Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face 5 Lb Gain

I was hoping not to gain this much weight over one weekend. I had a family reunion and a Wedding and then Memorial Day. I'm hoping some of it's from sodium and not drinking enough water. Anyone, have some good ideas to use when you overindulged? I'm having trouble getting back on my calorie counting. I don't want to gain anymore so I will need to get tough and get back on plan the rest of the day. It's so hard to take off weight, I'm very upset with myself, for not doing a better job with my eating.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Unless you consumed 17,500 calories more than you spent then it's doubtful that's a true gain! Just start counting calories again right this minute. It'll be gone before you know it.

At any point in this journey, you can keep marching forward, or you can turn around and walk the wrong way. Only one of those choices is going to get you where you want to go!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I agree with the poster above, it most likely is water retention and other things and not truly 5 pounds of fat gain. The scale will tell you lies!

You can hop right back on the weight loss train and continue on the journey!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I agree with the poster's above, it is probably not actual fat, probably just water. Either way, you will get it off again. Don't let it slow you down. It happens
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #5  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Definitely get back on the train and get back to watching your calorie intake. It was merely a bump in the road sweetie.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #6  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Get back on track. It may be hard for a few days to get back into the swing of counting your calories, but after a little while all the cravings will diminish again.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I agree... it's probably mostly just water. Drink lots and lots and most of it should come right off. Get back on plan and the rest should follow!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Spend a few days walking on eggshells. Everytime you want to overindulge, use it as a chance to be aware of yourself, and give yourself and opportunity to eat something healthy.

If you're really hungry, you'll eat that celery (or whatever healthy option). If you're not, think about why you want to eat, and try drinking some lo-cal options or water and see if that helps.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote