Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 07:49 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of October 20!!!

Angie-U beat me awake this morning!!!!!

Good Morning all!!!!
Feeling more energetic today..Guess resting all weekend vs working makes a difference...REally couldnt sleep cuz Ms Kaleigh is really tearing up my ribs from the inside at night...She does soo much kicking and moving and squeezing the bladder...The funniest thing is..when she get the hiccoughs-drives me crazy cuz my belly button(outie now)grows with every little jump and then goes back where it started..Looks really funny with a tight shirt on!!! Picked up the dresser yesterday, now just waiting for the armoir...They said 8 weeks and it has been 3 already..If it doesnt make it, thats ok, cuz the bed and dresser are here!!!!

WEll, off to get my 1 cup of caffeine a day!!!Like she needs that one!!!!
Take care all!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 10-20-2002 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:53 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Looks like we have a bunch of early birds today, first Angie, then RR!! No more sleeping in, huh?!

Angie- That is soo cool about all the b-days on the same day! In my family, we have a lot of July birthdays, and we just have one big party. My Gran and I are on the 17th, which also used to include our old poodle, my DH is the 19th, my aunt and a cousin are the 11th, and another cousin is the 27th!

RR- I had the worst night's sleep last night. I tossed and turned all night, and felt like my whole body was aching.

I worked for about 4 hrs yesterday, cleaning and reorganizing our bedroom. Most of the junk in there was my clothes that I had to go through and put in bags what is summer and just doesn't fit anymore. Once I found the floor, I vacuumed and had DH help me move a couple pieces of furniture around so we could fit the bassinett in the corner. I put my 2 matching garage sale lamps in there, one on my night table and one on his dresser. It looks so much better now! What a difference a clean bedroom makes!

DH went through most of the boxes he had in the living room (that were in the baby's room), that need to go to my mom's basement. We're taking those over today. I think most of them are comic books, but there's a lot of art supplies too. DH found a picture he painted of 2 little dalmation puppies playing with a fireman's helmet. It's soo adorable, we're going to hang that on the wall in Petey's room.

My body aches soo bad today, I don't want to go to mom's, but we've been putting it off too long, and it's supposed to be nice today. I have to go through the things of mine in her garage for the garage sale, which we were supposed to do today, but is put off until November now, because of the weather and laziness!

Oh well, hope everyone's doing good! Have a great day all!!
Old 10-20-2002, 06:03 PM   #3  

hi all.

I am home again for a few days. I have a family member who is going to go into rehab this next week - that's where I've been - doing the preparations with them, an assessment appt. and etc. Anyway, so I am leaving on Thursday and will probably be gone most of the next month. I will be taking care of the children. It is all very painful but it is a very good thing that this is happening, it needs to be done. Please include her and her family in your prayers.

Jul - hope the boys are enjoying their tennis.

Angie - Hooray for you on the loss! ~ Too weird about the family birthdays all on the same day.

Liz - sorry your BIL has had such a tough time and I'm glad to hear he is okay.

Greek - so does your post say you have a new job and a new house?? I was a little confused!

Karen - hope you're enjoying the Las Vegas trip.

RR - I've forgotten, why is dh going to China and for how long? ~ Nice that you sounded so chipper today!

Tech - Belated Birthday Wishes to you!

Lauren - doesn't it feel great to have a room organized?

Have a great week all.

Rabbit
Old 10-20-2002, 06:46 PM   #4  

Rabbit: thanks for taking the time to be there for your family. Rehab time is rough on everyone but so worth it in the end - I have an aunt who has been thru 3 rehabs for drinking problems. This time she has been sober 4 years...I think she is going to make it

Today was a good day. I took the boys down into the wilds of Arkansas. Scenic Hwy 7 is stunningly beautiful in full fall color. We enjoyed a 2 hr drive thru the "Boston Mountains" and found my dads camp. He and a few buddies are bear hunting this week. The boys and I hiked a creek and the waterfalls area. We had a fish fry with the "mighty hunters" (who have not seen a bear yet this year). Then had that crazy 2 hr drive back home. The 3 of us have had baths and are already in our jammies. (its only 6).

I am so struggling with food right now!! So disappointed in myself. I'm maintaining - just not losing.

- jul
Old 10-22-2002, 03:19 AM   #5  

Hi Girls,
Haven't been "regular" at all. Work, home, etc, you know the drill...
Newest episode of Greece Today says:
1. Definitely-Ex-BF is leaving, at least looking for a house (?), have not seen him around that much which is so much the better, so I can't take pity (on what?, you'd say, god knows I'm a softie/wet hen, I cry at Bambie and the sound of music.)
2. Gotta Job, now only the details have to be worked out.
3. Sent some more CV's, just in case. Will keep doing so.

Rabbit, very nice to help out with the rehab. Keep in touch from time to time if you can!

Jul, don't feel bad about yourself. Go read LintaT's new article in the Library. I found a lot of things I do are there! I love going out hiking! I am really jealous! Here it's not been a real autumn (except for in the mountains, where first snow has already fallen), and I'm thinking to go swimming this weekend. it's a long weekend as 28 Oct. is a national holiday (WW2 related).
Was at "Beauty and Diet" yesterday, a series of slimming and beauty salons here in Greece (people prefer shelling out for "fast solutions" and slimming miracle machines, rather than a good eating plan and exercize: they're SO LAZY they make me want to smack them!).
They work like this: They talk you up on the streets and take your tel #, say that you have "won a facial or 2 weeks program" (This is actually true), so you go there, have a talk with a (generally snobby) "consultant" who tries to persuade you to take a program that costs about 800 $ for 2 months (this was only the facials!!!), and you can pay with CC so NOOOOOO problem at all, right! WRONG! They first make you feel inferior about your body/face so you give in and then BOOM! they make you poor too! I HATE THIS KIND OF MARKETING! IT MAKES ME SICK! So I take revenge: every time I get an invitation like this, I go and let them waste their time 1 1/2 hours while offering me free coffee (hold the cakes), and then I get a free facial into the bargain (next week). This is my personal sweet revenge on the beauty industry on behalf of all women who were duped. Picture me sitting there, smiling shyly, listening to various sales talk (very instructive, free seminar!) from this woman saying how good I look BUT HOW MUCH BETTER I WOULD LOOK WITH THAT FAT OFF, says this thin-but flabby woman, and I am laughing inside, and in the end after a long long talk I spontaneously decide "I'd rather not, this is a difficult period for me and I don't have the $ to spare right now". What do you think? Nice revenge? Comments and critics below! I have done this twice up to now and it feels good anyway, and I'm not robbing anyone of their income either. It kind of makes up for all the nasty remarks I had and the expensive useless crash diets/gimmicks I bought over the years...

Friday, I'll be away anyway, as I have an extra "gig" touring around a Canadian couple for a day. Should be fun!

Love to all for now (and where are you anyway???),

MadGreek (but not flabby)

Last edited by Greekgirl; 10-22-2002 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:55 AM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Just a quickie before heading off to work!!!! I have a sonagram today to see Ms Priss again!!! I am soo excited cuz it has been 11 weeks!!! DH can take a pic to China when he leaves tomorrow morning!!!
Have a great day all!!!!
RR
Old 10-22-2002, 06:34 AM   #7  

Have fun, RR!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:09 AM   #8  

Hi everyone!! Things are going well here. BIL is out of the hospital and learning how to eat right and exercise -- a new concept for him. I started my new workout routine at the gym this week and my leg muscles are very sore today. It involves jumping back and forth between weights and cardio machines for one hour so it's a great variety -- I really love it. My first 5K is this Friday evening so I'm anxious to see how I do. I jogged for 33 minutes on Sunday so I should be okay. It wasn't easy by any means!!! I'm so short and stubby I don't think running will ever get any easier for me!! After this year I will probably stop going more than a mile or two jogging. I'm just not cut out for it -- boobs too big, legs too short!!

RR, good luck with your sonogram. Sorry DH is leaving you for now. Tell Kaleigh to stay in there until he gets home.

GG, Yeah XBF is leaving and getting a job!! Have fun with your facial. Good job taking advantage of the freebie. I don't have the patience to listen to their sales pitch.

Jul, your drive sounds wonderful. This is the time that I don't like living in FL. I really miss the sight, smell, and sound of fall. It's such a beautiful thing!! Stand ankle deep in the colorful leaves and take a deep breath for me. I can relate with your maintaining. I've decided I can only lose weight the first four months of the year. Right now my goal is to make it thru the holidays without a gain. I'll be happy to maintain.

Rabbit, good luck with your family. I will include them in my prayers. Just remember you are doing a wonderful thing for someone. Check in with us when you have a chance.

LBH, your post made me tired!!! No one should have to work that hard on a weekend. Especially someone who's pregnant. I hope you had an opportunity to get some rest.

I'm doing so-so on the eating. I'm trying to watch my portions more so than anything else. I made pumpkin pies last weekend and every bite tastes like heaven!!! Has anyone else in here been reading Griller's journal??? He is an amazing writer -- very entertaining. He's got a great attitude and has several 3FC members tuning in daily for his updates. Check him out if you have a few minutes.

Have a great week everyone!! My work is going to get nuts starting tomorrow so I'm really trying to enjoy today.
Liz
Old 10-22-2002, 09:26 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Just a quick check in, had to take the cat to the vet this AM. He's got some sort of abcess or something under his neck. They are keeping him because they have to put him under to check him out (because he's such a rotten patient!!) Even just to take his temp, they have to, never mind shaving the area to see!! He's such a bad boy at the vet's. They said they'd call me in a little bit, but to call around noon if I don't hear from them. Guess I'm taking a half day, maybe the whole day. I don't even know what I have left to take!! I may have to start working Saturday's to make up for it!!

I don't have the energy to reply right now, I'm emotionally drained from the AM soo far, and it's only 9:30. Darn PG hormones...
Old 10-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #10  

Hi everyone. I'm new here so I will do a little intro if that's ok. this is my 1st time on a "fat" board and as I browse through the posts I already feel at home. I am almost 32 yrs old. As Oprah says....claim your age, you own each and everyone of those years! I am married and have 3 kids, well 4 actually counting my step daughter who lives very far away. I am over weight. My DH says I am gorgeous no matter what but that is not what I see when i look in the mirror. I am 5'8" and weigh about 157. It's not the weight, it's my size. I have been a size 8 most of my life and I want to be that again. I am currently a 12. I want to go back to work, but all my "office attire" are size 8. We are boke and I mean BROKE so I can't afford to buy any new clothes right now. I guess I wil have to look elsewhere for a job where I can wear "street clothes". Not that I have that much of them either but..... (BTW, I love clothes!!! I miss my cute clothes . A new job has to pay enough to be worth my while, ya know. Day Care is expensive!! Anyway, enough rambling about that.

I joined a gym in February weighing in at 164. My youngest was only 3 months old then. By Spring I had lost 14 lbs. I was so happy. I could fit into my size 10s and I was looking much better. Or feeling much better about myself I guess I should say. Then I had a terrible reaction to some fire ant bites and was unable to workout for a couple of weeks then the big floods came (in Texas in July) and I was unable to drive to the gym then I couldn't afford my membership anymore so I didn't work out all summer and gained most of the weight back. The worst part is that we live with my inlaws. That a whole 'nother problem in itself. My inlaws love to cook with oil...lots of it. If I want to eat something more healthy than them then I have to make my dinner seperate...that's fine, but I can't afford to cook 2 meals each night. If I cook something light and healthy then they complain. I bought some fresh green beans the other day. Was looking forward to steaming them with some onion. I walked into the kitchen and my MIL had already tossed them in a frying pan with a buttload of bacon. ARGH!!!! I am sick of fixing myself turkey sandwiches everynight while I watch everyone else eat enchiladas, tamales, fried chicken tenders, pork chops and gravy, etc. It's torture...LOL!!!

Well, that's my story for now. I hope to get to know each of you well. Oh yeah, I can't figure out how to use the smiles, etc.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:34 AM   #11  

hi all.

Just a quick check in before I run off to do errands. I'm leaving again tomorrow but have gotten lots done since I came home and I'm ready. I should be able to come home for a few days the weekend of the 1st - someone to relieve me coming for a few days. I'll check in from there as I can. I did awful there eating-wise last week. I don't know what's wrong with me, I keep gaining this year.

Jul - glad your aunt looks like she's going to make it this time, that she's been through rehab 3 times is scarey for me. ~ sounds like a wonderful drive with the boys.
Greek - congrats on the job. ~ Enjoy that free facial.

RR - enjoy the sonogram!

Liz - good luck on the new workout and on that 5k!!
Kesco - welcome to the group!

Rabbit
Old 10-22-2002, 12:53 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! I'm back from Las Vegas. I must say I am so glad to be home. Vegas is not for me. It was full of cigarette smoke and people walking around with HUGE drinks (read drunk). They say people in NY are rude, but I found Vegas extemely rude. I think they just come in from all over and loose all inhibitions. Anyway, thank God I'm home. The wedding was nice, there was an Elvis impersonator for entertainment at the reception. We did do Hoover dam and Lake Mead. That was nice. I really enjoyed that part.

RR: Good luck at the sonogram. Hope that Kaleigh is cooperative.
Sorry that DH is leaving. I must have missed that from the other thread. How long will he be gone?

GG: Yippee on the job. That must be a load off of your mind. Are you still looking for a place since BF is now looking for another place? Hope it works out well for you.

Liz: I'm so glad that your BIL is doing better!! Yeah on the no heart damage. Now comes the hard part of learning to eat better and exercise. I think we can all relate to that. Sounds like you are doing awesome with the exercise.

Lauren: Sorry you are having a bad day with the cat. Sure hope you don't have to work on Saturdays. That would be a bummer. I have to work a couple of Saturdays a year and I really hate it.

Kesco: Welcome to the group. You will find lots of support here. Good luck with the dinners!!

Rabbit: Sorry that you will be away for awhile but thank goodness you are available and willing to help. I think you are earning a few extra stars for your crown in heaven. Hope things go smoothly.

Sure hope that all the cigarette smoke I breathed over the weekend wasn't harmful to Peanut! I go back to the doctor on Friday. I sure hope he lets me go back to work. I'm bored!! Speaking of pg hormones, on the flight back home yesterday I had a ladies knees in my back for the longest time and I actually yelled at her. I NEVER do stuff like that. I usually suffer in silence, well if you don't consider muttering to myself or my traveling companion. OK, gonna go clean the bathroom now. Have a great evening.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:36 PM   #13  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

My b-day turned out ok. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I was just in a funk over the weekend. I really need to get back to counting and journaling my food. So starting tomorrow (I know why not today....) I am going to get back to it. We have ww tonight, but I'm still not looking. All my pants are fitting looser, so I think I'm doing better. I think if I do this again I might just go 6 instead of 12 weeks.

RR - Hope the sonogram went well. Hope DH's trip works out for both of you .

Liz - I could never live in FL would really miss the seasons. Good luck with the new work out and the 5K

GG - Congrats on the new job .

Kesco - Welcome!!!

Rabbit - I hope everything works out for your family member, you are so great to help out.

LBH - Yea on organizing a room. Wish I could say the same.

Karen - Welcome back, sorry you didn't enjoy LV. That's on the list of places I'd like to go someday.

Jul - Your day sounded like a blast. Remember maintaining is better than gaining .

Well, gotta go my sister is coming over to put together the invites for the b-day party for my mom.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 10-22-2002, 06:51 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Zeusmonster update: He's home and it looks like he's got a tracheotomy!! The vet shaved his whole neck area and felt around and pushed on some bump, and out popped this thing that looks like a hair ball!! She said she's never seen anything like it!! It's the size of a jelly bean. She is calling it a dermoid cyst. That's something that is a foreign object growning where it's not supposed to. She's sending it out for biopsy, to find out what it is. All in all, our little visit today cost me $331.50!! I have to give him antibiotics via dropper starting Thursday and I have to clean the area with warm water or peroxide everyday. That will gross me out a little, but I think I can handle it. He was a little groggy when I brought him home, and he's passed out somewhere now, but otherwise he seems OK.

Tech- Good luck getting back on track, you can do it!!

Karen- At least there were parts of the vacation you enjoyed. LV has never been on my list of places to visit.

Rabbit- Hope you're able to get back on track this week. You can do it!!

Kesco- Welcome! Sounds like you've got a big obstacle there with your in-laws...good luck to you!!

Liz- Glad to hear BIL is doing soo much better! No, I haven't checked out too many of the journals! Heck, I barely have time for my own!

RR- How'd the U/S go? Was missy showing off for you?! I can't wait to see my little man again, maybe I'll see if I can get one for before Thanksgiving.

GG- Do tell more about the new job! Glad to hear ex-bf is finding his own place.

Jul- Sound like you all had a great time!

Oh well, I made a good dent cleaning up the living room today, but it's mostly DH's stuff, so he really needs to do it. Have a great evening all!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:45 AM   #15  

Bye all! I hope to check in some. Would really like to focus on what I'm eating when I'm there and not gain weight. Wish me luck!

Rabbit
Closed Thread