sick - seriously, $50 bills could have been falling from the sky and I would have stayed in bed thinking 'I don't care.'

Hang in there chicks - we're plodding through, nearly to June!!

Heather
Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #83  
Starting Again

Momof4, I'm so sorry. I have been reading daily but what's in my head doesn't always show up on a post. I've been so tired I haven't posted much. I will let you know however that when I saw that you had posted I was on the phone with a friend and I immediately told her I had to go so I could read your post. The curiosity was killing me.

I've written a few 'where are you's' in my posts while you were gone so I should get some brownie points for that right? Either way I'm glad you are back and ok.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

HOPE-Yeah when I was catching up on the post I had missed I did see you asked where I was that is why I figured you would be sooo excited I finally posted again!!!

So yeah long day but feel accomplished. I think this is the first time I cleaned the WHOLE house in a single day. With the kids it is impossible to get the upstairs and downstairs all in one day. I completely scrubbed the kitchen even under the fridge and stove!!! Scrubbed down the table and chairs, scrubbed the plastic mat under the table, swept everywhere, cleaned two bathrooms, cleaned the boys room, cleaned my room, cleaned girls room, swept the whole upstairs...but yeah I felt very accomplished and tired!!!

I am gonna go read and hopefully dose off quickly!!! Tomorrow night is the lockin for my youth. I still have more stuff to prepare for that before tomorrow night so I got a busy day. Then the saturday the boys have a field trip to Delgrosso's (amusement park). That will be fun on NO SLEEEP.... I am glad I am young and can keep up with all this but I tell you when I get older and kids are gone...I wont know what to do...

Ok have a good night everyone!!!

OH YEAH PS....ONE WEEK TILL THE BEACH!!!! YAAAA A much needed vacation..our first family vaca!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 05-29-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #85  
Starting Again

Momof4, the whole house in one day? I'm impressed, especially with kids.

I took a nap after work and had a wave of depression wash over me when I got up. I don't know why, not that we usually do know. I had worked out a couple of days but missed the last two. I don't know if I crashed after that or if I'm upset at myself for not exercising. I wanted to try to do at least 30 minutes a day of something. I plan to do a good workout tomorrow since I'm off. I really just need to follow through with my cholesterol situation.

Anybody doing anything this weekend?

Last edited by hope4me; 05-29-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #86  
Starting Again

I did get my longer workout in today. I'm glad for that. This day flew by and it's back to work tomorrow. We saw the disney movie 'UP' today. I was suprised at how depressing it was. It was great but sad at the same time. The end was positive but it definitely makes you think.

Judomom, still thinking about you today. How is your doggie feeling?

What are the rest of you up to?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 AM   #87  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Well here I am.........yay. My last few hours of freedom. At least this is my short week. Gotta keep repeating that. lol

We were gonna have a cook out with all of our friends in a couple weeks, but I decided I really don't want it. Mostly because our "Friends" really aren't our "friends". They would only come for the free food and to be nosy to see the house. So I don't want that. I want people to come over who want to spend time with us. So we're not doing it.

I dunno I just really haven't felt like being around people lately. I guess mostly I am just fed up with all the fake crap that people try to feed me, like they really care, I know better.

Anywho, hate for this to sound "Depressing" but that is how I feel I guess. lol.

Ta Ta for now!
Closed Thread