Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Default Best time of the day to weigh in?

I've heard that it's in the morning when you wake up.... but I'm not sure if that's right. Any ideas?
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I think you should be consistent no matter what you decide. That's the most important thing. Morning is good because you can go to the bathroom first and just make it part of your routine if you are weighing daily. Me? I go to the bathroom, take off all clothes and hairclips, inhale and exhale profusely and JUMP on. LOL.

This morning I saw my weight flicker and then go up 1/2 a pound. I blew my nose and took out my hairclips (still in) and tried again. YAY! It went back down!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

First - Thighs, so slippin funny, your post! So true! I swear, god forbid I have underwear on when I weigh in, lol - I kid, I kid.

Anyway, Star - I have no scientific answer here, just experience and yes, I ALWAYS weigh less in the morning opposed to doing it in the evening, but it goes hand in hand with what Thighs said, just stay consistent on the same scale, at the same time of the day and thats what matters. I notice as much as a 3 pound difference if I weigh in at night though, so - hopefully that helps.

Good luck!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

First thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom, you would be weighing your body only....
If you do it later in the day, you are also weighing what you've eaten and drank so far and that would give you a greater variation on the number.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/161/149

Height: 5'7"

I get up every Friday morning, don't eat or drink anything and drive 20 minutes to my weigh in place. I get there when they open at 8:30 and eat breakfast after. I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference but it is certainly consistent.
cfb8986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm voting for morning and consistency as well. I weigh myself on Monday mornings after going to the bathroom. It can fluctuate through out the day so I try to keep it to the morning.
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3

my trainer said that the best time to weigh in is during the morning right after the bathroom.

qtxjennii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I'm leaning towards agreeing with you guys. I noticed, as some said above, that if I weigh myself at night there can be as much as 2 to 3lb difference (always more at night) than in the morning.

You guys crack me up.... hairclips.

It's funny though, the things we do just to weigh a little tiny bit less. Believe it or not, I have an old scale that I've had (literally) for like 10 years. I'd been using that one for so long even though I knew (from going to the doctor) that it was waaay under (we're talking like 8 or 9lbs). When I started my dieting at the beginning of this month, and changed my lifestyle, etc, I went and finally bought a new one that should be just about right. However, I haven't had the heart to throw out the old one.... so there it sits, next to the new one. Not only do I keep it to compare and make sure my new one isn't goin whacko and lying to me too (hah).... but the other day, my tiny little 105lb Mexican grandmother came into my room to talk to me and got on the old one and goes, "WHAT?!" thinking she was dying for being under 100lbs. Then she got onto the other one, and goes "Oooohhhhhhh.... so THAT'S why you're keeping the old one."

I was like....!!! *headdesk*
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote