Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/253/209

Height: 6 Feet

Default Gastric Bypass - Weight and Laxative Questions

Hello Wonderful People! Today is my 3 month surgeversary! and I am down 82 LBS. I am doing well, trying to go the gym as much as I can. But I am so NOT motivated to go. But I will keep trying. I need to drink more water too. The one BIG problem I am having, and think this is the reason for my weight loss slowing down, is I get very constipated, and can't go for so many days. Any tips on laxatives? Is it safe to take a Correctol Laxative? I have tried prune juice and it does not do much for me but make me pass gas. I dont want that, I just want to GO! Any suggestions?
xbubloox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Xbubloox, and

Hey Congrats on the 82 lbs woweee thats terrific. Here is a recent link to a discussion about using products to help you go.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171355

But the first thing I would have to recommend it talking to your doctor about what is right for you and the surgery you had.

Good to have you with us.... and pardon the slow response.. its a holiday, the weekend and well... you know

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heh, if you find the perfect answer, please let me know! Since surgery (almost 2 months ago), I have been taking 2 stool softeners and 800mg Magnesium Oxide daily, and I STILL don't have a BM every day! I also try to add FiberSure powder to foods when I can.

I have a friend who had a period of constipation after her DS, and she discovered it was her calcium that was binding her up. She switched to a different brand, and things started flowing again. As soon as I run out of the calcium I have now, I will be switching to her new brand!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  

I already took some ex-lax, and and ennima... lol... I am all cleared up now... Thank you though... and what is her new brand? maybe that could be the cause of mine... Thanks all!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

Hi BU!!! good heavens - LOOK AT YOU!!!!! what a difference those 82 lbs make!

now, to add to the info re constipation: DRINK YOUR WATER. yeah - i know that sounds simple - but it's REALLY important when you're constipated.

i've been finding that a handful of chickpeas added to [whatever] works well. REALLY well.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #6  

yeah chick peas has good fiber content... ill have to try that... It seems, when I get constipated, my weight loss slows or stalls... but now that I am emptied out, I dropped 5 more lbs. just like that,,,, lol thats makes me happy... I will have to do better at drinking my water though... here is a video i made just lastnight...luv u guys.. thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn9gaMV31Y

Last edited by xbubloox; 05-31-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

xbu! I am the Fiber Queen of the Universe
I've been eating this for breakfast for a week or so and it works like a charm
Protien shake
8 oz water
dash vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
1-2 scoops Isopure vanilla (depending on my food plan for the day)
milk to taste (optional)
and a mini flax muffin (half a 1 min muffin)
since I'm farther out than you are you will probably tweak portions

Also I take 1000-1500 mg of Magnesium per day
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

My doc has me drink Miralax stirred into one glass every single day, it keeps me regular without getting the poos. It is tasteless, also which helps, especially if you drink in a glass of ice water.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote