Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink May Chick Chat - 2009 Come Join Us ((hug))

Good Morning,

How did we slip into May? I LOVE IT!

Everything is in bloom, its beautiful (cept my sinus' are going crazy) but I'm not complaining LOL. I think my favorite thing to see bloom in the spring is the cherry trees and dogwood trees, the white and pink.. beautiful.

How is everyone today?

No plans for me today until this afternoon so I'm loving not having to race some where this early in the morning.

Whats happening by you?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Leenie.

I'm having a real bent toward doing nothing lately. I feel kind tired and like there is sooo much to do that I can't figure out where to begin.

On the whole, I feel good but ...

I've made a small list for today. I should be able to get myself through it and then sometimes I get extra stuff done just because I feel successful
Old 05-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Susan I feel the same way... overwhelmed for sure and some times that makes me freeze in my tracks and do nothing. I try to look at small tasks and say to myself...others can wait, but if I get them done too, its a plus..YEAH ME!! lol

Good luck today
Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #4  

Hello everyone.Beautiful day in the midwest.Have a child being confirmed Sunday and a child graduation from high school in 3 weeks.Busy but fun!5 days in to my new antidepressant.So far so good.Have a great weekend.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - it's been a busy weekend that started out with the Cdn Cancer Society's Relay For Life on Friday night... and then just became a little emotionally exhausting. Feeling kinda worn down.

Hope - any news on your kitty???

Hoping to pick up the remnants of my self esteem and self worth this month... you never know, this could be the month...

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 05-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

My kitty is still missing. I haven't seen him since monday night now. I do have posters up and I got one call today which I missed and the person left a message. I think it was a younger guy who was either mixed up on where he saw a cat that was ran over or just a prank. Not sure. The road he named is too far away for my cat to have been there or he did just see a cat there that couldn't have been mine b/c of the distance. I don't have my address on the poster. I miss him a lot but I'm trying not to dwell on it b/c he could always come home.

Heather, did you participate in the relay? Either way a great cause to get involved in. Sorry for the emotional stress you went through. Hey, when you pick up your self-esteem if you have any left I sure could use a little. Needless to say I'm not feeling too sexy or successful these days.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 146/131.5/120

Height: 5'4''

hope4me, the summer before last my cat went missing for a little over a month. We put posters up everywhere and we called the humane society and the city's road services branch every few days to make sure they hadn't found her. We had pretty much accepted she was gone, but one evening I got a call. I figured it was nothing, because I had received several false alarms (lots of neighbourhood cats look kind of like mine), but I went. It was my kitty! She was very scrawny and missing some fur, but she was fine and she's never gone missing since. So don't give up hope. Cats can handle all sorts of ordeals.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hope -- BIG BIG sweetie, I sure hope your kitty comes home safe and sound!!! My kitty that is now passed, went missing for a week and that was just torture for me, so I can sympathize!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Hope I'm sorry to hear about your Cat, I know when my two pups ran away a few weeks ago I was SICK !!!!! I hope he returns soon. One good thing about cats is they are survivors and are smart. Keep checking with your local shelters.

Nothing much going on today, work, cleaning, etc LOL... its alot but nothing different. Which is good.

How are you ?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #10  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning ladies! May? Really? Eek.

Hope - I hope your kitty is ok and just out for a wander, and heading home now.

Heather - that sounds like a great May goal. I have my fingers crossed or you.

OK, me: did great the first part of last week, then things fell apart on the weekend. I noticed that my eating and journaling fell apart when I went out for drinks with coworkers. Drinking is a big part of the social scene here, but I don't think it works for me. So, I'm gonna give up drinking (alcohol that is) for a month and see if that helps me with my weight and/or my depression. Besides, it'll help with my finances too. I just hope I don't totally alienate my social network by doing it. Or, rather - if I alienate my social network, I'm gonna be dissapointed but ok with it.

Today I plan to 1) journal, 2) eat sensibly, and 3) take the dogs for a walk. oh and 4) drink at least 8 glasses of water. baby steps.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Wow May already!! Only one more month and the school year is over!!
At least spring finally arrived and we are getting some sunshine, that is always a huge help!!

Hope I sure hope your kitty finds his way home. Cats are really resilient.

Amarie good luck with the plan and alcohol is a big weight loss saboteur.

Sassy how are you enjoying the new house?

Big everyone.

I've been sort of up and down, just sort of coasting along. Now that its getting nicer I'm hoping things get on track.

Everyone take care,
K
Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Leenie!!

Hi Amarie!! and Big to you. I things go better for you.

Hi Buddly!!

I am really enjoying the house. We are getting more and more done. My office is almost completed and we got the hall closet organized so its all nice and neat now, the kitchen is basically done, just need to do some picking up. The last room that really needs to be done yet is my husband's Guitar room. But at least the rest of the house is done basically!

Big
Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #13  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi everyone!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #14  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Well, at least I managed to eat sensibly... sort of. Rinse, repeat!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #15  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good job Amarie, but that makes one of us.

I'm just glad to be off tomorrow. I need to get something in the mail for mother's day to mom. I still don't know what.

Good to see you again Buddly, Sassy, and Butterfly.

Check in with y'all tomorrow.

Oh, no kitty still.
Closed Thread