Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Default 3ilbs down by next friday can i do it?

Well the last week has been a nightmare with me fluctuating between 173 and 171 because i'll have 2 great days and then a complete carb binge day all week this has happened and i just had another binge morning!! so i've decided that the reason for the binge are a mixture of boredom of the same foods every day for the last 3 months and not allowing myself 3 meals a day and increasing my exercise (i now run for 40 mins everyday plus sit ups and weights and a bike ride about 3 times a week). And the fact i seem to weigh myself every minute of the day. So i need a new diet plan to help me loose the 3ilbs i want to and get down to 169 by next week PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with suggestions/recipes/meals i really need to get out of my rut!!! Thankyou

My healthy days currently consist of:

Breakfast- Big bowl of cereal usually porridge or bran flakes plus pear
Snacks- Fruit
Dinner- Lentil soup with salad and vegetables plus some protein e.g. fish or chicken pieces

I've been doing this for about 3-4months and i realize my body is getting bored and that's why i have so many crash days atmo but i don't seem to manage a week without one!!!!
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Ummm, seriously - your food looks almost completely carb based. And eating only two meals a day might be what's causing the binging. I'd give you the same advice I give others:

Eat more! Seriously, you need to eat enough calories to lose weight. I don't know how much your 'healthy' days are, but they don't look like very many calories. Try three balanced meals a day (protein, carbs, fat) with a couple of snacks. You're getting almost no protein until dinner time, this isn't good. Add some yogurt, cheese, eggs, etc. at breakfast. Have lunch, really. I know you think the binging is boredom, but it could be your body desperately trying to survive.

I can't give you any tips for dropping 3 pounds in a week. At your weight that's going to be hard to do (usually .5% - 1%) is considered healthy loss. At your current weight that would be about .8 - 1.7 pounds per week.

Last edited by RealCdn; 05-22-2009 at 09:43 AM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

Sorry but that looks totally unhealthy to me. No wonder you binge. You don't fuel your body so it demands food. 90% of what you eat is carbs. And trying to lose 3 pounds in a week in also unhealthy.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  
Searching

Please seek a balanced plan, and with the running you will need to fuel your excercise or you will not burn fat just muscle. I know you can.
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #5  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

I agree with everyone else. Your body is craving nutrition and you aren't giving it enough. I wouldn't be surprised if what it is really looking for is protein. I know I would have massive cravings and be binging my butt off if I didn't get enough protein. A craving is sometimes your body telling you to get it the right foods but we have a tendency to misinterpret it.

You do need carbs but it looks like your diet is totally based on them and that will make it very hard to lose weight and since that is practically all your body is getting it is going to try and hold onto them as long as it can. If you don't give your body enough food it goes into starvation mode and holds on to anything you give. I am guessing you are carb binging because that is all you have in the house. You binge until you are full but your body didn't get what it actually wants so a few days later it tries again and all it gets is carbs, again. Maybe try a wrap with lots of veggies, low fat cheese and some chicken in it.

Stock up on some lean cuts of meat, chicken and fish. You can eat any food at any time of the day. Occasionally for breakfast I will have the leftover chicken/steak/fish/whatever from the night before. Don't be held back by thinking, "but I can't have that, it isn't a breakfast food." If you can base your diet in lean meats, fruits and veggies you will be getting all your carbs, vitamins, minerals, fat soluble minerals, and protein very easily.

Your diet needs to change before anything else. With your current exercise program you should be eating more quality foods than you are. Three pounds by next week with your current diet probably wouldn't be a good thing to try and do.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

The thing is i am eating protein the lentil soup vegetables chicken and fish i eat every day is protein the carbs i have to eat because i'm type 1 diabetic (sorry didn't realise i didn't put that) but the thing is i'm stuck in this routine an find it hard to find other recipes to incorporate any ideas???? thanks
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #7  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

Well with the diabetes factored in then I would say go poke around the Dieting with Obstacles forum and Diabetes sub-forum. I know they have recipes posted there.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote