Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#230

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:26 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I just hopped in to see if anyone got to chat today and found myself starting the new thread again. Sorry, but I don't have time to say much else. It's after 1:30 AM here. I just wanted to get caught up with my paperwork before I hit the sack so that I could actually have the day off tomorrow! WooHoo!

Hope to see you all then.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #3  

Chatting was so fun....

Thin: I hope your Sunday is relaxing...it sounds like that is the kind of day you need.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:40 AM   #4  

Tina: I tried to find your "tire art" but couldn't....PLEASE post directions here.....thanks.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:53 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Happy Sunday Morning all
Hope all of you are ok today. I really enjoyed chatting last night we must do it again.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:03 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Ok guys......here is the web address to see my latest Tony room photos. Please check it out if you get a chance. In your search bar, type in tonystewartontrack.com -- If you do not want to sit through the intro music, scroll down and click on "skip intro". Then if you will look to your right........under "The Latest Tony News", look three paragraphs down and you will see "Check out this month's Fan Fanatic Tina Burger! Then click on the little orange words..."view photos" You can click on each individual photo to see a bigger picture. This will show you my lovely "tire art".

Also, would love to chat again with you guys......even though I was dragged away by dh to go watch the movie. I was really looking forward to Monsters Inc., but to be honest, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong.....it was good, just not what I thought it would be.

Well, I'm gonna go for now because I'm at work and we're getting a little busy. Here's a for all my lovelies and I will see you later tonight.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:18 PM   #7  

Tina That is soooo cool!!!!! I love it. See, anything CAN be art!!!!

Got my snow fence up today. Now, I have to get my food ready for tomorrow. Then I have to plan when to exercise. Being healthy is hard work.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:17 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Tina! Wow! That is some room! Is it a total shrine or actually someone's bedroom? Pretty neat...love the tire!

I got my exercise in this morning...did an Aqua class at the gym. I am usually the youngest one in the class, most are probably in their upper 50s and 60s. There were two men there today, I guess they were the "class clowns." Real annoying. Every little thing the instructor said was turned into some sort of sexually charged remark..."Okay, now PUSH!" chortle, chuckle..."Open your legs WIDE." tee hee hee...They did not let up and were really skeeving me out. Even if you have to be a jerk, do the exercise or let the others do theirs. They were all over the pool and really disturbing me. The other ladies giggled the whole time and thought they were "SO cute!" Ugh. The remarks were stupid and childish, no matter what age they were. Now we ALL know, I am ready, willing and able to laugh at just about anything, but they were really grossing me out. Maybe I'll pass on that group next week...

I have to run, gotta throw some steaks on for my baby before he gets home from work. Make it look like I did something all day, besides sleep. Back to work tonight...

See ya'll tomorrow...
Old 10-20-2002, 08:16 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Kat I slept today too! I fell asleep on the couch and Andrew fell asleep on the floor. He came over and touched my face gently to wake me up when he got up. He is such a little angel...except I wasn't really ready to get up just yet....but had no choice!! Once John called and said he was on his way home tonight I ran around and picked up toys, put the load of clothes away that I folded and hung and gave the boy a bath and while he was playing in the tub I wiped down the bathroom with those scrubbing bubble bathroom cleaning wipe thingys! I love those things...especially when company is coming! I also threw a load of towels in the wash and vacuumed the livingroom and kitchen! It takes him about 40 minutes to get home plus I made him stop for milk! So I gained an extra 10 minutes there! He thought I cleaned all day! LOL I did clean out Andrew's dresser drawers of his summer clothes today so I could fit his winter stuff! I packed a bag of long pants that are too small for him to give to the twins in his daycare! I also touched up my paper for my english class. I am happy with it now...I just have to write a quick paragraph on why it is an informative essay and not expressive or persuasive! Geeeesh! What the heck does that have to do with an accounting major anyway! Give me money and show me the numbers!

Tina I checked out the room too...pretty nifty! Thats some bright orange walls in there!!

Lucky...exercise huh? I know its the key to weight loss...but I just don't have the time! I have to squeeze in my WATP video when I get a chance. I have to get myself more organized now! School, work, 2 yr old, diet, exercise...phewww....I'm exhausted!

Hi Thin...did you relax all day today???
I still want your job!!

2Cute...are you back home yet? How was your weekend???

I guess I should get my hiney off of here and get my shower and start on the next project for classes. I'm not sure if I need to work on my accounting or my business law...need to check to see who needs the assignment first!

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-21-2002, 12:23 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

I'm here, but just for a moment..........It is almost 1:00am and I have to get up at 6:00, so I need to get this butt in the bed! I am sooo tired. Say a big prayer for me because tomorrow is my WI.....not Wisconsin! I will see you then!

Oh look! More smilies!! Woo Hoo! Now if they'd just let us use more!! Have a great night. I love you all!

This is me:
Old 10-21-2002, 01:17 AM   #11  

Talking Hiya Chick-lets!

I'm just popping in for a SECOND before heading to bed. All is good. Hubby and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary today since tomorrow night I have a really important meeting at the Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) that I can't miss. We got all dressed up and went out to a swanky Italian place for dinner. I spoiled myself a bit (snuck a bit of my hubby's calamari) and had a nice salmon steak for my main course and a low-fat cappaccino afterwards BUT... I ate sensibly and never for a moment was I off track! Hubby's 3rd and 4th presents in our 5 day anniversary celebration were a DVD documentary about Bruce Lee's life and a book of Chinese tangrams. He's getting his last present tomorrow night after SASC! (Kat... I KNOW what you're dying to comment on here. Get your mind outta the gutter!)

Hey... to read about the earth-shattering thing that happened to me yesterday, take a look at my latest online journal entry!

Tina... Good luck at WI tomorrow! I'm so excited to hear the results... you've been doing SO awesome!

*yawn* I've gotta get myself to bed!

TTFN
Sara
Old 10-21-2002, 07:28 AM   #12  

Sara: I am for you!!!!! Let us see a pic of you in your new jacket!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hey...very cool, Sara! I'm so proud of you!

Lucky, this one's for you... He looks like he wants to GET Lucky!

This one is me... Though not quite AS tired with all the exercise I've been doing!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:07 AM   #14  

Hi everyone!

Sara my husband and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary this Wednesday! Hopefully if we aren't too poor we can go out to dinner that night or it may have to be lunch that day. I can't eat after 7:00 pm I always gain weight or dont loose any at all.

I have really been watching those points on WW. I had my first day yesterday where I actually came in under 31 points. I had been hovering around 38 for the whole week.
Has anyone tried those Smart Ones meals? Are they pretty good?

Tina good luck with your weigh in! I am scaird to get on the scale, because if I dont like what I see, I think I will destroy it!

Michelle, you sound so much like me and my two year old. It is so hard to fit exercise into your life. In order for me to get it in I have to get up at 4:30 am and goto the gym from 5am to 6am come home shower get dressed, drop my daughter off at daycare and get to work by 7:30am leave by 4:30pm on Monday and Wednesday to teach college algebra at the local community college from 6pm - 7:00 pm , get home by 7:30 and give her a bath, read her a book and put her in bed by 8:30 talk to my husband before he leaves for work at 9:00pm - 1:00 am and do it all over again!!

Whew!

Once he is out of school it will be much better, he graduates in February, but some days I just want to do what Marie Osmond did and just drive away!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-21-2002, 04:52 PM   #15  

Default Come out come out where ever you are.

Where the heck is everyone today, Sara's probalbly at her fitness evaluation, Kat's probably out doing some kind of physical activity Michelle's starting her new project, or doing laundry, or chasing after Andrew, Sara's out expoloring a whole new world of clothing stores out there to be discovered Lucky's working in her yard, or doing some other kind of excersise Tontoy is planning her romantic 3rd year anniversary plan's, And Tina is at the mall getting weighed, were all waiting, good or bad Where's the rest of you 2cute, thin, baylee, grannie, and I'm sure I missed some. come out and play

Well the weekend didn't go so well, I went to the movie's on Friday night with my mom, we saw Red Dragon, it's alright, not what I was expecting, didn't have no supper before we went, so I had a small bag of popcorn no butter and a diet coke. Not to bad for Friday...... Saturday we spent most of the day at the arena, my son had hockey seminar's, so I had a small plate of fries, no gravy, and a cereal bar. After the arena, we stopped at Kentucky on the way home and I had a classic burger, and onion petals, no fries, For supper I had a bowl of left over spaghetti, and I also had about 4 chocolate stuffed oreo's.......Sunday started out okay, had a bowl of puffed wheat cereal for breakfast, for luch I took my parents out for pizza, I had 4 pieces and for supper I made lazy cabbage rolls, ( cabbage, hamburger, rice, and tomatoe soup) ate way to much of that, and I'm sure I had a couple of oreo's some where in there to and one of the levft over pieces of pizza. Can we say

I weighed myself on friday and saw that there was no loss so I think that sent me on my little binge, I figured I haven't gotten a loss yet this week might as well enjoy myself and start fresh on monday. I know not the right way to think, so anyway's weighed myself this morning and as I expected I gained 1 pound, better than I though, I was expecting to see at least 4lbs gain, I'm not complaing I know what went wrong and will try harder this week. No jumping on the scale halfway through the week. I got my binge out of my system so I should be good to go for awhile anyhow.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough, will give you girls a chance to get back in here, and post,
Ta Ta for now
Closed Thread