Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default How to deal

You know those judgmental people who believe that looks are everything and without them, you're just nothing worthy? the type of people who make crude remarks knowing it hurts your feelings (they can't be that thick).

I went to this dinner once with my family and there was this woman there who saw me and said
"Hey, weren't you that girl who lost tons of weight? you gained it all back???" and I didn't know what to say! I was so shocked she said that and I didn't understand why she would even say that. It was so mean and I just felt my insides melt. I just kind of quietly said
"Erm..."
I mean, how am I supposed to answer? I can't believe she said that. By the way, yeah I lost a lot of weight but I gained 17 lbs back! for her to say I gained 'all' of it back just made me feel like complete crap...especially because I'm back on the wagon now and trying my hardest. Then a little while later when everyone's eating, she just kind of sits around watching people. She looks at me and asks
"Hey, do I look fat to you? be honest"
....ok, let me tell you one thing...this woman is PREGNANT with TRIPLETS. She asked me if she looked fat when she's due in 2 months? can you believe this? I said
"Well...you know, you're pregnant. It's for your babies".
She just looked so aggravated. I felt like punching her (but violence is not the answer) For someone to be that shallow is just outrageous. She's so concerned with vanity it makes me sick. Sorry, I just had to get this out of my system, hope you all understand...everyone is just really supportive here so I trust I could tell you this story. This happened back in October and I still think about it.

I just don't know why people don't think before they speak. I encounter these type of people a lot. Her frankness just came out of nowhere and it made me feel like some monster.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #2  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Height: 5'4"

People like that aren't even worth associating with. I'm sorry you had to deal with her... maybe it was the pregnancy hormones?

I guess I'm lucky to have not have come across too many people like that. Then again, I've been fat for a long time, so....
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, sometimes it helps to remember how unhappy and limited they must be to talk and act like that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, that woman sounds awful!! Some people just have no social ettiquette and really have no idea what's appropriate and what's not. It's like bad table manners, some people were just never taught any better. I've had people comment on my weight in public (recently too!) I know how it made you feel and it's an awful awful feeling! Just try to shake it off and think about how great youll look soon!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #5  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

since she was pregnant with triplets she probably gained a lot of weight, and she was probably very bitter and aggravated with the fact that she was no longer slim and fit. she was probably like a lot of people, and took her frustrations out on someone else -- in this case, you. it was completely rude and stupid of her, and hopefully she won't raise her kids with such a lack of etiquette. however, you shouldn't let this get you down you've been working hard, and the next time you see her, you'll be in awesome shape and you can flaunt it in her face
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Yeaaaah..... but hormones or not.... people like that make me want to smack them and say "You're TOTALLY not mature enough to have kids."

Seriously.

Too many people have kids that just aren't mentally mature/capable/smart enough to deal with kids! No wonder there's so many messed up children out there (me being one of them).
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #7  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Yeah I don't understand people like that. I mean, HOW can someone say things like that without shame? Even if I didn't like someone I could never be so rude or unkind - I mean, people like that just don't think before they speak and they have absolutely no social skills.

And I know, women who get all uptight over their weight when they are pregnant sicken me. Your child and your child's health is the most important thing in the world and seriously, I know that when I'm pregnant I'm probably going to enjoy lying around and eating for two. I may have quite a lot of weight to lose later but I'd rather be a chubby mother with healthy children than a skinny rake who neglects her children.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote