General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #16  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
I think you need to be prepared with a "standard" and "type" of guy that you would like to be with. Then live life and see who you cross paths with. Mind you sitting at home doing nothing wont help. You do need to participate in activities. But do activities you enjoy not just anything cause your on a man hunt. LOL.
Exactly! Sitting at home and conspicuously "not looking" sounds an awful lot like waiting for prince charming to come by on his white steed, which (as we all knows) rarely happens anymore these days!

Back to the OP: Some people may disagree, but I don't believe in the "one soulmate" theory. I think there are lots of possible matches for us in this big world; meeting up with him is sometimes the sticky part! So just be yourself, do the activities that you like, and keep an eye out for him. I have to believe that he is out there for you, just like he is for me. (Hopefully a different guy so we don't have to fight over him, heh).
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And don't forget the old adage, "Be careful what you are looking for, you might find it ".
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #18  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
And don't forget the old adage, "Be careful what you are looking for, you might find it ".

Yep, very true!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 231/226/150

Height: 5'6"

That's true. I need to not search desperately but then again, I can't just give up on the idea altogether. As soon as I turn 21, I expect to be going out more and meeting more people. As of right now, my life is sort of at a stand still. I work a lot but will be starting college in the fall if all goes well. Hopefully I will meet new people there and just expand my circle of friends. But thank you for all your answers.
PatientlyWeighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #20  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, college is one of the best places to meet new people. Take your time choosing the right partner, that's all I would add.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #21  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I do not understand why you are offended at such a remark which wasn't even directed at you.
Maybe she wasn't offended...it's just that when you're on the single side of the fence (and have been for a while) - a lot of times you get tired of hearing the same "stop looking" cliche.

To the OP - I don't have any words of advice, because I'm in the "single and looking" boat - but I think that relationships are a lot like jobs. You won't find a good one if you take any old thing that comes. But remember, I'm in the single boat too - so I might not be the best one to take advice from.

And you're only 21 - so you've got PLENTY of time.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 05-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote