South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tgif!

I guess I slept well last night, as the yard is full of debris, but I didn't hear a thing. It's looking like another storm is about to happen since it's getting darker and darker as I type this! I have to leave in about an hour to take my car in for an oil change and tire rotation, but I'm wishing I hadn't made the appointment.

I don't have anything on the agenda for this afternoon, so we'll see how the day plays out. This week went fast, though, didn't it?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I sure need that coffee this morning after a disturbed night. There seems to be a cat convention being held on my front porch these early mornings!

We are heading into our third day of four days of rain. Yesterday was very bad with four power outages. I gave up trying to cope and went to town to shop for a while....nothing exciting, just some house paint. It's bad enough to not be able to garden but not being able to cook, sew or even flush is very frustrating. I'm counting on today being better.

Except for a quick trip to the next town for a prescription pick-up, I'm going to be at my desk or on the phone most of the day. I have a couple or reports to do, need to set up some appointments and will spend some time negotiating the replacement of my kitchen floor. When Hershey had her bleeding tail, I used that liquid bandage on it. It looks like clear nailpolish. Some of it got spilled and spattered from tail wagging and I now have spots on my floor that are turning darker and darker. I guess my clean-up wasn't complete. I am not looking forward to the mess of having a floor replaced but....

Sheesh! I sound grumpy. Maybe another coffee will fix that.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage- ew. I need to get the car in too. Darned. Hope you get a bit of sunshine today!

Ruth - Yeesh, are this many power outages normal for you? Those tail injuries are horrible!! I've had some take over a month to heal, and sometimes, it looks like you murdered someone! (by the blood splatters) Hope you get a bit of sunshine today!

Me - TGIF!!!! Yeesh, I'm in need of a weekend. I really want to sleep in tomorrow, do you think I can??!! (I've had the inability since having children to sleep late). Nothing big on the agenda. I think I might try swimming instead of running today, since it's going to be really muggy, and I need to start doing multiple activities.

ENJOY!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
I was glad for the reminder that it is Friday. Yow!

Ruth, I'm sorry to hear your day got off to a rough start. I hope you feel better and that you feel a sense of accomplishment in all you do today.

Cottage, glad you got some good rest amidst the chaos of outside. Have a great day whatever you do...and yes it was a fast week.

Twynn, enjoy your swim , and I hope you get to sleep in tomorrow.

Cyndi, Any Rhubarb recipes? I'm looking for a cake I can put in a 9x12 and take to a potluck. Have a great day.

Me, I'm in ISpgs. We made the drive last night to check on the house and p/u mail. I'm going to take a walk with Lexxiss and check out the yard. It's been 2 weeks. When we pulled up I could smell iris and lilac. I only have 2 days here, but need to be careful with my food. 23yr old stepdaughter has the dorito stash. I had a hard afternoon yesterday, wanting to snack on junk, but I got through it by reading goal stories, and felt much better after.

Hi to all of you yet to visit, and thanks for all the support! It really makes a difference to me.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Sounds like quite a little storm last night. This week has flown by and it's almost the weekend

Ruth - I sure hope your power stays on. It's so frustrating when you can't get anything done because you're waiting for the power to come back.

Twynn - I still can't sleep in so hope you have better luck!

I'm off to a meeting in alittle while. Keeping that this turns into something. I learned about a gardening/nutrition program for child care that I would love to implement in our area. Of course it would take money to do it. It's a great program and I would really enjoy getting it going so I hope the conversation is positive

After that it's just get through the day until the weekend starts
Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies! TGIF! It's FINALLY done raining!!!! Sunday-Thursday was plenty of rain for me, especially having to take the dogs out on the leash once an hour.

Little Guy is going down south with his grandma this weekend so it's just me, Tommy, and the doggies. Mom and Dad will come get them Monday. God love them, they're so cute, but Tom and I just aren't sleeping well with them here. I'm starting to feel better, but Tom just can't seem to get used to them. They're growing on him, though. Slowly Oscar is chipping away at the ice around his heart with his little doggie chisel and hammer. Sophie had him at *wagwagwag*.

Gearing up for the weekend! Maybe I'll try to catch some Vitamin D (I'll wear sunscreen, don't worry!) Going to refill my tea and get a start on my day. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage- hope it doesn't pour on you on your way to the oil change.

Ruth- hope that second cup of coffee helped

Twynn- Hope you get your swim in today.

Debbie- Good for you staying op. have a good day

Cyndi- I have my fingers crossed for you as well.

Weezle- Isn't it nice that the rain seems to be finally gone for awhile. I need the sun, but it is still kinda of cloudy down here, but atleast I have the windows open to get some fresh air before it gets to hot this afternoon.

As for me wfh day, getting caught up on reports so that is good. After that I think we are just going to stay home tonight as I have to drive dd1 around to her various activities.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks The meeting went really well and we are hoping to pull together funding to pilot the project starting after the 1st of the year. It's a combination of gardening and nutrition that I am really excited about. It doesn't hurt that it ensures more work for me and my team.

Debbie - Good morning Cottage and Ruth are the bakers around here. I'm too lazy for baking!

Lisa - Enjoy your weekend grown-up time

Pearl - Hope your wfh day is more productive than mine

I made the tomatillo black bean soup again when it cooled down this week. It's very good with a bag of chopped greens tossed in (I had mustard greens). Okay, off to get some desk work done.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Friends!

Hooray for Friday! Since coming back from the beach, I have not had time to go to the grocery store. Guess what, Jeff and Auston are shopping today!!! I imagine I'll have a kitchen full of oreos and chips, but at least I didn't have to go! I hope they get meat and eggs.

My birthday is next week; and Auston is spending the night with his cousin tomorrow night. I'm going to talk Jeff into taking me to see Star Trek. I was such a Trekker when I was a kid.

The rain has finally stopped here. It's going to be a beautiful weekend. Hope some sunshine comes your way, too.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Chel, Star Trek = Awesome. I wasn't a Trekkie, but even without a lot of the knowledge from watching the original series, it was still a good movie. Tom LOVED it!
Closed Thread